KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » half life vs halo2

half life vs halo2
Started by: Leon s.kenedy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Leon s.kenedy
Warrior

half life vs halo2

which one is the best..........................

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 02:52 PM
Leon s.kenedy is currently offline Click here to Send Leon s.kenedy a Private Message Find more posts by Leon s.kenedy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chief

Personally i like Halo 2 better but ive only played a couple of things on Half-life so i really have no say either way. I love the halo games though. I don't play campaign too much, im more of a multiplayer guy. cool

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 05:01 PM
chief is currently offline Click here to Send chief a Private Message Find more posts by chief Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

no expression ... I can just see the halo fanclub highjacking this thread... thats just a gut feeling though.. wink

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:49 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Do you mean HL2? Or the original HL against the sequel to Halo?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:05 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kael
The Lone Wolf

Well... as i didn't think much of halo2. HalfLife is better (please log in to view the image)

I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 01:07 AM
Kael is currently offline Click here to Send Kael a Private Message Find more posts by Kael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Halo 2 is great, but anyone who thinks it is better than Half-Life 2/Counterstrike is an idiot.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 01:49 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Very well said. Nothing, absolutely nothing can beat HL2.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 09:40 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

MP is better in Halo 2, Campaign is better in HL2.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 10:21 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I do agree Halo is a better multiplayer, but I find HL2 deathmatch alot more cooler just because of the gravity gun. Its cool having matches where everybody is flinging things all over the place and catching them like a cat and mouse game.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 05:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

I didnt get into HL2 DM that much.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 11:38 PM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

16 way LAN Halo 2 is SO fun!

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 10:11 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Me neither until I played it last night and somehow it was really fun. There's nothing better to have a guy with an explosive barrel with the gravity gun, and you take the handgun and shoot the barrel and it blows up in his face, killing him and a few others.

I think giving time, HL2DM will be pretty cool.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 07:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Yeah i like the fact that its a death match, but i just hate the maps.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 06:01 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True but considering the game is just out and if you havnt played the millions of user created maps, it can be somewhat boring.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 06:57 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I wish they re-revolutioned sound for half life 2... I was expecting something like that.. but the physics are equally amazing...

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 01:45 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True, the sound is somewhat like the orginal but the sound effects are amazing though. Nothing beats running down the alley way, somebody shooting you and hearing individual bullets blasting by you.

Half Life is not open ended, but as a linear shooter, its the best. No game beats this in scripting events. To going the canal and having ships fly by you, spraying water to morters of headcrabs blowing up the smoke stack.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 02:54 AM
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

I just love "Rag Doll" physics. Nothing beats being able to shoot them on the ground, and make them slide about 3 metres. I love the source engine.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:35 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yah, the Source Engine is better than Doom 3. It kills Halo's ass also.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 06:17 PM
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Ofcourse!
Well then we have come to a conclusion.

-half Life 2

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 10:23 AM
conk3r

Dudez you all have opinoins

We all have opinoins, but What about the facts. I'm a gamer, I just maid my first program the other day. My point is i know alout about video games. I have chosen to play video games insted of going out to party and get drunk. Video games are like Nickoteen to me.
So what aboot the facts? Did you know that counter-strike was the number one online played game for 3 years strait then eq came out and didn't win another one intill 2003. Know thats half life one. You could argue that counter-strike is not the same game as half-life, But all it is new skins no guns new maps. Same engine, Maid my moders, but published by half-life. (mods = altered game) So there, Counter-strike is Half-life.
Halo Never won Most online game played, Evan thoe It was the most played on xbox. halo2 vs half-life 2 Thet the opinoins run counter-strike as multieplayer for half life and it takes a dl so.. h2 is a tie. cus of the gravity gun.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 08:13 PM
conk3r is currently offline Click here to Send conk3r a Private Message Find more posts by conk3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote