KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ken vs Ryu

Ken or Ryu
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ken 4 12.90%
Ryu 23 74.19%
Draw 4 12.90%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ken vs Ryu
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

Ken vs Ryu

Who would win in this classic rivalry??

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:22 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

If Ryu was having a bad mood, he would win. Otherwise, he would just take it easy on him and it would be a draw.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:24 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

ryu,,,,they have the potential to be the same but since ryu trains harder and more frequently than the lazy american, he edges ken out. besides having a demon stalker/rival has gotta toughen ya up some.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:25 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
ryu,,,,they have the potential to be the same but since ryu trains harder and more frequently than the lazy american, he edges ken out. besides having a demon stalker/rival has gotta toughen ya up some.

True dat.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:26 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

They are almost almost portrayed to be at the same level as each other

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:31 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Oh you must mean the game, cuz in the anime Ryu is almost always portrayed as the greatest fighter on earth...period. (besides akuma)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:32 AM
jinzin

and Bison

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:33 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

and Bison

You know Ryu could take Bison whistle

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:34 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Isn't Dark Ryu very similar to regular Akuma ????

So the SF charachters are ranked (in terms of fighting ability):

1.Akuma
2.Ryu
3.Bison
4.Sagat
5.Guile
6.Sagat

???
Is that right??

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:36 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Agree.
But with one divergence.
I think that Ken is POTENTIALLY better than Ryu!
How?
Well, think about it. Ken was able, with just a little practice, to take the uppercut technique he was taught by Ryu and Gouken and invent a new style based on it called the shinryuken (the flaming uppercut) in honor of their former master Gouken (who met with some, erm, 'unfortunate' occurences).
Ken did this, something that Ryu has not as yet been able to replicate.
Thus, while Ryu is by a considerable margin the better fighter, there is some apparent evidence that if Ken dedicated himself the way Ryu does, that he would become the best.
Better than Ryu even.

But as of now Ryu would kick Ken from Hokaido island, Japan, to San Francisco, USA!
And then proceed to kick him again for the return journey!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:37 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

honsetly I don't think so. I mean if bison was actually trying the whole way through like he supposedly does when fighting akuma. I can't remember where i read, but akuma and bison are near equal strength levels.....while a super pissed off ryu would go terry bogard on both of their asses in a standard comic book fight, I think bison would edge him out.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:38 AM
jinzin

I don't think so, I mean if you wanna get technical ryu's true power supposedly resides in his dark persona. dark ryu vs any ken= total ass rapeage for ken.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:40 AM
Arsenal

Originally posted by spetznaz
Ken was able, with just a little practice, to take the uppercut technique he was taught by Ryu and Gouken and invent a new style based on it called the shinryuken (the flaming uppercut) in honor of their former master Gouken (who met with some, erm, 'unfortunate' occurences).

Ken's in alot of tournaments. Maybe he had to invent it to beat a strong opponent or something.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:40 AM
Arsenal

I don't think so, I mean if you wanna get technical ryu's true power supposedly resides in his dark persona. dark ryu vs any ken= total ass rapeage for ken.

Yeah. It'd be so bad that Chun-Li would have to call an ambulance.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:42 AM
jinzin

ambulance? why bother? might as well call the morgue.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:43 AM
Arsenal

Ryu must have it tough. I mean with Sagat wanting revenge, akuma wanting a real challenge, Bison's inner evil needing a stronger body, ken wanting to hang out.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:45 AM
jinzin

...chung li wanting his nuts.....yeah he's got it real tough

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:50 AM
Arsenal

I think Ken wanting to hang out is depressing enough to block out Chun-Li wanting his nuts.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 11:54 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Ryu is a better fighter than Ken and can perform techniques with the fireball and hurricane kick. Ken is outmatched. And if we're talking about Evil Ryu this isn't even a fight. It's a Ken spanking.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 01:52 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Ryu is a better fighter than Ken and can perform better techniques with the fireball and hurricane kick. Ken is outmatched. And if we're talking about Evil Ryu this isn't even a fight. It's a Ken spanking.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 01:52 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote