KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Vega vs. Balrog in a street fight

Vega vs. Balrog in a street fight
Started by: unrealman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
unrealman

Vega vs. Balrog in a street fight

Tier 5 Balrog: Can kill an elephant with his bare hands. Generally among the top
fighters in Shadaloo (not sure if it was officially stated, though I think
it was... it's implied, at least) and thus higher than the Dolls. Oh, and
judging by SFA3, he beat Birdie. Probably weaker than Vega,
so he goes here

Tier 4 Vega: Cammy's love-hate rival is generally better than her, and almost
positively let her win in their fight in SFA3. Therefore, Vega's a tier
higher than Cammy. Easy. He's also a better fighter within Shadaloo than
Balrog, I believe (not sure if it was officially stated. I think it was,
but I forget). He doesn't go any higher because that would place him on
Gen's level, which seems pretty darn silly. Capcom doesn't go around
praising his ability like they do for Charlie. Course... a harder more
definitive proof might just be simply that Rose beats him in A3. He
seems around the same ability as Chun-Li, given the rivalry
Capcom initially endorsed between them (where Vega was jealous of Chun-Li's
beauty). Of course, I guess they decided Cammy was a better match later
on.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 06:25 AM
unrealman is currently offline Click here to Send unrealman a Private Message Find more posts by unrealman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Re: Vega vs. Balrog in a street fight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by unrealman
Tier 5 Balrog: Can kill an elephant with his bare hands. Generally among the top
fighters in Shadaloo (not sure if it was officially stated, though I think
it was... it's implied, at least) and thus higher than the Dolls. Oh, and
judging by SFA3, he beat Birdie. Probably weaker than Vega,
so he goes here

Tier 4 Vega: Cammy's love-hate rival is generally better than her, and almost
positively let her win in their fight in SFA3. Therefore, Vega's a tier
higher than Cammy. Easy. He's also a better fighter within Shadaloo than
Balrog, I believe (not sure if it was officially stated. I think it was,
but I forget). He doesn't go any higher because that would place him on
Gen's level, which seems pretty darn silly. Capcom doesn't go around
praising his ability like they do for Charlie. Course... a harder more
definitive proof might just be simply that Rose beats him in A3. He
seems around the same ability as Chun-Li, given the rivalry
Capcom initially endorsed between them (where Vega was jealous of Chun-Li's
beauty). Of course, I guess they decided Cammy was a better match later
on.

i go with vega.. honestly, I don't think bolrog's going to be able to touch him... I don't see thif fight going much different than it went between vega and honda...

Even if vega does get hit, I doubt it would kill him being a peak human but who knows.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 06:29 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unrealman

E.Honda is 2 tiers lower than Balrog

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 06:52 AM
unrealman is currently offline Click here to Send unrealman a Private Message Find more posts by unrealman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unrealman

for this match where taking away vega's claws and making it a fair street fight.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 07:12 AM
jinzin

Oy, that doesn't bode well for vega... While vega's grace and agility are pretty impressive, he needs those claws to complete the set and really make him a deadly player, i don't recall ever seeing him do major damage with punches and kicks, while balrog has been seen leveling cars into debris with one pop.. also, I think feat wise, balrog has proven himself just too durable for anything vega's packin in h2h skills... I think vega would be playing a game of "run away from the big scary black man" until he got tired.. then WAM it's all over.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 12:14 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by jinzin
Oy, that doesn't bode well for vega... While vega's grace and agility are pretty impressive, he needs those claws to complete the set and really make him a deadly player, i don't recall ever seeing him do major damage with punches and kicks, while balrog has been seen leveling cars into debris with one pop.. also, I think feat wise, balrog has proven himself just too durable for anything vega's packin in h2h skills... I think vega would be playing a game of "run away from the big scary black man" until he got tired.. then WAM it's all over.

Feat wise blanka has taken own jungle predators yet he's sooo weak tier wise,Where do you get that he needs his claws to win.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 04:34 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

cuz balrog is just a blob of muscle.. its like trying to kick a tree over.. vega would indefinately need his claws to do some damage.. unless he can get off an izuna drop.. and i dont think even that would help lol

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 04:52 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Vega is stronger then balrog but in a boxing match well I dunno.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 04:54 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

in a boxing match nah

balrog wins

well vega is fast and with his claws he is better and dangerouser then balrog he is also a tier higher then balrog butt vega has his speed but if bega get one of his good HARD punshes it is over

soo balrog wins

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 05:04 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

ditto

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 05:04 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Maybe...I'm undecided at the moment balrog is a crappy boxer I can't say that enough but he's supernaturally strong.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 06:05 PM
unrealman

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 05:35 AM
Antediluvian89
Former R.P.D member

Balrog would take this. Balrog's durability and thick hide would probably stand Vega's claws.

You must overcome your deepest fears to survive the nightmare.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 06:19 PM
Antediluvian89 is currently offline Click here to Send Antediluvian89 a Private Message Find more posts by Antediluvian89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by brainchild81
ditto

wow.. probably the first and last thing we'll ever agree on.. lol.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:11 AM
jinzin

Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Maybe...I'm undecided at the moment balrog is a crappy boxer I can't say that enough but he's supernaturally strong.

roll eyes (sarcastic) and you say i don't know anything about SF...

dude bolrog's one of if not the best boxer in the SF world... his hand speed is probably faster than ryu and he's extremely powerful... you don't develop those assets by being "crappy"....

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:12 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

roll eyes (sarcastic) and you say i don't know anything about SF...

dude bolrog's one of if not the best boxer in the SF world... his hand speed is probably faster than ryu and he's extremely powerful... you don't develop those assets by being "crappy"....

Like I said you don't know jack about sf.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:43 AM
jinzin

Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Like I said you don't know jack about sf.

and you keep doing oh-so-much to prove this don't yo-- oh wait that's right, you don't know jack shit about debating.. have some proof to support them there arguments of yours.. ppffffft....

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:44 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

and you keep doing oh-so-much to prove this don't yo-- oh wait that's right, you don't know jack shit about debating.. have some proof to support them there arguments of yours.. ppffffft....

I've refered to my source already "PLOT GUIDE"

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:57 AM
jinzin

which one?

there are many out there.. and even many more created by FANS with uncertain knowledge of events...

besides that stop distracting from the point.... balrog's a crappy boxer? show proof.... it's that simple..

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 04:09 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

which one?

there are many out there.. and even many more created by FANS with uncertain knowledge of events...

besides that stop distracting from the point.... balrog's a crappy boxer? show proof.... it's that simple..

Jinzin buy a source book or two and they will tell you there's only one story.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 04:15 AM