KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cid (ff7) vs. Freya (FF9)

Cid (ff7) vs. Freya (FF9)
Started by: Kayne Archeron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kayne Archeron

Cid (ff7) vs. Freya (FF9)

both very skilled spear-users, wondered what you guys thought it would come down to

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 05:12 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NINJ4_BL4D3
Sly as a Snake

Cid....cause I like him

join the ninjutsu club

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 05:24 AM
NINJ4_BL4D3 is currently offline Click here to Send NINJ4_BL4D3 a Private Message Find more posts by NINJ4_BL4D3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Freya. More skilled, she can summon dragons and her nasty "I'm invincible when I'm Jumping!" trick is a b*tch.

Plus she can go into her...er...whatisitcalledagain....overdrive mode?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 05:32 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Cid also had overdrives... when could Freya summon dragons???

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:38 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
Cid also had overdrives... when could Freya summon dragons???

It was her last special ability.

FF9 didn't have "limit breaks" they had the ability to go "Super-Saiyan" when they get hit alot.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:39 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

it was called Trance, and the bars filled the exact same way, so Cid got his Limit Break the same way Freya got her Trance... Freya would win here mainly cuz of her jump technique

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:41 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Freya can do 9999 damage with one attack...erm

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:43 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
it was called Trance, and the bars filled the exact same way, so Cid got his Limit Break the same way Freya got her Trance... Freya would win here mainly cuz of her jump technique

Ah. Yes! Trance. That was it was called.

And I hated it! It filled up and got wasted on a Slime...just before the friggin Boss battle!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:47 PM
Kayne Archeron

Cid can do 9999 as well if you train him high enough... plus he can do that damage in 8 attacks

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:48 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Draco69
Ah. Yes! Trance. That was it was called.

And I hated it! It filled up and got wasted on a Slime...just before the friggin Boss battle!

Bah I would get trance more than once against the boss.Ozma was a *****....

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:49 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Skeets
Freya can do 9999 damage with one attack...erm

Which is why I considered her better than Steiner. Steiner had higher defense. But Freya's magical defense was much higher. Steiner's Shock would also cause 9999 damage in one attack but Freya's Dragon Crest would also do 9999 damage....for a fourth of the MP price of Steiner's Shock...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:49 PM
Kayne Archeron

as long as you have all the status immunities, Ozma's not too bad

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:50 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Which is why I considered her better than Steiner. Steiner had higher defense. But Freya's magical defense was much higher. Steiner's Shock would also cause 9999 damage in one attack but Freya's Dragon Crest would also do 9999 damage....for a fourth of the MP price of Steiner's Shock...

I used them both...erm with Garnet as the other.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:50 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Skeets
I used them both...erm with Garnet as the other.

I used them both in the final battle. Zidane for all intents and purpose was mainly useless except for his unusually high attack....

His special abilities were useless. I used Quina more than him. Quina's Mighty Guard was damn essential in alot of battles.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:52 PM
Kayne Archeron

i just used the initial 4 characters: Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and Steiner, and i never really had trouble with any of the enemies... of course, Vivi and Steiner = Doomsday Sword = good times

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:53 PM
SpadeKing

The rat chick

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:54 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Vivi was a powerful little bastard...

Eiko was useless as well. Her summons were not nearly as strong as Garnet's. Except for Madeen who would rival Ark.

I also hated using Armant. High attack...low everything else....

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:55 PM
Kayne Archeron

Cid has better limits, but Freya's got that freakin jump move... i could've sworn Cid did too... might've been one of his limit breaks though x-x

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:56 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Zidane sucks even with the ultima weapon...erm

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:56 PM
Kayne Archeron

Vivi was a powerful little bastard...

Eiko was useless as well. Her summons were not nearly as strong as Garnet's. Except for Madeen who would rival Ark.

I also hated using Armant. High attack...low everything else....

Amarant still had my favorite looking Trance, despite his suckiness XD

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 07:58 PM