KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Street Fighter vs. Soul Calibur

Street Fighter vs. Soul Calibur
Started by: Tallis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tallis
Angel In Hell

Street Fighter vs. Soul Calibur

Seeing as I believe the Street Fighter series to be just a bit above par with tekken, I figured it'd be a good match.

Can Akuma defeat the Azure Knight. Can anyone from street fighter put up with Voldo? Can the Hadouken beat the Sword of Salvation?

post your opinions

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 02:47 PM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, the street fighters may have some problems against the weapons, even through theyre better hand-to-hand fighters... and tekken and sf are on the same level, if tekken isnt above

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 02:56 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Soul calibur chracters aren't that strong, mitsurugi was beaten by a musket, please get the idea. the only strong people are the boses.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 03:42 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

as a game i perfer Soul calibur but i don't think the street fighter's would have too much difficulty disarming them, then its all over, except for necrid....he could take out a few fighters on his one

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 03:51 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Soul calibur chracters aren't that strong, mitsurugi was beaten by a musket, please get the idea. the only strong people are the boses.

Have your read his SC3 bio!!!!

Here's a quote:

"Even what he had once considered his greatest enemy, the Tanegashima rifles, no longer concerned him. There was no doubt that they were terrible weapons, but they were no threat to Mitsurugi. The fact that he had crossed countless battlefields, defeating every conceivable enemy--including those with rifles--was the greatest proof of that."

You gotta remember that people in soul calibur have single handedly destroyed armies.

People how have taken down armies:

Taki
Misturugi
Olcadan
Kilik
Siegfried
Nightmare
Yoshimitsu

They've each taken down armies number from hundreds to thousands.
And their are still more powerful fighter than them in the soul calibur universe.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 05:16 PM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Originally posted by Mesirus
as a game i perfer Soul calibur but i don't think the street fighter's would have too much difficulty disarming them, then its all over, except for necrid....he could take out a few fighters on his one
The edit buttom is calling out to you, push it eek!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 05:55 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Tallis
Have your read his SC3 bio!!!!

Here's a quote:

"Even what he had once considered his greatest enemy, the Tanegashima rifles, no longer concerned him. There was no doubt that they were terrible weapons, but they were no threat to Mitsurugi. The fact that he had crossed countless battlefields, defeating every conceivable enemy--including those with rifles--was the greatest proof of that."

You gotta remember that people in soul calibur have single handedly destroyed armies.

People how have taken down armies:

Taki
Misturugi
Olcadan
Kilik
Siegfried
Nightmare
Yoshimitsu

They've each taken down armies number from hundreds to thousands.
And their are still more powerful fighter than them in the soul calibur universe.

When has taki, yoshimistu, and kilik destroyed amry's.

And misturugi did lose to a rifle in soul calibur 2.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:07 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
When has taki, yoshimistu, and kilik destroyed amry's.

And misturugi did lose to a rifle in soul calibur 2.

In SC1 bio Yoshimitsu went up againt Oda Nobunaga's army and won, and right after he gained his magical sword he named after himself.

Taki killed a clan of ninja's which could be called an army. And Kilik defeated Raphaels army of vampires.

And for the record Mitsurugi lost to a rifle in SC1.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:12 PM
shin_remy

hahahah i was waiting for this thread

Street Fighter wins this, SC aren't strong and

@Judge : NOO Tekken isn't on SF's lvl!!! why do you continue in believing that, people have post several times WHY Tekken can't hang on SF

1 word!!! Projectiles!!!!!
Again The Top Tiers are too much for SC. it is unbelievable how they fight with weapons but that don't mean that they are better. Who has the speed to dodge bullets from a few meters? NON

M.Bison from SFA3 is able to kill the most part of the cast IMO.

How are they gonna hit him if he keeps teleporting?
How are they gonna hit somebody when he is in the air? and remains distance and keep shooting big firebals and beams?

they are not strong. there are a few treats!!

ALL characters must fight close. and that SC people have beaten army's, soo what? Have anybody seen the power that M.Bison released?? probaly not!!

this is too overated

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:31 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

Shin_Remy, your using non canon information when you post an arguement.

The only thing I consider canon is whats in the games not the movies.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:37 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Originally posted by Tallis
Shin_Remy, your using non canon information when you post an arguement.

The only thing I consider canon is whats in the games not the movies.

^^^^

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:44 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Personally, I find the Soul Calibur series to be much better that Street Fighter. Any one of the SC gang can hold their own against incredible odds.

Before he cast out Nightmare, Seigfried slaughtered whole villages in his sleep.

Also, Kilik, Xianghua, Seigfried, Talim, and Sophitia have all wielded Soul Calibur, a holy sword of unstoppable power. The demon sword Soul Edge, which would be even more powerful if it didn't suck life from the wielder, has used Zasalamel, Cervantes, Seigfried (as Nightmare), Tira, and Lizardman, and since taken on a life of its own as the new Nightmare/Night Terror. That's ten different people who have held nigh unstoppable power in their hands.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Aug 11th, 2006 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:47 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, someone, jsut help me out here... did akuma destroys an island in the games?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:47 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Street Fighter Alpha shows CANON abilities

and besides even if i use CANON info, that is already enough proof to claim the winner

don't forget that there are more UNCANON story's and many different CANON story's!!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:49 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Originally posted by The-Judge
yeah, someone, jsut help me out here... did akuma destroys an island in the games?

YES!! and Mountains with ease with his punches

and as SHIN AKUMA he destroyd an Comet a 1/3 of the world with one puch no expression

Last edited by shin_remy on Aug 11th, 2006 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 06:49 PM
Tallis
Angel In Hell

Originally posted by shin_remy
YES!! and Mountains with ease with his punches

and as SHIN AKUMA he destroyd an Comet a 1/3 of the world with one puch no expression

STOP USING NON-CANON.

That never happened.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 07:03 PM
shin_remy

what never happend?

the Islands and Mountains ? or the Comet?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 07:05 PM
Tallis
Angel In Hell

Originally posted by shin_remy
what never happend?

the Islands and Mountains ? or the Comet?

Last time I checked none of it happened.

Shin Akuma isn't even canon.

If you can't argue using the information from the games then don't argue at all.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 07:07 PM
shin_remy

Shin Akuma IS CANON

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 07:10 PM
Tallis
Angel In Hell

NO HE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 07:16 PM