KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Auron vs ThunderGod Cid

Auron vs ThunderGod Cid
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Auron vs ThunderGod Cid

Auron:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auron

vs.

Cidolfas Orlandu:
Orlandu is one of the leaders of the Nanten Knights, and a powerful warrior. He is nicknamed "T.G. (Thunder God) Cid" and possesses the sword skills of Agrias (Holy Knight's Holy Sword), Gafgarion (Dark Knight's Dark Sword), and Meliadoul (Divine Knight's Mighty Sword) combined. He is also in possession of the Libra Stone, but is not a Lucavi. After the Nanten suffer a great defeat to the Hokuten, he begins to disagree with Goltana, and Delita uses this to his advantage. When Delita kills Goltana, he charges Orlandu with the crime. Orlandu escapes with Ramza's help, however, and Delita executes a decoy. Orlandu then joins forces with Ramza, now knowing that the Hokuten and Nanten were manipulated into fighting against each other. He is either Olan's foster father or his father-in-law (the game's translation does not remain consistent on this point). Orlandu is easily the most powerful character the party can obtain in the game. A master of all the game's sword skills, he also possesses one of the best weapons--the knight sword Excalibur, which generates a constant Haste effect on the wielder, making his attack turns come up more often and strengthening the power of all holy-elemental skills, making him even more devastating to the enemy troops. It is of note that while many of his swordskills are shown to be holy or otherwise elemental in tooltips, they actually gain the element of the wielder's weapon. Incidentally, Orlandu's Power and Strength is what started the once popular term of "Orlandu Syndrome".

Match takes place in Balamb Garden with Yuna, Rikku and Paine being Auron's cheerleaders; and Alma, Agrias and Meliadoul rooting for Orlandu.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 14th, 2006 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 04:37 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hmm I don't know alot about this guy Cin. I do know that Auron is one hell of a fighter. (If Auron has most of his abilities in the game), he could use Null-blaze, which renders lightning useless against him. (Considering this thundergod would use it)

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 12:36 AM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
Hmm I don't know alot about this guy Cin. I do know that Auron is one hell of a fighter. (If Auron has most of his abilities in the game), he could use Null-blaze, which renders lightning useless against him. (Considering this thundergod would use it)

Shame. You should go out and rent/buy FF Tactics if you can find it. It's one of the top 3 Final Fantasy and it's a spinoff. I doubt you won't love the game. It's story, gameplay, art and music are top-notch--even by FF standards.

Anyways on the subject Auron is a powerful character with plenty of experience, but Orlandu has him beat in experience and power. Orlandu was so powerful in FFT that once you had him you had little to worry about. He could destroy 6 enemies at the same time with his Holy Sword tactics. He could destroy weapons and deal damage ala Auron with his Temple sword skills and the Dark Sword skills allow him to deal a great deal of damage and also asborb his opponent's HP and MP. He was awesome. The only problem I see is the fact that Auron is already dead. Does holy affect those reanimated by the pyreflies(spelling)? Because if it does then Auron is in a world of pain. If not then Orlandu will have a hard time putting Auron down, but it's possible for him to do it.

Orlandu's class was Holy Swordsman.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 16th, 2006 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 01:12 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Ok he seems to outdue Auron in power. But Auron is still dead as you said, and I doubt he can be killed without being sent. He already has a broken neck and has lost an eye, he still acts like it's nothing. He can summon a tornado with his sword, and his bag that he has by his side carries a HUGE bomb. Auron could kill something in one hit that took Tidus + Company several hits to destroy. (Fighting in Luca stadium).

What console is FF tactics to? How is the gameplay?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 01:17 AM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Final Fantasy Tactics is for the PSX/PS2. It's a strategy RPG. It has job classes similar to the jobs in FFXI. It's gameplay is addictive and here's a bonus: Cloud Strife is a playable char and Aeris makes a cameo. Sure Cloud being a playable char is not a big thing nowadays what with Square Enix milking the FFVII franchise, but back then it was amazing.

It's a game with deep gameplay, a serious often adult storyline and delicious art. You can even ride Chocobos while in combat!

Long Live Chocobos!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 01:23 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Sounds sweet. I'll check it out.

Gotta sleep now, very late. Bye.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 01:24 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Night.

And yeah you need to check it.

FF Tactics and Xenogears rank as my favorite RPGs of all time.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 01:27 AM