KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Clash of the Two Schools: Ansatsuken vs Kyokugen

Clash of the Two Schools: Ansatsuken vs Kyokugen
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Clash of the Two Schools: Ansatsuken vs Kyokugen

The rivalry between the two school have went on for many years. Mainly because some people think that Kyokugenryu is nothing more than a knockoff of Ansatsuken. Now it's time to settle it once and for all.

On the Ansatsuken side:

Ryu
Ken Masters
Sakura Kasugano
Sean Matsuda
Gouki (normal)

On the Kyoukugenryu side:

Ryo Sakazaki
Robert Garcia
Yuri Sakazaki
Marco Rodriguez
Takuma Sakazaki (normal)

Advantages of Ansatsuken:

- Ability to kill the opponent in one blow.
- Raging Demon, Kongoukoretsuzan, Misogi

Advantages of Kyokugenryu Karate:

- Five levels of study (Ko'ou, Ryugeki, Hienshippu, Raiou and Shoran)
- Specialized deathblow moves on the certain level of study.

Note that the Level 3 fireballs from both sides will cancel out should both sides fire off their super projectiles at the same time, making this match more fairer.

These battles are all about skill and the will to win.

===

Jack Bauer Fact: Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Jack Bauer in the face. Jack blinked.

Chuck Norris Fact: Chuck Norris invented time zones in order to more efficiently schedule world wide ass kickings.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 07:53 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Kyokugen sucks, Gouken Ryu and Gotetsu ryu ansatsuken wins.BTW, an ansatsuken is a genric term for any powerful killing martial arts, Hokuto shin ken is an example of an ansatsuken.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 07:55 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Kyokugen sucks, Gouken Ryu and Gotetsu ryu ansatsuken wins.BTW, an ansatsuken is a genric term for any powerful killing martial arts, Hokuto shin ken is an example of an ansatsuken.

I know. Ansatsuken sounds A WHOLE LOT BETTER than Shotokan Karate.

I should have used either Goutetsu-ryu or Gouken-ryu Ansatsuken to be more precise.

===

Jack Bauer Fact: In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What the hell have you done with your life?

Chuck Norris Fact: Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a freakin' Indian.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:21 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Kyokugen sucks, Gouken Ryu and Gotetsu ryu ansatsuken wins.
Ditto

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:35 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so now its killer fist.. rather than Shotokan?... /sigh... dragonball logic ftw

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:43 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Shotokan is just the name U.S. dumb tranlaters gave it

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:51 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

can I see a link to an instruction booklet for street fighter or street fighter 2 calling it ansatsuken?.. I'm pretty sure I can spot the kanji for it

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:53 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
can I see a link to an instruction booklet for street fighter or street fighter 2 calling it ansatsuken?.. I'm pretty sure I can spot the kanji for it

Your gonna have to get a japanese instruction booklet, good luck with that. originally ken and ryu knew kyokushin karate(Mas Oyama's style) but it was later changed to an Ansatsuken with koppo, judo, karate, and tae kwan do properties, shotokan is stupid Capcom of America.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:08 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

thats because shotokan very closely resembles what you described

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:45 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
thats because shotokan very closely resembles what you described

Not really, I took shotokan, it's nothing like koppo or judo, I know mas oyama was a student of funakoshi, but kyokushin is pretty different.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:49 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Ryu and Ken would kill ryo & robert, Gouki rapes takuma becuase he's a jobber. I think yuri would beat sakura since she emulates ryu's moves better sad

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 01:27 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Plus Sakura quit training and went to college after SFA3. Whereas Yuri has kept up her skills and improved.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 01:41 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Plus Sakura quit training and went to college after SFA3. Whereas Yuri has kept up her skills and improved.

Yeah,sakura could have become a great fighter.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 01:43 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

This is kind of a joke match when you think about it. And even if you take Gouki off the Ansatsuken team, the Kyokugen team would still lose. Also, Takuma is crap unless he becomes Mr. Karate. Because he won't go all out otherwise.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 12:33 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aysongail

Anatsuken will win
also sakura can handle yuri IMO cause in Rival schools she was there training so hard she still continous fighting...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 01:40 AM
aysongail is currently offline Click here to Send aysongail a Private Message Find more posts by aysongail Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Rival schools is not canon. Not applicable to the match.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 02:01 AM
olympian

Ryu and Ken would kill ryo & robert, Gouki rapes takuma becuase he's a jobber. I think yuri would beat sakura since she emulates ryu's moves better sad

Rubbish.

And how is Takuma a jobber?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 12:37 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by olympian
Rubbish.

And how is Takuma a jobber?

Cause he gats schooled by ryo , despite being the king of of kyokugen

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 03:35 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto. & That was as Mr. Karate, he's only a threat as Serious Mr. Karate & that's not canon.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:39 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is how it goes:
quote:
Ryu Ryo Sakazaki

flame me all you want, but i think Ryo will win for his diversity and better supers.

quote:
Ken Masters Robert Garcia

good fight but I see Ken winning.

quote:
Sakura Kasugano Yuri Sakazaki

with her superior ripping off abilities Yuri will pummel Sakura (sakura is too busy wondering why and when ryu taught Yuri the shinshoryuken, why and when ken taught her the shoryureppa, and why and when the hell did akuma teach her the shungoukusatsu).

quote:
Sean Matsuda Marco Rodriguez

good fight but with Marco's karate-bear friend joining the fray, its too much for Sean to handle.

quote:
Gouki (normal)Takuma Sakazaki (normal)

this is a joke no matter how you put it.
Gouki slaps takuma around.
takuma get serious and wears his mask to "get serious"
akuma starts rolling on the floor laughing out loud for the first time in his life, and can't continue the fight cuz he's still laughing too hard to actually get off the ground.

Ryo and gang give up, cuz they just want go away and save themselves the embarrasment. Ansastuken wins.....
....and akuma is still laughing his ass off.
The end.

~Sado

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:03 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote