KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Rock Howard vs. Terry Bogard

Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Rock Howard. 2 18.18%
Terry Bogard. 9 81.82%
Draw! 0 0%
Blah!!! 0 0%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rock Howard vs. Terry Bogard
Started by: Swe_Bum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Rock Howard vs. Terry Bogard

Who Do you think wins..?

Terry Bogard

Or

Rock Howard

Based on Gameplay and storyline.

FIGHT!

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 09:53 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

rocks good but i dont see him beating terry

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 10:04 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

terry trained him, and thus knows all of rocks techniques and dirty tricks...

"Weener is... Terry!"

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 11:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know people will be like "Rock won the Maxium Mayhem contest , so that proves he can beat Terry." Nah read that offcial story. Rock and Terry were in the process of fighting, Grant interrupted, Terry took on Grant so that Rock could move on and find out about his mother. Terry didnt have the strength to take on Kain right after beating Grant. So Rock fought Kain and beat him.
Personally I think that Terry would beat Rock because his years of experience and plus the fact that he taught Rock.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 11:26 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Terry wins

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 12:22 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

I'm not sure..

Rock Have some Of Geese's Moves like Raging storm and some Counters...
but terry is the one who traind him..

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 12:26 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

rock wood no how 2 fight preety alright with out terrys training

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 05:55 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Remulous
rock wood no how 2 fight preety alright with out terrys training

Yeah but Rock currently does not fight "pretty alright", for his age its exceptional, Rock in MOTW was 16 almost 17. And he was already able to keep up with Terry. I doubt that Rock would have been such a prodigy if he had not been Terry's student.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:01 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I agree w/both of you. Rock would have been pretty tough regardless, but he's tougher because of Terry's training. I think however that Rock would wear Terry down and take a hard fought win. He's more versatile. Sometimes the student surpasses the teacher. I think this is one of those cases. If he's a beast at that age, when he gets older he'll be able to put the hurt on Ken or Ryu. He'd probably give them a serious run for their money now.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:30 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

terry will win.rocks terry/geese but way younger,but if u come back 2 this in a few years the tables may turn,unless terry contiues his training then i dont see rock ever winning,but terrys already slowed down now,so i see hope 4 rock in the near future

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:36 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Remulous
rocks terry/geese but way younger
That's why he'll win. He was hanging w/Terry before the interuption. Terry's older and bigger. He would likely have gotten tired first and then NDRed. Terry can continue training all he wants. If Rock doesn't flat out quit training he'll always win. It's pretty obvious he's got more potential. He's just going to get better and better. Terry+Geese>Terry

Last edited by I-Drop on Aug 29th, 2006 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 09:51 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Originally posted by brainchild81
It's pretty obvious he's got more potential. He's just going to get better and better. Terry+Geese>Terry
now that, i can agree with but the only reason hes got more potential is cuase terry just about used all his up.i think rock shood get just a bit more time,hes far too new to go up against veteran like terry so quickly.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:02 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

He already has. So obviously he's not. Rock's a natural and sometimes that can override lack of experience

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:05 PM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Originally posted by brainchild81
He already has. So obviously he's not. Rock's a natural and sometimes that can override lack of experience
he has but not at full throtle with the intent 2 kill,now if this was match 2 the death,rock might win after what happened 2 geese and terrys attempts to stop it from happening again,he may not have the hart 2 kill him.but only in a match 2 the death.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 10:11 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

You call busting out a move like powerstream having "used up his potential" ?

terrys potential is far from over, regardless of rocks lineage...

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:05 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

I believe Terry will win this match. As 2D Master pointed out, if it had not been for Grant interrupting, Terry would have beaten Rock. Plus Terry has got more what it takes to pull and survive in this match. Rock has beatin Kain and Terry(because of Grant) but Terry has beaten more threatning characters than Kain.(Geese Krauser and The Jins come to mind)

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:40 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Droopy

Terry all the way Rocks cool though

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:43 AM
Droopy is currently offline Click here to Send Droopy a Private Message Find more posts by Droopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
You call busting out a move like powerstream having "used up his potential" ?

terrys potential is far from over, regardless of rocks lineage...
the power stream is cool but how far will that take him.he may win now.but i cood see rock winning in the next few years.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Last edited by Frisky Dingo on Aug 30th, 2006 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:10 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
I know people will be like "Rock won the Maxium Mayhem contest , so that proves he can beat Terry." Nah read that offcial story. Rock and Terry were in the process of fighting, Grant interrupted, Terry took on Grant so that Rock could move on and find out about his mother. Terry didnt have the strength to take on Kain right after beating Grant. So Rock fought Kain and beat him.
Personally I think that Terry would beat Rock because his years of experience and plus the fact that he taught Rock.
& he did a damn good job too. If Terry's experience was that much of a factor against somebody as talented as Rock(it's not 'cause Rock's a natural), Rock wouldn't be able to even hang w/him because we all know Terry's experience dwarfs Rock's. How can Rock hang w/him? Because he's a naturally fast learner. We'll probably never know, but IMO Rock would have worn him out had the fight not been interrupted because of his youthful vigor. They should have made @ least 1 MOTW sequel dammit!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 08:11 PM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

rock wont beat terry now but later.isnt rock kinda like a bad guy now any way.in the snk universe bad guys hardly ever win if ever.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 10:19 PM