KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cloud vs Link

Cloud vs Link
Started by: KronikSausage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KronikSausage

Question Cloud vs Link

I'll leave this up to ya'll to discuss all I have to say is Cloud cannot use omnislash or summons.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:52 AM
KronikSausage is currently offline Click here to Send KronikSausage a Private Message Find more posts by KronikSausage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

if link has a full arsenal he wins.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:57 AM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

giva cloud omnislash and summons, and link still wins

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 11:50 AM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

This has been done over and over

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:31 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Though Cloud won in those, and people seem to have a different opinion now. Maybe worth reviving this topic?

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 01:27 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

nope, Cloud still owns this

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 02:23 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Two people don't agree, so there actually is...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 02:59 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

seriously, this will end just like the ryu vs link-thread...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 03:01 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Cloud wins IMO, his speed, and fighting with sword is far more impresive then what Link has done

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 09:16 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sidekick
im a loser

cloud still has other limt breaks so he wins

thanks piggle

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 02:53 AM
sidekick is currently offline Click here to Send sidekick a Private Message Find more posts by sidekick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KronikSausage

I personally would have to say cloud, one word cure. That is if he even needed to use it.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 04:58 AM
KronikSausage is currently offline Click here to Send KronikSausage a Private Message Find more posts by KronikSausage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fierce Deity Mask. Link wins.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 03:57 PM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cha! Right

Cloud would Win he has a bigger sword then Links and well cloud can block what ever link throw's at him.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 03:47 PM
Cha! Right is currently offline Click here to Send Cha! Right a Private Message Find more posts by Cha! Right Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Mind backing that up?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 07:50 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Fierce Deity Mask. Link wins.

Ha! By far the Fierce Diety Mask will hinder Link more then help him. He would be reduced to using a sword. Cloud is vastly superior then Link when it comes to sword fighting.

Cloud would use Finishing Touch, Blade Beam, CrossSlash, Meteorine and that would put Link out of the fight.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 08:01 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I think Link would win more often than not. His arsenal is more versatile and can prove to be a real asset in this fight.

I doubt any of Cloud's limit breaks would put Link out of the fight. He does carry a shield around among other things, you know?

Finishing Touch - Link can counter that with the teleporting spell.
Blade Beam - The hyrulian shield renders it useless, and if he has the mirror shield it will be deflected back at Cloud.
Cross Slash - The shield again renders it useless.
Meteorain - Once again the shield makes short work of it, or Nairyu's love, teleporting or whatever else he has in store.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 27th, 2006 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 08:31 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Hmm, my opinion on the matter is that,
Cloud + all powers = cloud 99%
Cloud + no summons = cloud 90%
Cloud + no omnislash, no summons = cloud 88%

Links a little fairy man, he's not match for someone of Clouds caliber. Cloud could almost squash Link with that sword of his. In the end this is going to come down to a simple question of, skill, speed and strength, of which Cloud wins them all. Plus he has more advanced magic so Link doesn't succeed there either. Although my knowledge of Link is Limited to OoT and a few youtube clips. The thing is, in all honesty, i can see Link holding on with that master dagger of his compared to Cloud's "sword". The problem with this match up is now, was, and always will be more or less a one sided fight. Link has no real way of taking Cloud out.

And yes, I'm growing weary of this constant repeat, Cloud keeps winning for a reason.

Of course I'm presuming Cloud has the First sword as opposed to the buster sword.

You forgot my favourite Climhazzard, or are you going to suggest mirror shield can block that too?

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Last edited by Mesirus on Nov 27th, 2006 at 09:00 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 08:58 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetaHybrid

Originally posted by Mesirus

Links a little fairy man, he's not match for someone of Clouds caliber. Cloud could almost squash Link with that sword of his. In the end this is going to come down to a simple question of, skill, speed and strength, of which Cloud wins them all. Plus he has more advanced magic so Link doesn't succeed there either. Although my knowledge of Link is Limited to OoT and a few youtube clips. The thing is, in all honesty, i can see Link holding on with that master dagger of his compared to Cloud's "sword". The problem with this match up is now, was, and always will be more or less a one sided fight. Link has no real way of taking Cloud out.

You can say that, by watching a few youtube clips and knowledge of just OoT. Maybe you SHOULD take a look at the other Zelda games. big grin

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 03:20 AM
MetaHybrid is currently offline Click here to Send MetaHybrid a Private Message Find more posts by MetaHybrid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

dude, this is a mismatch. Link is far stronger and faster than Cloud. The man lifts giant pillars of solid stone easily. He has ressurection capabilities with his fairies, not to mention the powers of the various masks and other items. Cloud is the one outclassed here, not Link. And if Mirror shield doesn't block Climhazard, then the master sword can deflect it, or have you forgotten Agahnim? One last thing, Link's sword is indestructible, Cloud's isn't. In a prolonged fight, Link's magic sword will break Cloud's normal, albeit well made, one.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 04:29 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Originally posted by MetaHybrid
You can say that, by watching a few youtube clips and knowledge of just OoT. Maybe you SHOULD take a look at the other Zelda games. big grin
i was gonig to buy a gamecube because of that, but i decieded not to, i should borrow a friends or soemthing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
dude, this is a mismatch. Link is far stronger and faster than Cloud. The man lifts giant pillars of solid stone easily. He has ressurection capabilities with his fairies, not to mention the powers of the various masks and other items. Cloud is the one outclassed here, not Link. And if Mirror shield doesn't block Climhazard, then the master sword can deflect it, or have you forgotten Agahnim? One last thing, Link's sword is indestructible, Cloud's isn't. In a prolonged fight, Link's magic sword will break Cloud's normal, albeit well made, one.
Climhazzard is pyshical, so no, it can't be deflected, and its very powerful, so its unlikely it can be blocked. To lift anything of the sort in OoT you needed that bracelet, and you can't use it in combat, unless it works differently in the other games, that a pointless claim. I really don't see Link being stronger than Cloud, purely because i have never seen him jump like 200m. Well if you going to bring in ressurection crap, combine final attack with life2 = Cloud cannot die, everything time he dies the last spell revives him, Link would be ****ed at anyrate there. Don't even know what or who Ahahnim is... no expression. Indestructive okay, but its not going to break the first sword, ever. I was actully pointing out that links little blade would be knocked out of his hand when it met Clouds. As proof of that clam hold alittle stick, then get someone to hit it with a log, you can't hold on, least not without it snapping. Faster, hes not in OoT other than that i can't disprove it, but i have never seen evidence suggesting he is faster than Cloud, if you find any show me.

Thats all for now, All i'm saying it that this would more than likely be down to a sword fight, Cloud does have more exprence in that area. (Because he's not a dragon or giant or whatnot)

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 12:13 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote