KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Samus Aran vs Ryu Hayabusa

Samus Aran vs Ryu Hayabusa
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Samus Aran vs Ryu Hayabusa

Ever since the days of Nintendo, the then-novice bounty hunter and the soon-to-be super ninja have been rivals.

And now, 20 years later...

The seasoned bounty hunter and the super ninja face off in a final battle for supremacy. To give neither person the advantage, the battle between these two will take place in Raccoon City.

All bets are off.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 01:12 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow. What an inresting thread. My knowledge about Hayabusa is limited, so I can't say for sure who wins. However, I will say this in Samus' behalf.

Samus

- has superhuman strength
- above human reflexes and agility due to suit
- has super human durability due to power suit
- Has a large array of devastating weapons at her disposal, all of which (I'm pretty sure) have unlimited ammo except for her homing Missles.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 01:16 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ryu has fought an opponent similar to Samus Aran and owned it with ease.

Ryu wins.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post May 21st, 2007 01:21 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

How are they similar? Who was this person?

Old Post May 21st, 2007 01:27 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I'd like to know who did Hayabusa beat that was like Samus as well.

The fat guy on the airship definitely isn't a good comparison to Samus if that's who you meant.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 01:55 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

How is this not spite? blink Hayabusa can't do jack to her and she's got more firepower than an army.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 02:40 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
simonrob123
standing over you

man this is dum no mortal can take on a super human (chick) in armed that has guns on it

Old Post May 21st, 2007 07:26 AM
simonrob123 is currently offline Click here to Send simonrob123 a Private Message Find more posts by simonrob123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

ridley can, and hes mortal roll eyes (sarcastic)
samus owns the hell outta ryu
the varia suit would null any haduken (spelling?) that ryu would fire, and her own firepower would completly obliterate him

Old Post May 21st, 2007 07:34 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
ridley can, and hes mortal roll eyes (sarcastic)
samus owns the hell outta ryu
the varia suit would null any haduken (spelling?) that ryu would fire, and her own firepower would completly obliterate him

Wrong Ryu. I'm using Ryu Hayabusa for this match, not Capcom Ryu.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 10:30 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

oh ok laughing out loud
im still goin for samus

Old Post May 21st, 2007 11:32 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How is this not spite? blink Hayabusa can't do jack to her and she's got more firepower than an army.

And, he's beaten an entire army before. . .

Old Post May 21st, 2007 04:27 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Samus FTW.

Although it all depends if Ryu's TDS could slice Samus's Arm Cannon off. If it can, and he is succesful doing it, Ryu's chances increase, vastly.

However more often than not Samus should win.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 21st, 2007 at 07:26 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2007 07:23 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I agree. Samus should take this.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:30 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

Ryu could take Samus by surprise with some Ninpo attacks like firing giant fireballs at her. Though this all depends on what suit she is wearing too. Ryu would have to be constantly on the run and fire loads of Incendiary Shuriken at her and possible the odd Windmill Shuriken as well.

Ryu could also use his smoke bomb to get out of sticky situations. Though Samus does have infrared it gives Ryu that split second he needs to hide before she activates it.

Though through the whole match Samus has the upper hand.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 01:55 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ryu slicing through a steel jet with the Dragon Sword.

Ryu destroying a similar aircraft with an energy attack.

Ryu slicing a dragon that originated from magma with the Dragon Sword: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gJE_-Q_erN0

Combat skills.

Combat skills.

Ryu using the Dragon Sword at full power.

Ryu's battle against the Holy Vigoor Emperor: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-XQBz5xrRX4

Ryu defeating a cyborg with a fully upgraded plasma saber: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6hWOrZ8Lvfc

Seeing as all bets are off, Ryu can be armed with the Unlabored Flawlessness, the Dark Dragon Blade, or the Plasma Saber MK II.

Technically...if Ryu uses the blade to kill...nah..stick out tongue

And, this is what the Xbox version of the SCII opening would be had Ryu been included as a guest character.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on May 23rd, 2007 at 03:28 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 03:17 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's a lot of videos.

But, whats your point? I mean, I get the videos showing hsi fighting prowess and stuff, but Samus suit is much stronger then steel, and, her suit is powerful enough for her to WALK around in Magma.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 03:28 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Err...Ryu slices enemies who originated from magma with a weakened Dragon Sword. I ask, what's your point?

Also if I recall, Samus's suit does not protect her against plasma-based weapons. The plasma oscillator on the MK II is tuned to the maximum.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 04:02 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Samus suit protects her from Magma itself.

So, yes. It does protect her from magma based attacks.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 04:07 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was dumb. Nowhere did I mention magma based attacks in my post.

I pointed out that her suit does not protect her against plasma-based weapons, as she gets wounded by them. That makes sense seeing as plasma is considerably hotter than magma.

Ryu's plasma sword is hotter than an average lightsaber.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 04:35 AM
StyleTime

The SCII intro with Hayabusa was hilarious. Good shit Xenogears.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 03:50 PM