KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Asuka Vs Hitomi

Who
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Asuka 3 42.86%
Hitomi 4 57.14%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Asuka Vs Hitomi
Started by: Emperor Ashtar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Asuka Vs Hitomi

Enjoy

Old Post May 26th, 2007 08:02 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

NOBODY SAY ANYTHING!

Lmao You know how hilarious that would be? stick out tongue

Last edited by StyleTime on May 26th, 2007 at 08:08 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 08:06 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, lol, I thought this was the link to the one I made.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=443060

Looks like you didn't use the search function this time.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post May 26th, 2007 08:08 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Xenogears

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=443060

Looks like you didn't use the search function this time.
http://I.justgotowned.com/

sad

Old Post May 26th, 2007 08:10 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
http://I.justgotowned.com/

sad
Nah...

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post May 26th, 2007 08:12 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Just for the record:

Hitomi wins.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 26th, 2007 09:07 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It's because it's heavily assumed that Kokoro can't take shots from a gun. Fury has ran straight through a tank assault unscratched, then snapped off the turret and tossed it far.

It seems you do not listen. Asuka's srength has been proven already. What she did in the beginning of T5 and in her epilogue shows how much strength she has. Hitomi placed third place in DOA3, is that it? Sorry, that doesn't tell us how strong she is. It can just be assumed she's as strong as someone she has beaten, such as Jann Lee.

It seems as if you want to believe placing third in DOA3 > anything Asuka has shown to do, well I'm sorry to burst your bubble. Asuka's demonstrated her leg power by jumping of skyscrapers with her bike, and can punch Jin a long distance away before making him smack into a boulder and shattering it to bits. Hitomi has no strength feats. She just beat the crap out of people.

I actually meant to type Akira instead of Bryan embarrasment , but meh.

I own the game. I saw what Asuka did. Now by your own logic, Hitomi can't replicate those strength feats because she hasn't performed them. Now, I ask you. Hitomi has actually beaten people, so Asuka's one little thing is much. Hitomi doesn't need to be as strong as Asuka to win. I didn't introduce that logic. You did my friend.

No, I brought that up to show that Hitomi actually has....wins. Asuka can not attest to that at this point. At this point, she's just another face in the Tekken crowd.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 09:21 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by StyleTime

I own the game. I saw what Asuka did. Now by your own logic, Hitomi can't replicate those strength feats because she hasn't performed them. Now, I ask you. Hitomi has actually beaten people, so Asuka's one little thing is much. Hitomi doesn't need to be as strong as Asuka to win. I didn't introduce that logic. You did my friend.

The problem with using "who beat who" logic is that anyone can be written to beat anyone in a fictional medium without proper feats. That's what we call in versus jobbing, I don't understand why in Comic Book versus it's understood that feats for the most part are needed in an assessment vs victories when compared to game versus. Not trying to suggest we should ignore fights, but there is a ridiculous Hyper Focus of who can beat who in games versus. Yeah, Hitomi has beaten people before, but so has Asuka. Sure, hitomi beat more notible characters in Doa, But Hitomi beating a guy who can K.O. can dinosaurs is no really much of an argument?

Asuka: Has clearly demonstrated better leg power than Hitmomi. she was propelling herself from Sky scrappers of the Tokyo Skyline. So, a kick from Asuka is by all means deadly

Also, she uses what seems to be a derivative of Jujustu versus Hitomi who seems to be a Karate Purist. If Asuka reduces the fight to a ground sprawl she can win this.

She has better grabs then Hitomi, and can break her limbs if she get's close

Hitomi: Has harder strikes since she uses a style that mainly rely's on linear strikes to do damage. So, head on damge is given to hitomi, but to be fair asuka has demonstrated better power.

Hitomi can wins this if she reduces the fight to pure striking, and does not fall or get too close. I don't know what variation karate she use's, but regardless against a Style style like Asuka she has to be the more cautious of the two.

Hitomi most likely has the most durability here since she fought Jann lee, but regardless of durability she can only take so much hits.

I'm going to give this to Asuka. . . Even though I love Hitomi.

Last edited by Classic NES on May 26th, 2007 at 09:49 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 09:40 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

As always, Asuka kills Hitomi with her HORRIBLE voice.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 09:50 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

The problem with using "who beat who" logic is that anyone can be written to beat anyone in a fictional medium without proper feats. That's what we call in versus jobbing, I don't understand why in Comic Book versus it's understood that feats for the most part are needed in an assessment vs victories when compared to game versus. Not trying to suggest we should ignore fights, but there is a ridiculous Hyper Focus of who can beat who in games versus. Yeah, Hitomi has beaten people before, but so has Asuka. Sure, hitomi beat more notible characters in Doa, But Hitomi beating a guy who can K.O. can dinosaurs is no really much of an argument?

Asuka: Has clearly demonstrated better leg power than Hitmomi. she was propelling herself from Sky scrappers of the Tokyo Skyline. So, a kick from Asuka is by all means deadly

Also, she uses what seems to be a derivative of Jujustu versus Hitomi who seems to be a Karate Purist. If Asuka reduces the fight to a ground sprawl she can win this.

She has better grabs then Hitomi, and can break her limbs if she get's close

Hitomi: Has harder strikes since she uses a style that mainly rely's on linear strikes to do damage. So, head on damge is given to hitomi, but to be fair asuka has demonstrated better power.

Hitomi can wins this if she reduces the fight to pure striking, and does not fall or get too close. I don't know what variation karate she use's, but regardless against a Style style like Asuka she has to be the more cautious of the two.

Hitomi most likely has the most durability here since she fought Jann lee, but regardless of durability she can only take so much hits.

I'm going to give this to Asuka. . . Even though I love Hitomi.

The comics vs forum is the whole reason I joined KMC back in 2005 and I can tell you that we definitely use the "who beat who" argument. It's only in times of extremely blatant mismatches i.e. Wolverine vs Hulk that fights are disregarded.

The "who beat who" thing is especially useful when debating martial artists since it's nearly impossible to tell skill without actually seeing who beat who.

While your assessment is indeed logical, remember this is video game fighting.

Asuka's strength advantage is nullified by Hitomi's durability too. Then it comes down to skill, which is determined by who they've beat usually. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 09:56 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

The "who beat who" thing is especially useful when debating martial artists since it's nearly impossible to tell skill without actually seeing who beat who.

I disagree, anyone can be written to beat anyone which is the point I'm trying to emphasize. Look at SNK's jobbing problem, it's mostly because of who can beat who. If arguments like that are valid and taken entirely for face value then Terry and Jin are not allowed to lose any versus ever.

While your assessment is indeed logical, remember this is video game fighting.

That doesn't mean we should debate in such a linear manner.

Asuka's strength advantage is nullified by Hitomi's durability too.

Your thinking too linear here, it's not as if Hitomi's durability will remain at a constant regardless of how much punishment she can take.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:03 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually meant to type Akira instead of Bryan embarrasment , but meh.

No, I brought that up to show that Hitomi actually has....wins. Asuka can not attest to that at this point. At this point, she's just another face in the Tekken crowd.
Excuse me? laughing You were the one who from the beginning said Asuka can't beat Hitomi since she hasn't placed 3rd in a tournament, disregarding her capabilities nonetheless. Then I used your logic saying Hitomi can't perform Asuka's abilities showing how retarded it was.

How many of those people can pull off Asuka's feats, hmm? Also, Asuka could've beaten more people than Hitomi did for all we know, so saying Hitomi has beaten people in DOA isn't a supportive argument.

And for the record, I never said Asuka would curbstomp Hitomi actually. I believe they're on par, thus why I made the Asuka vs. Hitomi thread long ago.

Regarding Hitomi's durability, just because she was up against Jann Lee doesn't mean she can take the same type of blows it took to knock out the T-Rex. For all we know, Jann Lee has fought much seriously against her, or Hitomi may've dodged most of his blows. I can even support this with the way she fights in her DOA3 epilogue. She gets smacked to the ground by her dad in 1 move. Later on, she fights her dad dodging all of his blows. She was never shown taking blows the likes of Jann Lee's and still be able fight afterwards. The durability argument is bullshit.

Last edited by Wandering Flame on May 26th, 2007 at 10:29 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:14 PM
StyleTime

I disagree, anyone can be written to beat anyone which is the point I'm trying to emphasize. Look at SNK's jobbing problem, it's mostly because of who can beat who. If arguments like that are valid and taken entirely for face value then Terry and Jin are not allowed to lose any versus ever.

That doesn't mean we should debate in such a linear manner.

Your thinking too linear here, it's not as if Hitomi's durability will remain at a constant regardless of how much punishment she can take.

I said we have to keep our wits about us concerning the "who beat who" deal. If Lady Shiva beats Batman, we say she's better. If Spiderman beats Hulk, THEN we call bullshit. The "who beat who" argument has its uses.

Could you elaborate on this please?

It need only remain constant long enough to beat Asuka. It remains constant long enough for guys like Jann Lee.
Excuse me? laughing You were the one who from the beginning said Asuka can't beat Hitomi since she hasn't placed 3rd in a tournament, disregarding her capabilities nonetheless. Then I used your logic saying Hitomi can't perform Asuka's abilities showing how retarded it was.

How many of those people can pull off Asuka's feats, hmm? Also, Asuka could've beaten more people than Hitomi did for all we know, so saying Hitomi has beaten people in DOA isn't a supportive argument.

And for the record, I never said Asuka would curbstomp Hitomi actually. I believe they're on par, thus why I made the Asuka vs. Hitomi thread long ago.

I was talking about the logic of "mimic" that you brought. You misunderstood me. I never said that Hitomi could, for example, explode a thick tree because she can beat Jann Lee. I never said she punch Jin into a rock either. I DID say she could beat Asuka considering that little Jin thing won't give Asuka an edge in anything other than strength.

Yes, it is.

I never said you did. Why are you getting so upset about all this?
Originally posted by Sam Z
As always, Asuka kills Hitomi with her HORRIBLE voice.

This is true. Can we ban Asuka's voice from this?

Last edited by StyleTime on May 26th, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:30 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I said we have to keep our wits about us concerning the "who beat who" deal. If Lady Shiva beats Batman, we say she's better. If Spiderman beats Hulk, THEN we call bullshit. The "who beat who" argument has its uses.

It need only remain constant long enough to beat Asuka. It remains constan long enough for guys like Jann Lee.

I was talking about the logic of "mimic" that you brought. You misunderstood me. I never said that Hitomi could, for example, explode a thick tree because she can beat Jann Lee. I never said she punch Jin into a rock either. I DID say she could beat Asuka considering that little Jin thing won't give Asuka an edge in anything other than strength.

Yes, it is.

I never said you did. Why are you getting so upset about all this?

This is true. Can we ban Asuka's voice from this?
Despite all that, you argued since Hitomi placed 3rd in a tournament, she would beat Asuka, even though you don't know where Asuka placed in T5, and regardless of what Asuka is capable of. I like how you refer to Asuka's feat "that little Jin thing" laughing out loud. Placing 3rd in DOA3 > Asuka's feats? Give proof.

No, it isn't. Find out where Asuka placed in T5 then come back and argue that.

Never said that you said it. I was just pointing it out to you so that you won't think I believe Asuka is better than Hitomi.

Last edited by Wandering Flame on May 26th, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:38 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

You missed my point again, anyone can be written to beat anyone. That doesn't mean they have what's neccessary to win. "Skill" is how you use your assets during a fight and exploit your opponents liabilities. To simply state that said character beating said character means he can win said match is bad debating IMO.

It's not like weaker characters have never jobbed stronger ones before. I'm not trying to disregard them, but they seem to be the bulk of your argument.

It need only remain constant long enough to beat Asuka. It remains constan long enough for guys like Jann Lee.

Jann Lee =/= Asuka, they are two different people.

A fight Hitomi had against someone else should not be the deciding factor in this fight.

I'm giving Hitomi the advantage on durability simply because I'm not a jerk. In actaulity, we do not know how Hitomi dealt with said blows. There is no evidence suggesting she took them directly or tha she can take hit's like that directly.

Also, asuka has high durability as well considering her body endured impacts capable of launching her across tokyo.

Last edited by Classic NES on May 26th, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:39 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I made an edit on my second to last post regarding Hitomi's durability.

EDIT: I meant to say much less seriously in that post.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:43 PM
StyleTime

Despite all that, you argued since Hitomi placed 3rd in a tournament, she would beat Asuka, even though you don't know where Asuka placed in T5, and regardless of what Asuka is capable of. I like how you refer to Asuka's feat "that little Jin thing" laughing out loud. Placing 3rd in DOA3 > Asuka's feats? Give proof.

Never said that you said it. I was just pointing it out to you so that you won't think I believe Asuka is better than Hitomi.

My point. Until we see, Asuka looses. For any other character we would have handled it like that. I'm not sure why you're making an exception for Asuka.

The DOA3 ending for Hitomi happens before the tournament. Hitomi has gotten better since then.
You missed my point again, anyone can be written to beat anyone. That doesn't mean they have what's neccessary to win. "Skill" is how you use your assets during a fight and exploit your opponents liabilities. To simply state that said character beating said character means he can win said match is bad debating IMO.

It's not like weaker characters have never jobbed stronger ones before. I'm not trying to disregard them, but they seem to be the bulk of your argument.

Jann Lee =/= Asuka, they are two different people.

A fight Hitomi had against someone else should not be the deciding factor in this fight.

I'm giving Hitomi the advantage on durability simply because I'm not a jerk. In actaulity, we do not know how Hitomi dealt with said blows. There is no evidence suggesting she took them directly or tha she can take hit's like that directly.

Also, asuka has high durability as well considering her body endured impacts capable of launching her across tokyo.

No I commented on asinine writing when I mentioned Spiderman vs Hulk. It happens. We are all intelligent enough to disregard the aforementioned fights. It's only bad debating when said character has consistently proven to be far underequipped for beating the person he or she beat. Since day 1, Hitomi has done well. I don't see why we should discount her victories. Although, I'm not sure if you're suggesting that. I apologize if you're not.

Different? Yes. I am comparing strength though. You were trying to tell me that Asuka could KO Hitomi due to a strength advatange. Naturally, I brought someone with similar strength who failed to KO Hitomi.

Hey it's either durability or speed. We know Hitomi had to defend against the blows in one manner or another. My point is that she can deal with them.

Also, the Tokyo biking trip is being a little exaggerated. She had forward momentum and wasn't completely leaping under her own strength.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 26th, 2007 at 11:01 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:58 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

No I commented on asinine writing when I mentioned Spiderman vs Hulk. It happens. We are all intelligent enough to disregard the aforementioned fights. It's only bad debating when said character has consistently proven to be far underequipped for beating the person he or she beat. Since day 1, Hitomi has done well. I don't see why we should discount her victories. Although, I'm not sure if you're suggesting that. I apologize if you're not.

I'm not trying to discount her victories, but if the bulk of your argument is since Hitmomi beat whoever then she can beat Asuka then IMO that's a bad argument. Especially considering the fight was ambigous, we did not see her display anything. I'm simply giving her somethings because I'm not a pedantic person.

Different? Yes. I am comparing strength though. You were trying to tell me that Asuka could KO Hitomi due to a strength advatange. Naturally, I brought someone with similar strength who failed to KO Hitomi.

Said person does not fight like Asuka, and we do not know how the fight went down. Do you honestly believe that Jannlee has the same approach in fighting as Asuka? And, I never stated Asuka can defeat Hitomi with soley her blows.

Hey it's either durability or speed. We know Hitomi had to defend against the blows in one manner or another. My point is that she can deal with them.

I never said she couldn't, but the way you put it as that Hitomi defending some blows means she wins. Unless, there's more to your argument, that's really not much. Besides, Jann lee performed some of his strongest move during that time. It's not like hitomi was hit by flying jumping kicks every second.

Also, the Tokyo biking trip is being a little exaggerated. She had forward momentum and wasn't completely leaping under her own strength.

Still, she jumped from Tokyo Tower and survived. And, she was kicking of walls whilst carrying her weight plus a bikes. That's good enough to convince me that she has more leg power.

Last edited by Classic NES on May 26th, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:11 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Asuka has shown better strength and durability feats. Placing third in DOA3 or beating Jann Lee (doubtful of those anyway, where's the proof that she did) is not saying much about Hitomi's strength or durability.

Last edited by Wandering Flame on May 26th, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:19 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Asuka has shown better strength and durability feats. Placing third in DOA3 or beating Jann Lee (doubtful of those anyway, where's the proof that she did) is not saying much about her strength or durability.

I'm going to have to agree. . .

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:21 PM