KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Commander Shepard vs Master Chief

Commander Shepard vs Master Chief
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Commander Shepard vs Master Chief

The protagonist of Mass Effect takes on Halo's Master Chief for the title of Xbox badass.

Shepard is a Vanguard for this match-up. Vanguards are soldiers with mixed training in biotics and firearms for use in assault. Biotics are genetical implants that grant the wielder super-natural powers such as casting powerful barriers, throw objects meters, warp, hold opponents in stasis for extended periods of time among other powers I currently forget. They prefer to cast their biotics to render their victims defenseless and then finish them off with a shotgun to the face.

Shepard will also have a Sniper Rifle, pistol and Assault rifle. (He can actually carry all of them at the same time in the game so no complaining) He will have cryo grenades. He has shields as well and can replenish them with his biotics.

Shepards background will be earthborn and a War Hero--holding off an entire unit until reinforcements arrived.

Against this Spectre is The Master Chief who is armed with his trusty Assault Rifle and a energy sword. He will also have 2 frags, plasmas and spike grenades. The Chief will have a bubble shield and regenerator.

Lets rock.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 01:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Master Chief. Chief pwns all.

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 01:54 AM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Do you know anything about Shepard, or did you just blindly rush in to root for the Chief?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 01:58 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

I want to play Mass Effect, but I havent gotten the chance.

Perspective

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 01:59 AM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Do you know anything about Shepard, or did you just blindly rush in to root for the Chief?

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...................*runs out of room* Barely Audible "MASTER CHIEF FOREVER!"

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 02:06 AM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thing is...not only is MC stronger, faster, more durable, and at least as skilled as Shepard, but can actually replicate some of the Biotic powers from Shepard. I'm still fairly early in the game, but unless he gets a major powerup, MC takes him with little trouble.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Commander Shepard as a Vanguard

jinXed by JaNx

If shepard were an adept in this matchup, id say chief doesnt have a chance. As a vanguard, i dont see chief having much trouble taking shepard down

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 02:13 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Thing is...not only is MC stronger, faster, more durable, and at least as skilled as Shepard, but can actually replicate some of the Biotic powers from Shepard. I'm still fairly early in the game, but unless he gets a major powerup, MC takes him with little trouble.

You got the game? Sweet. The game's awesome. Your character will be a force to reckon with when you reach the higher levels(45+) Sometimes I've seen some of my Biotic users to freeze, and even battlefield remove opponents in just a matter of seconds. The character will not get an exponential power boost, but a gradual one as you powerup. Needless to say only after having started another playthrough as a level 2 do I realize how powerful I had become. By the way do keep in mind Shepard does have a Sniper Rifle, which is powerful enough to pierce througha Geth Colossus's shield and durable armor with little trouble. Shepard also has the cryogrenades which can freeze the Chief on the spot, and can actually be placed strategically since Shepard can decide whenever he wants them to explode. The Chief is only armed with the Assault Rifle and the energy sword for a reason...I knew this wouldn't fare too well if he was given any power weapon, but IMO Shepard can last for a while since he will definitely use his biotic powers to avoid a head on confrontation with the mighty green giant.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If shepard were an adept in this matchup, id say chief doesnt have a chance. As a vanguard, i dont see chief having much trouble taking shepard down

As of now Shepard will be whatever class he needs to be in order to win. I only chose Vanguard because it's the second class I've gotten to play as(And I'm still starting) and my first playthrough was as an Infiltrator, and I realize he won't fare good as an Infiltrator since these guys rely more on Tech traps and Sniper Rifles.

Anyways.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jan 3rd, 2008 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 02:14 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Chief wins due to this video, sorry to spam your thread SBP.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 03:41 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a Vanguard right now. I will take back my opinion, I guess I don't know quite enough about Shepard in the later game...tho put MC in my hands with an Energy Sword...Shepard dies...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 04:51 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you suck terrible terrible ass at Halo..

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 05:09 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
But you suck terrible terrible ass at Halo..
And you just suck ass terribly. But don't worry my child...I can train you.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 05:12 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you're confused, as I was bulldozing your mother. As such, you're actually my child.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 05:14 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you're confused, as I was bulldozing your mother. As such, you're actually my child.
Silly white boy, I fvcked my own mother to give birth to me.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 05:20 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I'm done. You win.

SBP could you possibly post some feats of Shepards? I don't have the game yet.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 05:32 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I'm done. You win.

SBP could you possibly post some feats of Shepards? I don't have the game yet.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 05:36 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptr...alo/review.html

Dunno how legit that is, but if its real thats awesome.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 08:48 AM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
(please log in to view the image)

best pic EVER. and since no one seems to realize this i started this EXACT thread a couple weeks ago. thank you assholes for posting on it.

and now lemme throw in my 2 cents i have to go with chief. give him 2 smgs and the real pwnage begins.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 08:13 PM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

Just finished Mass Effect, earlier today.

Gotta give this one to Shepherd.

Tech advantage goes to Shepherd. Throws and barriers being the biggest assets.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 06:04 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote