KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » ALbert Wesker (pre Boroboris) vs. Raiden

ALbert Wesker (pre Boroboris) vs. Raiden
Started by: Final Blaxican

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

ALbert Wesker (pre Boroboris) vs. Raiden

Well mateys?

Resident Evil 5 Wesker /w pistol and combat knife vs. Raiden with his sword.

This is Wesker before he [SPOILER - highlight to read]: transformed himself in the volcano, and MGS4 Raiden.

Who wins?

Wesker: (RE5 spoilers)

Raiden:

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Mar 17th, 2009 at 05:49 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 05:38 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

I might have to say Wesker takes it. He got a crazy boost in his RE5 viewing

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 05:45 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah,

I added some videos for both as well.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 05:51 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Wesker has the teleportation thing going for him, but Raiden can easily dodge and block bullets, and his reaction time, reflexes, and fighting skills dwarf Weskers. It will also take an insane amount of damage to put either one down, but Raiden has the advantage in every area, including strength.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 05:58 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the thing,

It's not teleportation. That's him just MOVING. i.e., RUNNING.

And there's a third fight that shows how easily he moves faster than bulelts, and also shows him denting steel with his fist while weakened/poisoned.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 06:00 AM
KingD19

I consider it teleportation because of the stances he's in when he reappears. He moves to the left, and when he reappears, he's still standing straight up, if it was pure speed, he would have reappeared in a pose like snapping straight up, or still bent slightly to the side. Besides, it's kind of hard to move that fast only over a few inches. Plus he leaves that black mist when he moves, most teleportation is followed by a visual or audio effect, and this adds to my belief that it's teleportation.

In a h2h, or melee fight, Raiden is capable of fighting and beating Wesker in my opinion.

And Raiden was strong enough to spin on his back, flinging two geckos around while he did it.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 06:06 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
I consider it teleportation because of the stances he's in when he reappears. He moves to the left, and when he reappears, he's still standing straight up

I"m inclined to believe he's moving normally because of how he stands, which is funny. We contradict each other.

Look at the first video I posted for Wekser, and skip to about :50. Notice that whatever direction he moves in he ends up leaning over in that direction a little bit, like he was running then coming to a sudden stop.

Also, freeze the video at :57 and :59 and you'll see that his body is warped and stretched in the direction he's heading for.

Also notice that even before becoming fully visible when attacking Chris he's already halfway through forming an attack, which means that he started the attack before he appeared, which means that hadn't stopped fully yet. This leads me to believe that he's just moving normally. Also:

Skip to about 1 minute in.

That running ability is one of the ones he uses in-game as well.

quote:
In a h2h, or melee fight, Raiden is capable of fighting and beating Wesker in my opinion.

Perhaps. His speed, despite being > bullets, has never struck me as really super fast. I think Wesker has the speed advantage at least.

quote:
And Raiden was strong enough to spin on his back, flinging two geckos around while he did it. [/B]

I remember that. Pretty awesome.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 06:29 AM
KingD19

Well you're the 1st person who proved me wrong, thanks, I'm glad someone actually put thought into his abilities besides me. Although the only thing that is against your argument, when he's fighting and doesn't really move around, he just turns around and appears in the same spot, but in a different position.

Wesker has faster movement speed true, but he has never fought against someone with reflexes and fighting abilities like Raiden, I'd like to see how he fares.

And Raiden's pretty fast too, he did slice 3 Gecko's apart in the span of a second, and they were spaced pretty decently apart too.

And yea, it was awesome. It was even more awesome when he had knives stuck in his arms and he used them as weapons. Although it's so hard to pay attention to that battle, since Snake is on the other side.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 17th, 2009 at 06:43 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 06:38 AM
niduin
Son of the King

ok i havent played re5 yet but plan to, but i have seen what wesker is capable of from vids.

wesker has the speed, raiden has the strength and the h2h skill imo dont have proof for that just my opinion.

this is a tough one wesker is faster but i dont think he is fast enough for raiden not to react to him, but i dont know if raiden would be able to hit him.....man this is a really hard one i dont know. wesker probably takes it just cuz of the speed and regen,

I need to be in another movie!!!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 07:35 AM
niduin is currently offline Click here to Send niduin a Private Message Find more posts by niduin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Like I said, Wesker has physical speed, like running and what not, but can he dodge Raiden in close quarters? And the H.F. Blade can cut through just about anything, Wesker is no exception since Sheva stabbed him in the elbow.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 08:10 AM
niduin
Son of the King

the hf blade can only cut thru almost anything because the weilder is super strong, but good thing raiden is super strong

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 08:50 AM
niduin is currently offline Click here to Send niduin a Private Message Find more posts by niduin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

It's the wielders strength, mixed with the blades capability of vibrating at extremely high frequencies. If a normal human wielded it, they could probably cut through a few inches of steel with ease, and a foot of it with some effort.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:23 AM
niduin
Son of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
It's the wielders strength, mixed with the blades capability of vibrating at extremely high frequencies. If a normal human wielded it, they could probably cut through a few inches of steel with ease, and a foot of it with some effort.
IT DOESNT VIBRATE!!! what it does is send high frequencies of "radio waves" that make the blade super hot basicly microwaving the blade, making it weaken just about everything but a normal human would have a really hard time cutting thru steel with one

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:49 AM
niduin
Son of the King

oh and my source is the metal gear database add on that you can download from playstation store, it basicly tells all the little details about everything in the metal gear universe

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:51 AM
NemeBro

Raiden can punch Wesker's head off. erm

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 10:22 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

That can't be true, because Vamp and Raiden's hands would have been burned when they grasped the blade, plus they both should have been burned immensely all the times the blade cut and penetrated their bodies. And this is what I got from the Metal Gear Wiki.

High Frequency Blade

A chokuto in which the blade resonates at ultra-high frequencies increasing its sharpness and cutting power exponentially. The HF Blade was used predominately by the cyborg ninjas, Gray Fox, Olga Gurlukovich and Raiden, but was also employed by Solidus Snake and the Arsenal Tengu. The cyborg ninjas were able to wield the blade with such accuracy and speed that they were able to deflect bullets in any direction they were facing. The one exception to this were shotgun blasts, which were unable to be blocked due to the numerous pellets spread out.

Here's a link. http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/H.F...Frequency_Blade

And yeah Eneru, he could do that.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 11:07 AM
niduin
Son of the King

are you kidding??? didnt you see the blade glowing like an ember durring the fight? and sizzle when raiden impaled himself. and your sourse is fan based mine is official, to bad i cant send you a link since mine is saved on my ps3, if you have one you could download it, its a mgs4 add on. here ill quote exactly what it says

High-frequency Blade
Electric signals in the megahertz to gigahertz frequency range are known as high frequencies. Channeling high frequency energy through a sword raises its temperature, thereby increasing its cutting ability.
Used by Cyborg Ninja in Shadow Moses Incident. The new Cyborg Ninja (Olga Gurlukovich) wielded this weapon during thte Big Shell incident and after Olga was killed, Solid Snake passed the blade onto Raiden, who ultimately used it to defeat Solidus Snake.

and thats from an official mgs add on

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 11:42 AM
KingD19

The one time it sizzled was when Raiden stabbed it through himself and Vamp, I will give you that, and it did glow as if hot. Although in the last fight, he stabbed Vamp and held the sword in for a while, no sizzling or bubbling flesh.

And the blade wasn't glowing until the end of the fight, right before he stabbed himself and Vamp.

Also, if Grey Fox used a HF Blade like you're describing, why did none of his victims, Ocelot included, have burns when they were cut? If the blade was emitting those temperatures, it more melts through anything than cuts it, like a lightsaber, and if it indeed did give off the temperatures you stated it does, Ocelots stump should have been seared closed, as well as the mutilated soldiers in the hallway.

So either the whole H.F. Blade theory is inconsistent with itself, making us both right, or the game developers just said to hell with it and did whatever they wanted.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 12:43 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Because the blade isn't always active. most of the time its simply a modernised katana.

And lets not forget the electrical stun capability either.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 01:16 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I thought that was just on Snake's knife?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 01:24 PM