KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kyo Kusanagi Vs Ryu

Kyo Kusanagi Vs Ryu
Started by: REY1987

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REY1987
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyo Kusanagi Vs Ryu

i know you will all hate me for this and call me names and stuff....

but here i go anyways....

KYO vs RYU

you can speculate, but i think kyo will win.... not only because he has more move and fighting skills which has evolved and developed over time BUT ALSO he attacks with flames - fire....while ryu consistently has the same attack pattern over years with no noticeable changes whatsoever and he hits his opponent with what?.... does "blue colored thingy" defines it....

all ryu can his shoot his so 90's "Adoken" or whatever with smaller and bigger sizes..... thats not cool.... and wandering warrior.... bull****

kyo is more likely to be seen as a winner in this match up......

but there u go the ball in your court..

"let the mudslinging BEGIN!!!"

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 09:21 AM
REY1987 is currently offline Click here to Send REY1987 a Private Message Find more posts by REY1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyo. anyday. the day ryu's capable of sending people flying with just the force of his blows, let me know.

speed, strength, power, experience=kyo all the way

~Sado

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 12:11 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

I'd have to say Ryu. I haven't seen much from Kyo. He can control fire and won several KOFs but that's all I know of him. Ryu can dodge bullets and was lifting some heavy boulder in one of his endings. He even managed to survive a fight against Akuma.

Kyo seems to be pretty weak when compared to the other SNK heros.

sig by ScreamPaste

Last edited by Sin_Volvagia on Jul 27th, 2009 at 02:26 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 02:19 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
Kyo. anyday. the day ryu's capable of sending people flying with just the force of his blows, let me know.

speed, strength, power, experience=kyo all the way

~Sado

You forgot something. Kyo also has a cooler outfit.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 07:39 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Kyo wins. More moves, more powerful and faster.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:18 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Kyo ftw. would have responded earlier if not for the damn power going out in everything.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:21 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Ryu.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 05:39 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Ryu.

based on what? stop being such a hater mate. you know damn well that kyo's got better feats than this dosche.

quote:
I'd have to say Ryu. I haven't seen much from Kyo. He can control fire and won several KOFs but that's all I know of him. Ryu can dodge bullets and was lifting some heavy boulder in one of his endings. He even managed to survive a fight against Akuma. Kyo seems to be pretty weak when compared to the other SNK heros.

kyo's feats:
-busted a huge iron mast with a flick of his arm, almost effortlessly (KoFAD)
-a powerup caused the earth to tremble around him (KoFZero ad)
-his punch had enough force to blow goro daimon and benimaru away (notice it was just the force of his blow and not the blow itself)
-punched Iori several feat away with a punch
-KO'd Orochi with a punch
-wrecked the entire NEST base with his serpeant wave move in KoF99
-he actually fights in an extremely toned down way because as shown in KoFKYO, his flames are capable of incinerating people if he so wishes. he was about to incinerate Yashiro and Yamazaki together until Kaguar stopped him. ryu's flame hadouken can cause bad burns but not incineration nor gouki's for that matter
-fought Orochi Iori and lived to talk about it
-fought Orochi and lived to talk about it (orochi>>>>akuma)
-fought Igniz and lived to talk about it (Igniz>>>>>>Akuma)
-fought Goenitz, Orochi trio and lived to talk about all of whom are about as powerful as Gouki if not more

and lol at kyo being weak compared to SNK heroes. the man beat Terry Bogard in a spar and i'm really curious to know how you think he won the KoF tournaments when the other "superior" fighters are there in it?

Ryu's way too overrated for someone who has no feats in terms of striking power. sure he lifted a bolder but the strongest hitting force ryu's shown is knocking down Adon with a hadouken.

fighting gouki and living isn't a feat considering that Kyo's fought MUCH worse and lived as well.

~Sado

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 08:20 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

based on what? stop being such a hater mate. you know damn well that kyo's got better feats than this dosche.

kyo's feats:
-his punch had enough force to blow goro daimon and benimaru away (notice it was just the force of his blow and not the blow itself)
-he actually fights in an extremely toned down way because as shown in KoFKYO, his flames are capable of incinerating people if he so wishes. he was about to incinerate Yashiro and Yamazaki together until Kaguar stopped him. ryu's flame hadouken can cause bad burns but not incineration nor gouki's for that matter
-fought Goenitz, Orochi trio and lived to talk about all of whom are about as powerful as Gouki if not more

and lol at kyo being weak compared to SNK heroes. the man beat Terry Bogard in a spar and i'm really curious to know how you think he won the KoF tournaments when the other "superior" fighters are there in it?

Ryu's way too overrated for someone who has no feats in terms of striking power. sure he lifted a bolder but the strongest hitting force ryu's shown is knocking down Adon with a hadouken.

fighting gouki and living isn't a feat considering that Kyo's fought MUCH worse and lived as well.

~Sado

Correction it said that he and Terry sparred... not that there was a clear victor and I still choose Ryu wink and Kyo is overrated as well.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 08:31 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, kyo never wins matches for being kyo. ryu does. heck he gets to beat JIN KAZAMA just because he's Ryu laughing

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 08:57 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Originally posted by P-Geyser
Correction it said that he and Terry sparred... not that there was a clear victor and I still choose Ryu wink and Kyo is overrated as well.

Not as overrated as Ryu.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 09:02 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Not as overrated as Ryu.

Really?....you should check out that site KOF confusticated site. Kyo's profile actually states and I quote "This is the story about the greatest fighter ever to particapate in the KOF tournament".....making Kyo seem like he is Hercules and other fighters such as Terry,Ryo,Athena mean SQUAT. At least with Ryu, he did set the tone for 2d fighters in general and yes I agree too many people think he owns everyones a$$ for free.

well, kyo never wins matches for being kyo. ryu does. heck he gets to beat JIN KAZAMA just because he's Ryu

What's funny is though like on KOF confusticated and YOUR site Kyo is portrayed as this japenese superman. Are you sure he can't also fly?...has x-ray vision? an adamantiam skeleton?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 09:15 AM
REY1987
Restricted

Account Restricted

look dude,

every one who is against Kyo, i admit that they have the right to be against him. but definitely they cannot have the brains for it. any idiot can tell that kyo has MORE moves, MORE power, MORE speed and MORE experience (as already has been explained by sado 22 above-thank you)

if you want to say, that you will still suggest Ryu as a winner. Than please suggest a move from Ryu that can match, let alone beat kyo's moves.

again he is faster, stronger, and he has the element on his side. fire is an all terrain/all season weapon. and kyo has full control over it.

and let me see. why is he overrated?

Because he actually belongs to a game that has been coming since 1994 in the form of tournaments and he has won most of them and has played major role in all of them. still asking why kyo

so listen, every story needs a protagonist and unlike ANY street fighter EVERY KOF had a sotryline that continued from a previous episode and ended with the next in loop. 98, 2002 and xii being the story gaps.
so i think when u chose a protaganist for such an elaborate story, tradition and history you dont chose some one who is

A. uneducated
B. homeless
C. wanderer
D. with no future

that looks like the qualities of an A-Grade HOBO. not a protagonist. hence, the reason they never chose RYU to be the main character of either of the street fighter movies.

Kyo on the other hand is not only more skilled and powerful than Ryu. his placement in the story and his profile automatically puts him at a higher point compared to other Snk or Capcom characters. because

A. he is educated, yes a skoolboy maybe but he is educated
B. belongs to a well known and proper family
C. funtional and realistic clothing, that me and you can wear to school or to movies
D. mentally stable, no shin shit or orochi crap
E. Orochi seal keeper and recently the only seal keeper left
F. good looking and has a background story of an average 20 sumthing guy

so dont just say RYU..... Prove it.

Thanks!
Rey

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 11:07 AM
REY1987 is currently offline Click here to Send REY1987 a Private Message Find more posts by REY1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
What's funny is though like on KOF confusticated and YOUR site Kyo is portrayed as this japenese superman. Are you sure he can't also fly?...has x-ray vision? an adamantiam skeleton?

you still read those manhuas and try to get an ulcer? non-canon mate, stop reading 'em. and what did i say about kyo about my site that makes him god? confused

quote:
look dude,
every one who is against Kyo, i admit that they have the right to be against him. but definitely they cannot have the brains for it. any idiot can tell that kyo has MORE moves, MORE power, MORE speed and MORE experience (as already has been explained by sado 22 above-thank you)
if you want to say, that you will still suggest Ryu as a winner. Than please suggest a move from Ryu that can match, let alone beat kyo's moves.
again he is faster, stronger, and he has the element on his side. fire is an all terrain/all season weapon. and kyo has full control over it.
Because he actually belongs to a game that has been coming since 1994 in the form of tournaments and he has won most of them and has played major role in all of them. still asking why kyo
so listen, every story needs a protagonist and unlike ANY street fighter EVERY KOF had a sotryline that continued from a previous episode and ended with the next in loop. 98, 2002 and xii being the story gaps.
so i think when u chose a protaganist for such an elaborate story, tradition and history you dont chose some one who is
A. uneducated
B. homeless
C. wanderer
D. with no future
that looks like the qualities of an A-Grade HOBO. not a protagonist. hence, the reason they never chose RYU to be the main character of either of the street fighter movies.
Kyo on the other hand is not only more skilled and powerful than Ryu. his placement in the story and his profile automatically puts him at a higher point compared to other Snk or Capcom characters. because
C. funtional and realistic clothing, that me and you can wear to school or to movies
Thanks!
Rey

damn straight! why would anyone wanna vouch for some homeless, closet homo with no shoes. worse yet, ryu's spent 33 years practicing karate and he still gets beat up by Ken who barely practicies (compared to ryu). on top of that, how can you devote your entire life to something and STILL suck at it. he has three moves for god's sake. how can you practice for 33 years and never get a new move for yourself? how?

every ryu fan breaks the form rules by coming up here and saying "ryu wins because he can fight akuma and live". that's bullshite. the same fans then cry when you tell them that kyo laid out Orochi and say its PIS but refuse to admit that the entire SF4 anime and ryu's pathetic fight with akuma was PIS as well.

not to mention that between "ryu wins, he lived against akuma" the fans think "kyo fought and lived against a god" doesn't amount to anything and can't be used against them. SF fans laughing

Kyo stomps Ryu, burns his clothes off and sends him crying to Ken.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Jul 29th, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 12:38 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Draw....

We have been over this with a fine toothed comb countless times already, so I ain't touching this dead horse yet again

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 01:16 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

kyo's feats:

~Sado

I was hoping you'd post this earlier. Alright I stand corrected.

I thought Kyo was weaker than someone Terry because the canon endings I've seen show the villain being defeated by more than one person (Goenitz and Orochi for example).

Ryu's strongest attack is his Shoryuken (which took down Hugo). The Hadouken is just a long-distance punch.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 01:20 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by REY1987
[B]look dude,

A. uneducated
B. homeless
C. wanderer
D. with no future

Thanks!
Rey

Look "Dude". First off, any idiot can see that KOF back in 94,till now is a team tournament. Kyo gets to be called the KOF champ whereas Beni and Gori did have something to do with it right? I believe that makes him overrated. More moves.. well guess your right since SNK keeps pampering this guy too know end.

Speaking for Ryu not being the main guy in SF movies, correct me if I am wrong but were those not "american"? SF the anime movie however was one of the best animes I have seen and I do believe Ryu was the focus of that.

Me thinks Ryu wins...I don't know cause of the years of experience(and no I did not say about anything about surviving akuma) but you know that don't mean sh!t here. I believe not sure though that the move SV stated which is the Shin Sho Ryuken.

you still read those manhuas and try to get an ulcer? non-canon mate, stop reading 'em. and what did i say about kyo about my site that makes him god?

I don't know how Kyo can blow away the whole crowd with just one blow turn people into kentucky fried Chicken considered "the greatest fighter" IN ALL OF KOF and I suppose SNK fighters...not good.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 04:57 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I was hoping you'd post this earlier. Alright I stand corrected.
I thought Kyo was weaker than someone Terry because the canon endings I've seen show the villain being defeated by more than one person (Goenitz and Orochi for example).
Ryu's strongest attack is his Shoryuken (which took down Hugo). The Hadouken is just a long-distance punch.

welcome to the kusangi church, mate
don't listen to P-geyser, he fell from heaven a long time ago

quote:
I don't know how Kyo can blow away the whole crowd with just one blow turn people into kentucky fried Chicken considered "the greatest fighter" IN ALL OF KOF and I suppose SNK fighters...not good.

i said that on my site? confused

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 09:55 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

welcome to the kusangi church, mate
don't listen to P-geyser, he fell from heaven a long time ago

(gives Sado the finger)

i said that on my site? confused

I was talking in reference to how Kyo can scorch his opponents if he so pleased.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 10:26 PM
REY1987
Restricted

Account Restricted

nice to hear from you...... DUDE!

Although, you sort of just repeated what you have said before but anyways, ill reply something different to keep everyone interested.

first off, YES! they pamper him because he is worth pampering!
At least he changes his clothes every once in a while for god sake. again a game, a movie, a story, a cartoon, every piece of freakin' fiction needs a protagonist. and kyo as a protagonist is better than RYU in every sense. That is why they kiss his B.U.T.T and Ryu's in that case is too smelly to do so.....

second, ok so what even if he was the main character of the ANIMES, in order to correct you.... The movies were not 'american' they were "international" and when speaking worldwide nobody gives a pig's Arse about a jobless, homeless, duffle bag carrying hobo, who happens to be JAPANESE .... AND wearing the same attire since ages. (though in animes it works... actually everything does. even pikachu... :P)

Third, who ever beni and GORI!?!?! are.... tell them that Kyo already has two good team members called 'benimaru' and 'goro'[sarcasm]
and they were not there when:

-KYO escaped nest - KOF99
-Defeated Orochi - KOF97
-Survived Orochi Iori - KOF97
-Saving Southtown - KOFAD
and more.... including this he is capable of facing iori at any given time, defending the orochi seal 24x7, kicking NEST's butt, Teaching Shingo, Learning from Saisyu, having a Girlfriend etc... all on is own.

and thats a "worthy" protagonist right there my friend..... who IS again i will add... is better at fighting too....

what does Ryu has to do with his worthless life, whats his use in this world. other than practicing his three moves over and over again......
and defeating akuma or gouki or whatever...

if u love Ryu so much than try to prove it..... dont just say ryu will win.... prove it or go crying to capcom asking them to re-design ryu's character as someone like dante.... because that is the level kyo is at.....

P.S. Did u know! KFC is made with the help of 'FIRE' or 'FLAMES' so anyone wielding enough fire can make KFCapcom anytime.....

Thanks for reading everyone!!
Rey

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 05:55 AM