KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » KMC Olympics: Archery

KMC Olympics: Archery
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Arrow KMC Olympics: Archery

The Archery bracket is posted below. Only the top five may compete.
quote:
Archery:
Link V
Sylvanas IV
Ryu Hayabusa IV
Shinon (Fire Emblem) III
Kratos III

Turok I
Sheva II
Krauser I
Leliana I
Momiji I

The rules:
-This is a contest of pure skill in the field of archery. All characters are restricted to the same non-magical equipment. (Designed, mind you, to allow for the character's full physical strength, but still accessible to characters without super-human strength.)
-The targets are placed a full mile down range, and painted with the classical red on white consecutive circles and bullseye.
-No powers, no other equipment, no jumping, or unorthodox firing.
-This is not a poll.

Who takes gold?

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Feb 21st, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 11:18 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Video for Shinon. (The red haired archer who shoosts the rope with relative ease.) In the English version, I think I remember him saying something about "No hesitation".

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 11:37 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Shinon can't shoot for a mile. I'm gonna say Link, just because.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 11:45 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Kratos.... no, Ryu. `~`

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 11:50 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No poll

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 11:52 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

none of these people are amerikanski.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 11:56 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Turok is NATIVE American.

no expression

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 11:57 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

sylvanas for gold imo

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:01 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:03 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phantom Miria

Now I may need a bit more than that my lady. Anything else she's done *wink wink*

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:12 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

She can aim and shoot in the time it takes to process the thought and her arrow will hit true. Something like that. Can not remember what the book said. It was when she shot at Arthas when they first met, if someone has the book.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:26 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

This is the only part of the Olympics that I'm gonna root for Link. I don't even know who that WoW elf is for obvious reasons.

Link wins for actually participating in archery and down Bulbins in some cat town.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:47 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Sylvanas is the leader of the undead faction in WoW stick out tongue Crazy good shot, as shown in those screens that Miria posted.

She's an undead Elf who can shoot very accurately very quickly. Also, she's hot.

I'm all for Link though. (Everyone knew this.)

Twilight Princess:
-pegs an inch thick pole at ridiculous distance.
-wins a shoot out with piles of targets
-shoosts enemies from far enough away to be invisible
-shoosts many a rope

Wind Waker:
-Shoosts a Wind god inside his own personal cyclone which can throw you and your boat across the ocean if you come close, through the walls of wind.

-OoT:
-While on horseback, scores perfect on the gerudo archery track to win the huge quiver.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:50 AM
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

i gotta say link on this one, he is a hell of an archer

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:57 AM
wammamram is currently offline Click here to Send wammamram a Private Message Find more posts by wammamram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

MM Link shoosts Aliens too.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 12:58 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by Phantom Miria
She can aim and shoot in the time it takes to process the thought and her arrow will hit true. Something like that. Can not remember what the book said. It was when she shot at Arthas when they first met, if someone has the book.

"She drew and fired, drew and fired, almost quicker than thought" - RotLK

Judging by what I have heard, Sylvanas would take this. She bested the Scourge archers with no effort and all, and Scourge archers has hit running targets from nigh miles away. On record, Sylvanas is the greatest archer in Warcraft.

In the scans provided by Phantom Miria, Sylvanas is far away enough to be merely a dot in the distance, which indicate a distance of at least a mile. From this distance, Sylvanas could fire four arrows at virtually the same time and each one of them hit several slim, moving tentacles without fault. She was not even motivated, she just happened to come by and decided to help bring down the beast.

Beyond that, Sylvanas was able to take aim on Arthas while he rode Invincible and fire across the Undead forces and, had Arthas not destroyed the arrow, would have hit him right between the eyes. Right between the eyes is however a feat she has provided us in Warcraft: Ghostlands, where she took aim and brought down a gargoyle in a single shot, the arrow piercing its stone head right between the eyes.

After turned undead, Sylvanas became an even better archer and she hit Arthas on their next encounter. In their previous one, Arthas reacted to the arrow and split it in half with his blade. This time, he lacked the capability:

"It impaled his left shoulder, piercing through his armor as if it were as flimsy as parchment, adding a fresh type of agony. He was confused for an instant- Sylvanas was a master archer. She couldn't possibly miss a fatal shot at this distance" - RotLK

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Sylvanas is the leader of the undead faction in WoW stick out tongue Crazy good shot, as shown in those screens that Miria posted.

She's an undead Elf who can shoot very accurately very quickly. Also, she's hot.

I'm all for Link though. (Everyone knew this.)

Twilight Princess:
-pegs an inch thick pole at ridiculous distance.
-wins a shoot out with piles of targets
-shoosts enemies from far enough away to be invisible
-shoosts many a rope

Wind Waker:
-Shoosts a Wind god inside his own personal cyclone which can throw you and your boat across the ocean if you come close, through the walls of wind.

-OoT:
-While on horseback, scores perfect on the gerudo archery track to win the huge quiver.

Most of those feat apply to a lot of archers, even in real life. Sylvanas is on an inhuman league, being able to hit the tentacles presented in the scans.

When it comes to hitting the Wind God, it seems to me like it was strength at shot that hit him and not skill. If the arrows pierced the wind that throw boats around, it is not so much skills as strength. Furthermore, an arrow take less volume than a boat or an elf, move faster and is designed to pierce air. With a good enough arrow and high enough strength, you can pierce all from walls of wind to walls of stone and hit the target behind.
In perspective, it is more likely by logic that an arrow can hit the Wind God than a boat or a person is able to physically reach it.

Seem to me like Link has perfect aim on targets standing still. Sylvanas so far has not shot anything standing still, so we have no way of knowing how good she is at that. Which, to me, makes the winner of this obvious. Even if the range between Link and the pole(s) is farther than Sylvanas and the tentacles, her feat count for more, since she hit with four arrows pretty much at the same time, and her targets were moving while roughly as thick as a common wooden pole.

Last edited by Q'Anilia on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 09:15 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 09:13 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sylvanas

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 09:40 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Most of those feat apply to a lot of archers, even in real life. Sylvanas is on an inhuman league, being able to hit the tentacles presented in the scans.

Actually, most of those feats are entirely impossible for a normal human. :P I'll agree striking through the cyclone was as much strength as skill, but no arrow fired by a man would ever have a chance, in either scenario.

No human would ever be able to shoot an inch thick pole from the distance Link did, either, or even see it. Which reminds me, if I recall correctly Cylone guy is amazed Link could even see him when Link shoots him, let alone hit him with a series of arrows. This shows that it would take skill to pull the shot off. (I should mention that the diety in question was at the very top of his personal cyclone, just beneath the clouds.)

The shooting many a rope thing was also understated, but it is true people can do this, just not with the range and precision that Link can.

quote:
Seem to me like Link has perfect aim on targets standing still.
He's shot many moving targets in his long career as a perpetual teenager stick out tongue

Both Sylvanas and Link are very impressive shots. It's hard to really eyeball the distance between Link and the pole, but the pole is very high up on the opposite end of a canyon which Link is at the bottom of, and near the end of. Lemme see if I can get some screens.

Keep in mind, even if Link's aim were only perfect against a still target, the ones at the end of the shooting range aren't exactly going to run away. stick out tongue

Screenshots:
The cyclone in question, with quote from an impressed diety.
The pole Link shoosts. Note that the camera is closer to the pole than Link is, and he is not in the shot.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 10:46 AM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

That Link could see the Wind God had nothing to do with his archery. Perception contribute in archery skills, but it does not define. It is an external factor.

The distance between Sylvanas and the beast can easily be compared to the distance between Link and that pole, since Sylvanas was nothing but an barely distinguishable form in the distance, much like that person by the pole.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:08 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

just a question, as i never tried this
does something happen if you accidently hit the kid?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:18 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote