KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Team Link Versus Team Link

Team Link Versus Team Link
Started by: XanatosForever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Shocked Team Link Versus Team Link

The greatest debate the lollovelinkclub has ever faced! Which incarnations of Link are the tops?

This is a three-on-three match with the teams as follows:

Team Big Link (TBL): Twilight Princess Link, Hero of Time Link, LoZ2 Link

Team Small Link (TSL): Majora's Mask Link, Wind Waker Link, A Link to the Past Link

All incarnations have full access to their various skills, abilities, items, and magics.

Things to Note:

* Any one-shot spells or skills will not work against either TBL or TSL, as all Links are considered boss rank characters.

* Hero of Time Link and Majora's Mask Link cannot share feats, despite being part of the same timeline. This is basically Adult Link v Young Link, and only their showings in their respective forms will count.

* No full Triforce.

For fun, if everyone can agree on a team winning, we'll move on to a bonus round!

Bonus Round: Team Link Versus Composite Link

Every incarnation of Link (and I do mean every incarnation) shows up for a massive showdown against The One Link to Rape Them All. Can the Many defeat the One, or will it be proven that Link is his own greatest adversary?

Things to Note

* As before, no Link can be one-shotted.

* Composite Link has access to everything except, for obvious reasons, the complete Triforce, and neither does Team Link.

So, Link lovers and haters, which Link will win the privilege to gloat?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Last edited by XanatosForever on Mar 3rd, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 12:11 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Re: Team Link Versus Team Link

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever

Why?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 01:18 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Xan, this is where I tell you that aLttP Link is 16 stick out tongue

Still. I have no idea who wins. no expression

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Mar 3rd, 2010 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 01:21 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

MM Link + Giant's Mask = GG

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 01:29 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Link wins... oh.

MMLink has better equipment then the rest, the rest of TSL is weaker the TBL. TBL should win.

Composite Link can loose as he's fighting so many Links that know exactly what he's going to do. He wont be able to do much against the Links.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 02:29 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Link wins... oh.
I always like seeing these words. cool

quote:
MMLink has better equipment then the rest, the rest of TSL is weaker the TBL. TBL should win.
I'd actually say aLttP Link has the best equipment, imho.

MM Link has some cool gizmoes, that much is certain. (He has the rape magic arrows, giant's mask, and infinite magic), but I'd still say he loses to his older self, who has the master sword, rape magic arrows, and golden gauntlets.

aLttP Link, while technicly an older Link, (16) is probably best equipped, with the magic cape, and medallions, master sword, titan'smits, ect.

All in all, I'm torn, though.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 02:38 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Ok, I think team 1 wins. I'll argue for Adult HoT.

MM Link will lose to his older self on the simple basis that Adult Link will know exactly what Young Link is going to do before he does it. How can he not know himself?
LttP Link will be the toughest contender by a bit. Hover Boots will nullify the effects of the Quake Medallion and Nayru's Love for Bombos and Ether. Both HoTs have the most useful Spin Attack (magic range, darkening the skies, reflecting beams from Ganondorf, etc). They also has the walking in lava feat, although I don't know what good that will do them here...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 04:31 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Team Small Link wins. ALttP Link shovel beasts Team Big Link.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:49 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

diddy link team win, the big ones dont cut it as for one alttp only needs a lump of silver fired into Ganon to beat him when he has the most powerful artifact in LoZ and WW link is the cutest little toon out of the lot!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:52 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

You've never played any of these games, go away before you make more of an ass of yourself. (If possible.)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:53 PM
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Team two wins thanks to LttP Link. More powerful weapons like the Silver Arrows and the Golden Sword, in addition to items like the invincibility cane and the medallions make it a stomp in his favor.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:54 PM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Silver arrows = light arrows, otherwise I agree aLttP's equipment is the best.

It's still not a stomp in his favour, though, Team one has LoZ/LoZII Link.
OoT Link > his younger self.
LoZ Link = aLttP Link, imho,
And TP Link < WW Link, due to magic arrows of rape.

Looks like a draw, to me.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:56 PM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:56 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Silver can't be light arrows given that Light arrows explode with light energy and silver arrows are an enchanted arrow made of silver. Not to mention the fact that light arrows can only stun a Ganon with the triforce of power but the silver arrows kill Ganon when he has all three of them.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:59 PM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do we know the arrows are enchanted?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 06:00 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

You are neglecting the fact that it is the bow that is upgraded in the Fairy Fountain.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 06:01 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Hey, you know what I haven't seen since 1992? A silver arrow.

Know what I haven't seen since 1988? A magic sword.. Or a cross!

You realise ofcourse that the silver arrows were based on the Christian themes in early Zelda, right? The've long since been retconned.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 06:04 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I should point out that ALttP Link lacks the Triforce of Courage. Even though he's my favorite, that is a serious disadvantage when it comes to combating other Links that do.

I'd have to say that TP Link and WW Link could be pretty even in terms of swordsmanship.

The Links should be able to share items. That benefits ALttP Link's team.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 06:07 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LLLLLink
You are neglecting the fact that it is the bow that is upgraded in the Fairy Fountain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QCUQ1YFmhs

no, he throws the bow in sure but in return the fairy gives him silver arrows. She does not mension anything about his bow getting upgraded?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 06:09 PM
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

The reason you haven't seen them anymore is because all of the games being released now take place before LttP, LoZ and AoL. The fact remains that if light arrows could only stun a weaker Ganon they sure as hell couldn't kill a stronger one. Thus, they simply can't be the same item.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 06:10 PM