KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Lugia vs Mewtwo

Lugia vs Mewtwo
Started by: Kosmic King

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kosmic King

Lugia vs Mewtwo

I seem to notice that Mewtwo and Arceus are the only two Pokemon getting Vs threads about them. They aren't the only Legendary Pokemon! So who'd win in a fight between Lugia and Mewtwo (I think Lugia would win).

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 08:53 PM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Feats wise? Mewtwo has more power feats but I'm thinking Lugia is faster. But, Mewtwo can also teleport so...

Would probably come down to the moves they have. I could go to Bulbapedia and look but I dun feel like it.

I think in game Mewtwo is statistaclly stronger but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:06 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Mewtwo has far better feats.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 05:10 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Lugia is huge compared to mewtwo, and he is psychic. He'll resist mewtwos psychic attacks.

Lugia can smack his head off with one strike of his wings or whirlwind his butt to another continent.

In game, Mewtwo is faster and has better magic attack but the thing is, Lugia has one of the highest defenses in the game. He's impossible to kill in the right hands.

Last edited by TheGoldenSpy on Jan 19th, 2011 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 05:40 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Game stats don't matter. Regardless, Movie Mewtwo has world destroying powers and his favorite move is shadow ball... Lugia is f**ked.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 05:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Lugia has some Defensive feats that nobody came close to replicating until Darkrai, but MewTwo should still get an easy win via a mind wipe. He also has more super effective attacks against his opponent.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:35 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Game stats don't matter. Regardless, Movie Mewtwo has world destroying powers and his favorite move is shadow ball... Lugia is f**ked.

World destroying powers? ALl he did was make a storm (from the first movie). Nothing world destroying.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 12:15 AM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Is Mewtwo fighting a flock of Lugia or just 1 Lugia?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 02:54 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Is Mewtwo fighting a flock of Lugia or just 1 Lugia?

Isn't there only one Lugia? Why not have Lugia fight a group of Mewtwos? Just one.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 09:40 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Kosmic King
Isn't there only one Lugia?

No. There are many Lugias, just as there are many Mews, Phiones, and Shaymins.

If this was 1-on-1, Mewtwo may overpower the Lugia cos of his more destructive nature, as long as he 'Disables' its wings.

According to its Pokedex entries:
"It slumbers at the bottom of a deep trench. If it flaps its wings, it is said to cause a 40-day storm." (Diamond)

"It has an incredible ability to calm raging storms. It is said that Lugia appears when storms start." (Crystal)

Mewtwo's ability to conjure storms (as seen in the anime) is useless since Lugias can calm storms.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 03:43 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Good point. I still go with Mewtwo however as his "battle abilities were raised to the ultimate level".

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 08:35 AM
Kosmic King

No. There are many Lugias, just as there are many Mews, Phiones, and Shaymins.

Really? I didn't know that (or that there are many Mews either, not sure who te other two are). But then again, my knowledge of Pokemon only explands to the Johto series (I've only played Soulsilver when it comes to the games, and even then I haven't finished it yet).

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 09:00 AM
TheGoldenSpy

>> "If it flaps its wings, it is said to cause a 40-day storm."

if he can seriously do that, lol. How has the planet not been destroyed yet?

The guys who wrote that pokedex must have been high off thier minds.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 09:15 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

It suppresses itself by staying underwater and doubt it happens every time it flaps. Mewtwo for the attacks and speed.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 07:28 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

lugia is slightly more badass than Mewtwo do to it being a dragon bird and having insane special attack accuracy.

But Mewtwo ftw.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2011 03:57 AM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
>> "If it flaps its wings, it is said to cause a 40-day storm."

if he can seriously do that, lol. How has the planet not been destroyed yet?

The guys who wrote that pokedex must have been high off thier minds.

The only logical explanation for this is Lugias fly telepathically.
Iirc, the Lugia in the 3rd Pokemans movie could fly without flapping his wings.

The Pokedex is the most accurate source of data for Pokemon. Though some data are metaphorical, like with Legendaries (ex. Arceus creating the universe with "1000 arms").

Old Post Jan 28th, 2011 04:01 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Mewtwo wins.
It always wins.

Can't wait for GameFreak to make MewThree which is > Mega Arceus.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 08:25 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Mewtwo wins in normal form, and even more easily in either mega form.

Yeah, Aeroblast might be effective against Mewtwo X at first due to it being part fighting, but Xtwo fights back with Stone Edge which also has a high critical hit like Aeroblast, so byebye Lugia.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 01:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Mewtwo wins.
It always wins.

Unless it's fighting Mega Charizard X. Then it gets its ass kicked.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2013 07:01 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkmewtwo

Originally posted by Kosmic King
World destroying powers? ALl he did was make a storm (from the first movie). Nothing world destroying.

*that will destroy the world and he did it by waving his hand

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 01:43 AM
darkmewtwo is currently offline Click here to Send darkmewtwo a Private Message Find more posts by darkmewtwo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote