KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Durge versus Jango/Boba

who would win
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Jango and Boba 10 52.63%
Durge 9 47.37%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Durge versus Jango/Boba
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Durge versus Jango/Boba

who would win?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 02:38 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

This is actually kinda' hard, since Durge has that regenerative "power"....

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 02:57 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah, i spent a little longer thinking of this fight, trying to determine who would be a good match and this one came to me. I am still undecided.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 04:02 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I don't know Durge, wherte is he from?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

The REPUBLIC Comic Books, and THE CLONE WARS Animated mini-series.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:09 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

A pic maybe?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

here ya go, the one he is stepping on is Obi-wan

Attachment: durge.jpg
This has been downloaded 129 time(s).

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 11:11 PM
Bardock42

Sweet and the comic is called Republic? When did it take place in the SW universe?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 11:20 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

yeah, they have it in graphic novel volumes now, and the comic series is on-going. It takes place durning the Clone Wars and has many new, awesome characters. If you wanna know more, PM me or go to the Star Wars Republic thread i started here.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 01:38 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I think Durge could take this one, maybe... Input would be nice

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 07:35 PM
The Rover

I finally put this one down-I think Jango &/or Boba would "win" a fight against Durge, merely because of their EU resourcefullness (sp?) and Mandalorian training, etc.
But I think even they couldn't "kill" Durge in a battle.

~SnakeEyes, I'm interested in what you know of the Republic Comic Series.....~

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 02:58 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Interested in what I know? hmmm, i have issues 50 through 71, but i am missing 2 of them. Star Wars Obsession, a comic miniseries is supposed to lead into the events of ROTS, and i have read the first 2 issues that are out so far. Durge has appeared in the second one, and Alpha is supposed to make an appearance. I know quite a bit, so you might need to specify big grin
I have seen about 10 of the Clone Wars episodes on TV, and am considering buying the DVD when it comes out on March 22. Today, i finished reading the boook: Republic Commando.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:53 AM
The Rover

wacko
I see.... stick out tongue
Wow, it's been awhile since I've picked up a real STAR WARS Book....and even longer since I've gone to a Comic Book Store!

Lol, I don't want to have to ask you for a summary. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 04:22 PM
Bardock42

I love the star wars comics, we don'T get all over here though, I am not sure if we got the republic ones.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 04:29 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Durge is supposed to meet his doom soon

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 03:58 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

My avatar comes from Durge...

I'd think it'd be a good match...if I were to make a bet, I'd have to flip a cion.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Anyone wanna write a synopsis?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 02:18 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

BUMP

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 01:41 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I am gonna have to say Durge in the long run, unless Jango and Boba can somehow stall him long enough until they formulate a working plan

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 12:16 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Here is some Durge-alicious info:
The bounty hunter known as Durge had weathered centuries of violence and warfare, emerging as a merciless and nearly unstoppable warrior driven by ancient vendettas. Though he identified himself as a bounty hunter, he held no guild allegiance, answered to no benefactor, and seemed to have no need of riches. He hunted for the pure sport of it, to feed an insatiable bloodlust that spanned literally hundreds of worlds and almost two thousand years.
When completely encased in his battered high impact armor, Durge's true alien heritage was obscured. Though humanoid in appearance, Durge was a Gen'Dai, a rare species with an unusually long lifespan -- some Gen'Dai reportedly have lived for over four thousand years.

The peculiar nervous and circulatory systems of the Gen'Dai makes them extremely resistant to physical injury. The Gen'Dai physiology boasts millions of nerve clusters throughout the body, and a vascular system that distributes blood without the need of a central heart. Lacking the vulnerable vital organs of most humanoids, a Gen'Dai could sustain multiple lacerations and even, it is rumored, complete dismemberment and yet still survive. In addition to these extremes of endurance, the distributed neural network gives the Gen'Dai phenomenal reflexes. Should a Gen'Dai sustain too many injuries, they are capable of entering into extended periods of hibernation, during which they can heal wounds, recover from disease, and slow the aging process.

With such formidable physical abilities, it is fortunate for the galaxy at large that the Gen'Dai are, by nature, not an aggressive species. They are nomadic, and their home world has been lost to the ages. Due to a low birthrate, the Gen'Dai are very rarely encountered, and they usually avoid confrontation if possible. Though the Gen'Dai are physically suited for long life, their minds weaken with age, and the species is susceptible to depression, hysteria, and other forms of psychosis.

The Gen'Dai that would become Durge was born two thousand years before the fall of the Republic, and was regarded by his elders as an exceptional physical specimen at a young age. A predilection for aggression, coupled by witnessing bounty hunters in action, forever steered young Durge into a lifetime of violence. The lure of the blood trade drew Durge away from his tribe and into the rest of the galaxy. For centuries, he studied under the most experienced and dangerous bounty hunters he could find.

About a millennia before the Battle of Naboo, when the galaxy was wracked by warfare waged between the Jedi Knights and Sith Lords, Durge was in the employ of one of the few remaining Sith. In this time, he squared off against many a Jedi, learning their fighting techniques, and developing weaponry and combat tactics to counter their moves. When the Sith were finally wiped out at the Battle of Ruusan, Durge went into hiding to avoid Jedi reprisals. He adopted dozens of different aliases while continuing his career as a hunter, amassing a sizable fortune.

Nine hundred years later, Durge was hired to kill the leader of the Mandalorians. Though he succeeded, the Mandalorians struck back and managed and subdue Durge. Leave it to the Mandalorians to devise a means of restraining a Gen'Dai. They turned Durge's longevity against him, finding ways of inflicting pain throughout his scattered nerves. He was a victim of unspeakable torture, unable to die.

Durge was able to escape the Mandalorians, and retreated to parts unknown to hibernate and recover. It took nearly a century to undo the damage the Mandalorians wrought. Though his physical body had healed, Durge's already dangerous psyche was pushed further past the brink of sanity.

When Durge emerged from his slumber, he sought vengeance on the Mandalorians. He was cheated of his revenge as he learned they were all but extinct. He soon found purpose, though. He had awakened to a galaxy at war, a galaxy where the Jedi Knights led clone soldiers in battle against the automated troops of the Confederacy. The charismatic Count Dooku lured Durge into his ranks, and the ancient bounty hunter relished an ironic twist in his quest for retribution.

The Republic clones were cast from a Mandalorian genetic template. Though the galaxy may be bereft of true Mandalorians, their legacy lived on in the form of clone troopers. Durge would take great satisfaction in being able to kill legions of his sworn enemies.

In becoming Dooku's henchman, the bounty hunter was teamed up with Asajj Ventress, a Dark Jedi and commander within the Separatist military. The two were formidable adversaries for the Republic, and Durge took the lives of many Jedi with great zeal. Alongside Ventress, Durge unleashed a horrible chemical weapon attack on the Gungan colony moon of Ohma-D'un. The Jedi were shocked to discover Durge, a warrior like no other on an increasingly deadly battlefield. Durge and the threat of chemical weaons returned on the Separatist outpost of Queyta.

Durge was also dispatched to bolster the security of Muunilinst, the homeworld of the InterGalactic Banking Clan. He organized and led a droid army of IG lancer droids, creating an elite rapid deployment military force to protect this key world of the Confederacy.

Durge led his droid forces in defense of Muunilinst when a huge Republic taskforce attacked the planet. Durge's army inflicted great damage to the armored vehicles of the Republic army, but Durge was ultimately bested in one-on-one combat with General Obi-Wan Kenobi.

In addition to Durge's frighteningly powerful physical abilities, he was a walking arsenal. He was proficient with ranged weapons like his twin blasters, melee weapons like a spiked flail, and thrown weapons like a set of energized bolas. Durge's heavy armor included wrist darts and forearm-mounted energy shields that let him parry lightsaber attacks for short periods of time. Durge often used an agile rocket pack as well as an extensively modified swoop speeder bike.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 05:38 PM