KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Revan vs. Exar Kun

Darth Revan vs. Exar Kun
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Revan 35 62.50%
Exar Kun 21 37.50%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Revan vs. Exar Kun
Started by: Emperor Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Darth Revan vs. Exar Kun

Who would win in a fight to the death? Both Sith Lords are at the peak of their power.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:18 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I voted Revan, just because of the tactical factor. Although Exar Kun was hella powerful, he was more of a wild card and less of a cool Sith leader, from what I recall.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Thats basically what i was thinking. It would be close, but Revan would win.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

And his background wasn't as extensive in learning as was Revan, who was obssessed with knowledge and learning Sith lore, including fighting techniques.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Exar Kun would surely win. Revan wouldn't even be a Sith if it wasn't for Kun.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 09:40 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That's a rather haphazard logic there.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 05:43 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

yeah, where did he come up with that? Revan became a Sith on Malachor V because it's an ancient planet sized sith storehouse of knowledge. Revan learned everything he could about the tombs, relics, artifacts, etc. and then 2 years later he lost his memories. 1 year after that with relatively little jedi training, Revan was even more powerful than he was during his first reign (right before he killed Malak.) Then in KOTOR 2, the Sith holocron shows Bastila saying that Revan's full memories returned after that, so all of his knowledge of the Sith and Malachor V would be back, greatly enhancing his power. Thats why I think Darth Revan would win.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 04:26 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

And those are very good points. Well said.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 12:41 AM
Julie
The Student

Revan......both would be hurting though

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I agree. Say, where' ya been, Julie? I was not having so much fun all by myself. Us assassin HK models need to stick together, lest we be outgunned by inferior meatbags.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 03:31 AM
Julie
The Student

statement: it is good to be back in service, I had a few ecology teaching meatbags to take care of:-)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Uninformed Observation: Perhaps it would be best if you left instruction up to the master.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 03:53 AM
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

where is the tie option????
joke i think revan would win but very hard,kun is strong like hell

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I agree.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 07:29 PM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Well you'll all probably hate me, but I have to say Exar would win.
I think this because he was an exceptional duelling master.
He also was able to freeze the entire senate with one spell and then resuce his apprentice and kill an extremely powerful jedi master and nobody could do a thing about it.
The jedi order also sent thousands of jedi to kill Exar, they only sent what, 3 made it to the bridge to fight Revan, so say they sent 20. That tells you right there that the jedi considered Exar a bigger threat. This is espically important since it was around 40 years after Exar's rise and the jedi would have been under the public eye and not wanting to appear weak infront of the new sith, but they still only sent a handful of people against the new threat. Like I said above, against Exar they sent thousands.
And Exar did study alot, Vodo-Baas says that Exar is the most powerful student he has ever trained and the most powerful force user of that time, and Vodo was similar to Yoda, he trained lots of jedi over a long period of time, and if Exar was the best, that means something. Now I know that Kreia said Revan was the best she ever trained, but she was not several hundred years old.
Exar also studied alot, he was fasinated by the sith teachings in Vodo's holocron, maybe not as much as Revan, but he was still extremely smart. Exar also learned under the ancient sith, like Freedon Nadd and Marka Ragnos, he would still be very smart. It is also worth noting that the ancient sith said that Exar would be the one to bring about the golden age of the sith and said that he was the Dark Lord of the Sith, over Ulic-Qel Droma. So that's my rebuttle to the 'Revan's far smarter and would thus win arguement'
Exar Kun was also able to destroy the entire massassani race, quite a feat. Sure he did it when he was about to be destroyed, but Revan never did that when the jedi strike force came, maybe becuase he could have won, but maybe because he didn't know how or didn't have the power.
Also, some people seem to think that Revan would win just because he is a tactician, yes it would help him, but Exar was a tactician too, not at the same level as Revan, but it would help to negegate Revan's advantage. With that not as effective, and Exar being just as strong in the force and probably a better dueller, Exar would win. Yes, I do know that he attacked Coursant far too soon, but that was Ulic-Qel Droma's problem, he disobeyed orders, Exar was forced to rescue him and reveal himself sooner than he wanted too.
Talking about Ulic, he was a powerful jedi and dueller in his own right, but Exar was his almost unquestioned master and the ancient sith said that Kun would be the dark lord, not Ulic, this means that Kun is stronger than Ulic was.
He was also able to hide as a sith in the middle of the jedi stronghold (Ossus) and recruit jedi to become sith, without the jedi even knowing what he was doing, that's got to take some pretty impreesive power. He decived the best jedi in the order, took sith stuff and recruited new allies from the midst of the jedi ranks, lied to the jedi masters, and they couldn't even tell it was going on!
Also, he invented his own lightsaber, Exar was the person who invented the double blade lightsaber. He would then designed his own, unique, style of combat, something Revan would hardly have seen, giving Kun another advantage.
He is also an amazing dueller, after he decided to try against Vodo (a lightsaber master), Vodo died in around 10 seconds, before that Kun was just toying with him. Toying with him! In the middle of the senate chamber on the same planet as the jedi temple, he could still toy with one of the best duellers in the jedi order and win hands down.
Most important, Exar killed Freedon Nadd and in KotOR II, Nadd is described by someone, can't remember who, as being far more powerful than Revan and Malak, so that does it for me, Exar would win. Though it would be an awesome fight.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Hm. Alright. I hate you.

No, really. I'm kidding. But some good points. I don't know as much about Exar as I'd like. BUt let me see if I can refute any of your points, because otherwise what purpose would my post serve, hm?

It is doubtful the Jedi Order would have been able to field thousands to attack Revan, for many reasons... First, the Jedi Order was weaken by the war with Kun, which was still fresh in many minds. Second, the Republic was waging a war with Revan on many fronts. Being a tactical genius, Revan was probably able to keep the majority of Republic forces and Jedi at bay. The couple that slipped through were probably a small unit with a special task. I'm curious as to whether Revan let Bastila get that close to capture her or not, since it seems ludicrous that he would let a bunch of Jedi board his flagship and make it all the way to his bridge without taking measures. He was a leader of armies, after all. All things should be taken into account when considering this idea, not just the number of Jedi sent.

Secondly, Exar Kun was an amazing duellist and a sith lord. He learned from many great sources, and I do not doubt his prowess. But remember that he was an impatient learner who was lured by the Sith teachings. Unlike Revan, who had soaked up as much Jedi lore as he could before soaking up enormous amounts of Sith lore, Exar Kun was a bit of a rebel. It is possible he did not learn as well as he should of. Dedication is key here. Unless I am mistaken, I think Revan would be much more dedicated in his studies. And he has one major advantage over Exar Kun and his abilities- Revan lived in a post-Kun era. He would be studying everything he could about the late Sith lord. It would be like sending a present day general back to fight Patton or Rommel. There would be the edge of knowledge, both of past events and of the more recent present. An advantage to consider.

As for the title Dark Lord of the Sith, we all know the sith titles are transitionary. Dith teachings are of achieving power and using power, never maintaining power. While Exar Kun's rise to power marked perhaps the peek of Sith power, it could be said, from any point of view, that previous and coming sith lords were as notable... that is, based on current situation. I find it hard to believe that dead Sith lords know the future quite like that, anyways. But back to my point, you can say that Marka Ragnos is the most powerful Sith... but that may only be true at a certain time, or from a certain point of view. Just something to consider...

As for deceiving Jedi, apparently that takes little skill at all, since Palpatine did it, Revan did it, and others have, to some degree or another. It's nice, and it certainly adds to his prestige... but it means little here.

And lastly, I hope I stumble across that quote in KOTOR II tonight, when I visit Korriban and Dxun in game, because I don't quite recall it. Not calling you a liar or anything... I just honestly don't recall it. But then, it wouldn't surprise me. Kreia has stated that current Sith lords are like children compared to the Sith lords of old. And I have a feeling she wasn't refering to Exar Kun. Perhaps more along the lines of Ragnos or Pall.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 05:45 AM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Lol, no I don’t hate you Revan Darkstar. On the contrary, I’m glad you posted for Exar Kun because it’s a boring thread if everyone is for 1 person. The only thing that really ticks me off is people posting with absolutely no reasons and thinking that they are 100% right even if every other person is against it. *cough* jackstain *cough*.
To add to Darth Janus’ post, to have sent thousands of jedi against Revan would have taken every jedi alive. After the war against Exar Kun, the Great Hunt, the Mandalorian War, the countless jedi to be killed by Revan’s forces, and far more to join him, there were very few jedi left. Also, it would be very hard and very foolish to send thousands of jedi onto one ship. Some of Revan’s accomplishments from the game include him taking down the entire Sith Academy, killing many dozens of dark jedi on the Star Forge, killing two Sith Lords, and killing 3 tarentateks. Just one tarentatek killed Duron Qel Droma, Ulic’s cousin. Revan killed Mandalore and the best bounty hunter at the time as well. Also Revan Darkstar said that Vodo was a powerful master which is true, but so was Kreia. She killed 3 jedi masters with one swift use of the Force and Darth Revan is even stronger than her. Lastly, it was a mandalorian that said he heard from somewhere that Freedon was worse than Revan and Malak (upon entering Freedon’s tomb.) That’s hardly proof.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 06:10 AM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

good points, and I now do wonder if Revan did let Bastila reach him on purpose, hmm...
Anyway, I think that you are underestimating Kun's knowledge, he tooks loads of stuff from Ossus, which was later destroyed by him so Revan couldn't have learned anything from it, used sith holocrons and had the private notes of Naga Sadow, another sith who could blow up a sun.
I think that Sadow's notes would be at least equal to Trayus acadamy. Trayus Acadmy was for teaching children, like the jedi temple library, it wouldn't hold the best stuff. Naga Sadow however was the dark lord of the sith, that would be more like the jedi council library, it would hold the best stuff. Even if Kun didn't have the thirst for knowledge the same way Revan did, he had better things to study from. For instance, if you put an 80% average student (ie. Kun) in the same room as Einstein, the Harvard Library etc. for 4 months, and then put 95% (ie. Revan) average student in the town library for 8 months, the 80% student would learn more and become smarter.
And yes it is true that other sith have decived jedi, you have a point with that.
Actually it never says in KotOR II that Exar was stronger than Nadd. However, it does say on Dxun, I'm pretty sure by Mandalore, might be Atton I'm not sure though, the second time you're on Dxun, that Nadd is 100 times stronger than Revan and Malak could ever hope to be.
Now 100 times has got to be exergerating, but the point is Nadd is stronger.
Also Kun did defeat Nadd and learn from him, so thus I say that if Nadd is stronger than Revan and Kun beats Nadd, Kun is stronger than Revan.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 06:26 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

No, I know it was Xarga, a mandalorian that says that he HEARD that Freedon was WORSE (not stronger) than Revan and Malak. Not much evidence. Next, you are seriously underestimating Malachor V. It turned everyone except for two people to the dark side. Revan and the Exile, (who lost his connection to the Force because of it.) Like I said, Malachor V was a planet sized Sith storehouse of knowledge. Revan learned how to kill jedi and how to convert them. Revan knew A LOT of ways to kill jedi which he programmed into HK-47, and he teaches the exile with enough influence. That knowledge alone gives him a big advantage. Next, Revan did search through at least 4 tombs of very powerful Sith Lords, gaining Sith artifacts and even Tulak Hord's holocron. Tulak was one of the greatest duelists ever and he recorded his teachings of this onto that holocron that Revan picked up. We learn all this from Kreia in KOTOR 2. So thus, I say that Revan was probably more powerful.

Last edited by Emperor Revan on Apr 3rd, 2005 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 06:38 AM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

ok Darth Revan33, the Mandalorian quote about Nadd may not be accurate, but Kreia also says that the ancient sith were far stronger than the sith of today, Nadd was an ancient sith, Kun killed him.
And yes, I guess it would be impractical to send 10 000 jedi onto one ship, but should't they have sent more than they did? Well I guess Darth Janus answered that when he said that since Revan was such a genius he would have had most of the jedi engaged. Alright, you have that.
And its true that Revan did all those things in the game (except the 2 sith lords, whose the second, unless are you counting Bandon?) but frankly I don't think it matters much to take out an acadamy, they are only half trained, the only advantage they have is numbers, against skill, they would fall. I think that if Exar Kun invaded the academy, it would have fallen as well.
Also I don't see the connection between since Revan defeated three terenteks, and Ulic's cousin lost to one, Revan is stronger than Exar. Sorry that came out a bit harsh, or it might be that I think it is harsh as I am typing at 2 in the morning, whatever. But still, just because someone is good, doesn't mean that their cousin will be, for all we know, Duron could have been pathetic. If I am the strongest, fastest man in the world, and you are my cousin, does that make you my equal? Nope, you may have potential, but if you don't fufill that potential, it is useless.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 06:38 AM