KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?

Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?

i know that there are a lot of people that THINK (for some reason) that Windu is better the Yoda. I dont really see how...

force abilities, its quite obvious that Yoda is far superior. to argue that is completely stupid.

the question at hand is: is yoda a better swordsman then windu?

i dont think so. it is stated on SW.com that Dooku had beaten Windu in a duel before. now first off Dooku is a former apprentice of Yoda's, secondly its quite obvious that Dooku was gonna lose the fight with Yoda had he stayed and fought. making it logically contradictory for Dooku to be able to beat windu, and yoda able to beat dooku, but yoda not being able to beat windu.

style wise, yoda is far more unconventional, which makes him such a dangerous swordsman. although windu might be damn good, he still uses two hands and fights relatively the same as every other normal sized humanoid. yoda does not. to be able to fight against such a confusing flurry of attack is a near impossible feat (and it shows how damn good dooku really was) not to mention guys Yoda has had 800 years to perfect and train his fighting style, windu has had about 40 years, a big difference.

the ONLY thing that makes any sense at all is that windu still has his youth (in comparison to yoda) as well, windus strikes would tend to be more powerful, just because his style is based more upon powerful strikes then yoda's insane flurry of attacks. other then his youth, yoda is better then windu.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 05:13 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aj_vader

i completely agree with ya dude, but the real question is would that ever happen? well ofcourse not

and instead of just saying that to people just say, who are the only jedi left after revenge of the sith

come on its a no brainer that yoda is betta than windu, also if you watch the bonus disc on attack of the clones dvd various people do say that windu is second only to yoda, so its now proven

Yoda Is Betta Than Windu

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 05:25 PM
Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_KnightAlly
Jedi Knight

Hmmmm, I personally think yoda is better. I don't see how ppl can argue against that, but i suppose thats what this thread is for, for ppl to argue against it lol.

Mind u, ppl do say silly things, one of the first rumours i heard about ep 3 was that padme was a sith. erm

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Jedi_KnightAlly a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_KnightAlly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aj_vader

lol ye i heard that one to, also stupid rumours like darth maul was the clones in episode II, silly speculations

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 05:28 PM
Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

We will all just have to wait till Episode 3 to see Mace's try fighting style againts Sidious

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 05:34 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i started this thread cause of the "mace vs. Palps" thread where it seemd that A LOT of people thought windu was better then Yoda

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 05:36 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi_KnightAlly
Jedi Knight

yeah, i heard the clone rumour too. I've just read the "mace v palps" thread, didn't know mace had such a following. Ah well, lets put it this way, yoda survived a fight against palpatine, mace didn't lol.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Jedi_KnightAlly a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_KnightAlly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

yeah maybe beoc Mace got 1 of his hands chopped of my a Jedi?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:02 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

ahhh, and it starts, welcome Mace fans...lol

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:21 PM
mtryder

In a lightsaber duel, Mace would defeat Yoda. For the person who said Yoda had an advantage through his distinct style, remember the Windu was the only living master of his saber form.

Was Yoda the stronger Jedi? Yes. Was he wiser? Yes. Was he more powerful in the Force? Definitely. Would Windu defeat him in a straight up duel? Of course.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:22 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_Matt84

in AOTC ob1 said that if anakin paid more attention to lightsaber training he would 'rival master yoda as a swordsman'. Surely this implies yoda is the best of the jedi including mace.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:25 PM
Click here to Send darth_Matt84 a Private Message Find more posts by darth_Matt84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

thats what i'm saying, but there are people who say otherwiese. just wait, they'll all be here eventually, unless...i dunno, there were lots in the "windu vs palps" thread tho...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:29 PM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Anakin, "...as wise as master yoda and as powerful as master windu..."

Yoda is all around better, but i think in just straight up lightsaber fighting, Mace has the edge. Im not a Mace fan boy by stretch of the imagination, but i just think Mace is a better swordsman. But theres no way possible for Mace to win in a duel of the force and sabers.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

see i disagree with that, I dont think that Mace is better in just a sword fight then yoda is....

mace is powerful, but...nm, my argument was made in my original post, i dont want to type it all out again...lol

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:49 PM
Darth Blender

Re: Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
i know that there are a lot of people that THINK (for some reason) that Windu is better the Yoda. I dont really see how...

force abilities, its quite obvious that Yoda is far superior. to argue that is completely stupid.

the question at hand is: is yoda a better swordsman then windu?

i dont think so. it is stated on SW.com that Dooku had beaten Windu in a duel before. now first off Dooku is a former apprentice of Yoda's, secondly its quite obvious that Dooku was gonna lose the fight with Yoda had he stayed and fought. making it logically contradictory for Dooku to be able to beat windu, and yoda able to beat dooku, but yoda not being able to beat windu.

style wise, yoda is far more unconventional, which makes him such a dangerous swordsman. although windu might be damn good, he still uses two hands and fights relatively the same as every other normal sized humanoid. yoda does not. to be able to fight against such a confusing flurry of attack is a near impossible feat (and it shows how damn good dooku really was) not to mention guys Yoda has had 800 years to perfect and train his fighting style, windu has had about 40 years, a big difference.

the ONLY thing that makes any sense at all is that windu still has his youth (in comparison to yoda) as well, windus strikes would tend to be more powerful, just because his style is based more upon powerful strikes then yoda's insane flurry of attacks. other then his youth, yoda is better then windu.

Anakin has beaten Dooku with no real efford. He not just defeated him he even vulgarized him.
And on the other hand who said that Dooku really lost against Yoda? Maybe he just couldnīt win? He distracted Yoda and fled. Have you ever considered the possibility that Mace is with "the second badest person in the galaxy" he meant Anakin? wink
Just a thought!

By the way Mace was the youngest person ever became a member of the Council. In 25.000 years. Just wanna add it. smile
Donīt wanna argue with you I like your thoughts man! eek!

Last edited by Darth Blender on Apr 20th, 2005 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Blender a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Blender Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

good point.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thejeditraitor
An Original

yoda could only be beaten by anakin.

but anakin is not skilled enough as of rots.

CHECK OUT MY SITE! for all your star wars ep 3 pics and more!
http://home.att.net/~jcshetler/index.html

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:00 PM
Click here to Send thejeditraitor a Private Message Find more posts by thejeditraitor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

no, its definitly not anakin

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:01 PM
Darth Blender

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
no, its definitly not anakin

I know in some way and I know this interview with Sam Jackson too. And I contemplained a long time over it and I coudnīt find out for sure who he meant. I still thinking about it. Thatīs one point I like this discussion! But give me please a feedback to the other points. I also answered to you at my Mace vs Palps thread. smile

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Blender a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Blender Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Ultimately, Obi-Wan beats Anakin NOT because of greater use of the force OR better swordmanship, but rather due to his greater amount of experience as a Jedi.......and what Jedi (alive at the time of Ep.3) has more experience than Yoda???

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote