KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » My newest battle

My newest battle
Started by: Darth_Nefarus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

My newest battle

The votes are in and the people have spoken. For this scenario, assume that Maul left Obi-Wan for dead (I know it wouldn't happen) and the combatants are in the warehouse district that Sidious greet Dooku in at the end of Episode 2.

"Count Dooku," a dry voice called from the shadows. "I'm so glad you could meet me here."

Count Dooku studied the emerging figure from the shadows. It was a man, that much he could see from the face hidden by the hood. He was shorter than Dooku, and he sounded roughly the same age, but something was very off about this man.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Dooku asked.

"I understand that you have resigned from your duties as a Jedi Knight," the voice croaked.

"Yes, but how did..." Dooku began to say before he was cut off.

"I know because it is my business to know. That is what a Sith does."

"A Sith?" Dooku asked. He had read about them in the archives when he was a teenager. "How is it possible that you are a Sith and the Jedi are unaware of your presence?"

"The Jedi are blinded by the corruption of their bickering senate," the hooded one said. "They foolishly serve a body of fools who want nothing more than to fulfill their own desires. You know this."

Dooku did know it. In fact, it was one of the contributing reasons as to why he left the Jedi order. The Jedi had a profound knowledge and power, that wasted away at the demands of lesser beings that could only argue, never actually solve anything.

"I admit that the senate is weak, and change is in order, but what do you propose?" Dooku asked, still attempting to see under the hood.

"Join me. Together, we will create an army so grand the republic will have no choice but to bow to our demands and we will gain control over the galaxy. It will all be ours."

"The Jedi would never allow such a thing," Dooku said.

"The Jedi do not have the power to stop a Sith Lord, if they did, would your former apprentice not still be alive?"

Dooku was struck very personally by those words. He and Qui-Gonn were very close, almost as close as family. The death of his former apprentice was one of the final straws in his decision to leave the order. Had the Jedi been more outspoken, and adhered to their own philosphies, Qui-Gonn may have lived.

"Were you the one who killed Qui-Gonn?" Dooku asked, as his fingers were anxiously waiting to grab his lightsaber.

"No. I am Darth Sidious, Darth Maul was responsible for that. He is useful, but not for what I have in mind. You, you on the other hand are wealthy, powerful, wise, and your exploits as a negotiator are well documented. Star systems would be most eager to serve under a man like you."

"Tell me then, where is this Darth Maul?" Dooku asked, as the anxiety increased.

"He will be here any moment, eager to tell me of the Jedi he killed I am sure. The Jedi order is failing Count, and you know this. As long as they use the force to serve a senate that doesn't even care for them, they will eventually be destroyed. Join me, and I will show you things the Jedi could only dream of. Powers far beyond those of all the Jedi you knew, even Master Yoda."

Dooku was skeptical, at first. Master Yoda, over 800 years old. The wisest Jedi he had ever known, yet with all his power he was still foolish enough to serve the corrupt senate. Yes, this offer might be what was for the good of all in the galaxy.

"What must I do?" Dooku asked as the alluring power of the darkside began to sink into him.

"There can only be two Sith at a time. You must face Darth Maul, and take his place at my side. But don't do it for me, do it for yourself. You know you want revenge for Qui-Gonn's death, and you know that the Jedi would never allow an act of vengeance to occur. Would they?"

Dooku shook his head, "No, you're right. Tell me more of these powers and how I can acquire them."

"First things first. You must kill Darth Maul. Focus your rage, and your need for revenge, then take it. Only with the darkside of the force will you attain the power necessary to defeat him, and rule the galaxy with me."

"Very well, I will kill Darth Maul," Dooku said.

Darth Sidious smiled. he could feel the darkside enveloping the Count. He could feel the anger at the Jedi and the hatred for losing Qui-Gonn. The smile grew wider as he felt more of the darkside, but from a different source.

Darth Maul had returned.

"He is here," Sidious said. "Waste no time and show no mercy, for he showed none when he killed Qui-Gonn, I assure you."

Darth Maul came into the room with his hood over his face. He could feel the awesome power from his master, but at the same time, another source of power was nearby. He rushed into the main hangar where his master was standing with... a Jedi?

"Master," Darth Maul said, rushing forward and dropping to a knee at his master's side. "I bring good news, I..." he was forced to stop as he rolled to the side to dodge the blue blade that nearly split him in half.

"Darth Maul, I hereby relinquish you from your position as a Sith Lord," Dooku said confidantly, saluting his opponent with his saber.

Maul looked to Sidious' evil grin with pure hatred. "So, he's trying to replace me," Maul thought. "Then I shall have to kill him when I am finished with this Jedi," the word almost burned his insides when he thought about it.

Maul readied his saber and came forward, swinging with all of his might at the old Jedi's head. Quicker than Maul expected, came a parry from the right hand, only the right hand. Maul began to notice as they traded blows that this Jedi was far superior to the ones he had met earlier. He was poised, controlled, and would not make mistakes.

Dooku was noting the way Maul moved as well. It reminded him of his sparring sessions with Master Windu. Though Windu was an intense fighter, this Darth Maul seemed to be more so. But then again, he was of the darkside.

Dooku parried Maul's blade to the side and struck him with a left hook. Maul went with the hook and spun his leg around, kicking Dooku in the chest. Dooku had not been struck in combat in some time, which sent him into further rage. Calling upon all of his hatred Dooku shot a hand forward and sent Maul flying backward across the room.

Maul landed hard on his back, but rolled backward to his feet again. He glanced over to Sidious, who was still grinning maliciously.

"Is that the best you can do?" Sidious' voice spoke to Maul. "You are a Sith, he is a Jedi, I shouldn't have to council you!" the voice roared.

Maul pictured that Dooku was Sidious and came forward with a renewed fury. He blocked a downward swing, and sent another kick into the Count's chest, but Dooku was ready for it, and dodged to the side. Maul blocked upward again, only this time he flipped backward, kicking the Count square in the face, knocking him backward.

Maul smiled as Dooku's eyes pierced into his. Maul came forward and began forcing Dooku on the retreat, using all of his dark powers in his attacks. Dooku parried continuously, keeping his feet balanced, and noting Maul's cockiness.

"So sure of victory are you," Dooku said, parrying a swing aside with ease.

"You're not the first Jedi I killed today," Maul replied with delight.

Now there was no turning back for Dooku. His hate along with his classical combat style were completely controlling him. Maul's intensity would increase every time Dooku parried a swing. Maul was becoming frustrated, and Dooku knew this.

Dooku stored the hatred inside him for the perfect moment, as Maul's saber relentlessly clashed into his own. Finally the moment came as Dooku parried to the right, then unleashed all of his fury.

Dooku moved faster than Maul could believe, parrying another swing, then using both hands to wind the saber behind him, then bring it crashing down into Maul's left hand.

Maul dropped to the ground as the pain surged through him, his saber falling to the side. Dooku stood above him, fully entrenched by the dark energies that were now taking control of him.

"DO IT," Sidious said eagerly. "FINISH HIM AND YOUR REVENGE WILL BE COMPLETE."

Maul's ignored the pain and called his lightsaber to his right hand with the force, hoping for one final stand. The saber never made it to him.

Dooku, swung down to the left, severing both Maul's hand and the saber that was flying toward it. Maul dropped further to the ground, cupping his newest wounded hand and watched in horror as Dooku brought his saber down without remorse into Maul's chest.

"For Qui-Gonn," Dooku told himself as he not only stabbed into Maul, but worked the blade around in Maul's insides, making sure it was over.

Dooku was breathing heavily as Sidious came forward, clapping in delight. Dooku deactivated his lightsaber and bowed his head in respect. He was now a tool of the darkside.

"Kneel Count Dooku," Sidious said, then using his hand to almost lift Dooku himself, he said, "Rise, Darth Tyrannus."

Dooku stood and bowed again, completely fulfilled by the darkside in a way he never thought possible. Visions of conquering the republic and destroying the senate and the Jedi ran wildly through his head. Then, he saw himself standing over Sidious himself, and becoming the master, and he couldn't have been happier.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

Another great one Nefarus, you have talent...

For Fritos.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brilliant writing.

Of course i dont like the outcome, and i think he would put up more of a fight, and i think he would never fall to the gorund in pain, he would have like headbutt him for a last blow.......but it is very good. LoL

You know me, im always a critic....i loved it, and it is probably how it would really go.

great job! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Great story...

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:20 AM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yeah good job! You should ask the fans for what battle they wanna see next...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:39 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Great job, but i thought Dooku left the Jedi long before that.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

According to Episode 2 he left the order ten years ago.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Jack, I was wondering what you would say, being as how you're a big Maul fan and all. I suppose he might have gone down a little better, but losing your hand would stun you at least.

Thanks for the criticism, it just makes me wish to perfect my storytelling

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:00 AM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

no problem, i thought it was an amazing story.

you get 4 and a half ALF's

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

*tears*
I want to thank God for giving me this award *holds up golden Alf* and the loyal fans of KMC *more tears* this ones for you guys! *holds Alf high in hte air*

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:46 PM
Stealth
Ranger

lol

For Fritos.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

That was really good. You really got into their heads.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 03:26 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote