KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Tyranus vs. Darth Bandon

Darth Tyranus vs. Darth Bandon
Started by: Darth L. Dipsit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Darth Tyranus vs. Darth Bandon

Maybe this is a bad idea - but I haven't seen it done, so I thought I'd take the risk.

Any takers? Is it a fair fight, or is my perception skewed?

Dark Helmet: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthMandalore
Mandalorian Sith Lord

Darth traya, isn't it? trayus was the academy they all trained at, but it would be bandon, but it would be close.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:41 AM
Click here to Send DarthMandalore a Private Message Find more posts by DarthMandalore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abominus

i was about to say tyranus by far, and darthmandalore, it isn't trayus, tyranus is dooku.

but i stopped to think that the only reason why bandon seemed so weak was because he was infact fighting revan! which i have no doubt, dooku would also seem very weak compared to revan as well.

though my pick, from all that is known, i'd say tyranus.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abominus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abominus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthMandalore
Darth traya, isn't it? trayus was the academy they all trained at, but it would be bandon, but it would be close.

Thanks, man. Appreciate the input, however, in this case (perfectly understandable mistake, sir), I'm actually referring to Dooku. However, if you think that Revan's teacher could do it, then perhaps the fight I made was unbalanced.

Anyways, I'm pleased to meet you and thank you for posting. It's an honor.

Also, thanks, Abominus.

Any other takers?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth tyrant
i love funbags

who is darth bandon

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send darth tyrant a Private Message Find more posts by darth tyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abominus

darth bandon was malak's apprentice in KOTOR, revan later kills him.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abominus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abominus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Here, see this site:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthbandon/

If you want any more information I'd be happy to post it, sir.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:47 AM
Serra_Keto
...Silvertsume's Lover...

I beat Darth Bandon earlier today in KOTOR.

*~Mhm That's Right, Uh Huh Uh Huh~*

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Serra_Keto a Private Message Find more posts by Serra_Keto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobafetty
Pimp of Evil

cool

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Bobafetty a Private Message Find more posts by Bobafetty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Serra_Keto
...Silvertsume's Lover...

Took me about 20-26 tries. Happy Dance

*~Mhm That's Right, Uh Huh Uh Huh~*

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Serra_Keto a Private Message Find more posts by Serra_Keto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobafetty
Pimp of Evil

lol

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Bobafetty a Private Message Find more posts by Bobafetty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I don't know, on the one hand you have Dooku incredibly powerful... Skilled but foolish enough to let himself get killed, but he is one hell of an apprentice to have.

Then you have Bandon apprentice of a Dark Lord more powerful then the one of Dooku that defeated a lot of Jedi and never got killed except for the time when he fought Revan, something that almost nobody could walk away from.

I don't know who will so heads will be Dooku, coin will be Bandon

*flips*

Bandon wins stick out tongue

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, im sorry guys but i think bandon is around maul's level in force power and skills. tyrannus would take him easily, IMO. i do agree that malak caould take sidious, but then again thats not the thread here, so ill leave it at that

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

i killed bandon with 3 attacks
any ways Tyranus pwn him

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Tyrannus wins easy. Again Bandon didn't have nearly the training Maul or Tyranus had. Sure he started off at the Jedi academy, then went to the Sith academy for a while, but that Sith academy was really weak anyway, then he got less than a year of training by Malak. Plus he's extremely arrogant, like dark ROTS Anakin. So he killed all the Jedi he fought, so did Maul or Dooku until Obi and Anakin respectively but to be fair, Maul defeated Obi and Dooku wasn't allowed to kill Anakin.

As for the Jedi he killed, we have no idea how powerful they were so I'm going to assume it's knights in which that wasn't much of an accomplishment, 3 dark Jedi all killed 3 Jedi on the Star Forge, those Jedi fell like rag dolls. I give Bandon credit, he could hold his own against most masters, but against Maul or Tyranus he's toast imo.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Tyranus...I think...Bandon isn't that strong...i think...i can't really choose.Thanks to Emperor Revan and Fishy!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Your welcome smile

I can't really choose either but let me try to defend Bandon here just for the sake or arguing....

Yeah Emperor you are right a few Dark Jedi took out a few Jedi on the Star Forge and you took out the Dark Jedi after that but keep a few things in mind here.

There was a full out war going most of the Jedi were either dead or had been converted to the dark side. Especially the more powerful one's they were the most important targets for Revan.

Those Dark Jedi you killed later on were all weakened because of an earlier fight.

Bandon was chosen out of thousands because he was seen as a great fighter. He was chosen instead of Jedi Masters, at least one possibly four. (Zal Kal Ejl or whatever from Kotor II on Nar Shaddaa speaks about this, and you see a few empty places on the Council during the movie were the exile is exiled even though those Jedi never fought in the Mandelorian wars)

The only one he ever lost from is Revan, and come who wouldn't? At least at that time, Dooku would have gotten owned too.

He had to have had a lot more experience then Dooku, although Dooku was older and had more training, still whats more important actual combat experience or training?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fishy
There was a full out war going most of the Jedi were either dead or had been converted to the dark side. Especially the more powerful one's they were the most important targets for Revan.

That says it all right there, Bandon couldn't have fought many powerful Jedi because there weren't any to fight. Malak destroyed the Jedi academy from space, so there weren't many powerful Jedi to fight. Now Malak choosing him over Jedi masters? I don't think so, what Jedi masters did he have to choose from? The council wasn't going to be turned by Malak to the dark side.

As for Bandon having more experience than Tyranus? Yeah right, from what? He didn't fight in the Mandalorian wars, he was at the Sith academy until Malak took over and made him his apprentice for less than a year. Malak preferred to blow everything up from space really. Tyranus had 13 years of Sith training compared to Bandon's almost one year (learning from a Sith Lord is far better than learning with many other students under a Dark Jedi at a school). Tyranus was an excellent fighter, even holding Master Yoda off for some time and look at how easily he dispatched Obi. Bandon would get his ass handed to him.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

2.5 years of Sith training and more aggressive Jedi training which focused more on combat, but like I already said Dooku had far more training then Bandon, a hell of a lot more. Still Bandon probably fought more opponents.

And yeah a lot of the powerful one's were dead a few remained Bandon might have killed a few we don't know, but not the point. The fact is however if all the powerful one's were turned or at least the most powerful one's then Bandon was still more powerful then them because he was the apprentice and higher in Rank then them. They wouldn't allow that if he was weak.

About him being chosen above Masters, yeah he was. The Disciple talks about Masters following Revan, and at least one of them (the one he actively talks about) survived until after Revan returned. So Bandon was chosen over somebody that was on the Jedi Council. Seeing as there was more then just one empty seat on the council during the Exile movie which took place right after Malachor it stands to reason that more Council members would have joined Revan. And a few of them probably survived, although we can not be sure about that. If they did however Bandon was chosen over several Council members, but at the very least one.

Bandon isn't as weak as most people make him out to be. On the other hand you have Dooku who managed to hold on against Yoda, and was incredibly powerful. I'm not saying Bandon would win this, but its not as clear as some people say. I'm just arguing for Bandon for the sake of doing it, and because I haven't reached a conclusion on my own yet.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 05:04 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Fair enough. Bandon's good, yes, probably better than most think but imo he's the weakest Sith Lord by far.

I figured the empty seats were there because Council members died in the Mandalorian war, this was before Revan even took over. An off topic reason is that Wikipedia and Malak say that Bastila is more powerful than Bandon, stronger not just more useful. I'm adding this in there because I remembered you not giving Bastila much credit.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 05:13 PM