KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » About Darth Sidious vs Mace

About Darth Sidious vs Mace
Started by: Nitros14

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nitros14

About Darth Sidious vs Mace

Everyone says Sidious got easily beat, but don't you think he would fake losing so that Anakin would have to help kill Mace and give in completely to the Dark Side? Don't you think Sidious planned the whole thing? That's what it says in the book Revenge of the Sith anyway :P.

Last edited by Nitros14 on Jun 19th, 2005 at 07:41 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 07:38 AM
Click here to Send Nitros14 a Private Message Find more posts by Nitros14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mako Victim
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mace owned that old man's ass..

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 08:30 AM
Click here to Send Mako Victim a Private Message Find more posts by Mako Victim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Darth Sidious planned the entire thing...the book said it. If Sidious could take Yoda, well we should know for sure he could take Mace (duh)

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Remind me again, when did he take Yoda?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abominus

yah when did sidious take yoda?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abominus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abominus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Wait a minute...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

196 INT. CORRIDOR-SENATE ARENA-CHANCELLOR'S HOLDING OFFICE-NIGHT

YODA enters, using the Force to throw two RED GUARDS against the wall, knocking them unconscious. DARTH SIDIOUS turns his chair toward YODA. MAS AMEDDA stands behind SIDIOUS's desk.

YODA: I hear a new apprentice, you have. Emperor, or should I call you Darth Sidious.

DARTH SlDIOUS: Master Yoda, you survived.

YODA: Surprised?

DARTH SlDIOUS: Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda. Now you will experience the full power of the dark side.

The Dark Lord raises his arms, and LIGHTNING BOLTS shoot out, surrounding YODA.
YODA is picked up and thrown across the room, hitting the wall and sliding down in a crumpled heap. DARTH SIDIOUS chuckles.
199 INT. CORRIDOR-SENATE ARENA-CHANCELLOR'S HOLDING OFFICE-NIGHT

MAS AMEDDA leaves the room. PALPATINE approaches a stunned YODA.

DARTH SlDIOUS: I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend. At last, the Jedi are no more.

YODA: Not if anything I have to say about it, Lord Sidious.

YODA uses the Force to throw DARTH SIDIOUS back, knocking him clear over his desk and onto the floor in a heap.

YODA: (continuing) At an end your rule is and not short enough it was, I must say.

DARTH SIDIOUS flies through the air, cape flapping, heading toward the exit. At the last second, YODA flies into the exit and stops the Dark Lord.

YODA: (continuing) If so powerful you are, why leave??

YODA ignites his lightsaber.

DARTH SlDIOUS: You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us.

DARTH SIDIOUS ignites his lightsaber.

YODA: Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be, as is your faith in the dark side of the Force.

Their swords CLASH. The battle is extremely fast and furious.
201 INT. CORUSCANT-SENATE CHAMBER-MAIN ARENA-NIGHT

PALPATINE seeks refuge in the vast Senate Chamber. He gets into the Chancellor's Podium and it starts to rise up into the Arena. YODA makes a giant leap into the control pod. The sword fighting is intense in the confined space.
203 INT. CORUSCANT-SENATE CHAMRER-MAIN ARENA-NIGHT

YODA unleashes a ferocious assault on PALPATINE, causing him to almost go over the edge. The Dark Lord drops his lightsaber but recovers with a BLAST OF ENERGY from his hands that surrounds YODA. YODA is deflecting the Sith Lord's lightning bolts.

The energy bolts begin to arc back on the Emperor. It looks as if the Dark Lord is doomed.

YODA: Destroy you I will, just as Master Kenobi, your apprentice will destroy.

YODA jumps to a lower Senate Pod. PALPATINE reaches out with one hand, and a Senate pod is released from its mooring and heads toward the Podium. PALPATINE uses the Force to hurl pod after pod at YODA, who ducks and jumps from one flying pod to another.

YODA leaps away from the pods. He uses the Force to hold one pod suspended in the air. The pod spins and YODA throws it back at PALPATINE, who leaps away at the last moment.

YODA leaps after him, but PALPATINE quickly turns and aims the full force of his energy bolts at the tiny green Jedi, catching him in mid-air and throwing him back hard against the Podium. The force causes YODA to drop his lightsaber. YODA blocks the lightning and throws PALPATINE backwards off the podium. YODA is knocked off the Podium and falls several hundred feet to the base of the Podium. PALPATINE follows in his pod, searching for YODA.

He clearly beat Yoda in Revenge of the Sith...This is from the script.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 12:52 AM
Darth Abominus

no he didn't. yoda clearly had the upper hand but just had lousy luck in losing his light sabre and falling from such a height, thus failing in his task in killing sidious.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abominus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abominus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

^Sorry Plagues but I too feel that Yoda won... But since he fell from that height most people think Sidious won... Now if the area they fought was flat, well that would truly show who the victor would be...

For Fritos.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok all you yoda humpers out there.......step out of the denial-mobile, and listen up.....

besides the book clearly stating yoda got owned. And even yoda himself admits it......sidious clearly wins the game of catch witht he pods, throwing numerous at a time, and floating on one while cackaling like a drunken idiot.(btw, yoda catches one, and he nearly has a stroke doing so).....he owns him via-lightning more than once. he is equal if not better with a saber. he DOES let mace win, if u read the book it SAYS it.
and yes, yoda does have the upper hand ONCE in the fight where he *****-slaps sids via force....but thats ONcE, and afterwards, runs away, then says....and i quote...."Into exile i must go, FAILED i have".......and dont give me the old "eh, he failed getting the senate....he failed this, he failed that........point is....he F*ckin failed! and is man enuff to admit it...........

its also vital to the story that yoda lose to sids, becuz its the whole point of the friggin movie! refer to the title....REVENGE OF THE SITH......not REVENGE OF THE YODA.......

in conclusion......i love yoda as much as the next guy, and he does give sids a good ass whippin'.....and yes, sids does try and run away, probly cuz he didnt wanna fight.....maybe even was scared, or doubting his own skill.......but the fact of the matter is this......no matter why he wanted to leave, he stayed, and won. so get over it.....im sick of this crap.

and therefore, i leave you with only this.......

Attachment: alf022.jpg
This has been downloaded 113 time(s).

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I wouldn't say either of them were owned, but you're right, Yoda lost. After he took that spill off the senate pod, he ran away because he knew he couldn't take him.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
ok all you yoda humpers out there.......step out of the denial-mobile, and listen up.....

besides the book clearly stating yoda got owned. And even yoda himself admits it......sidious clearly wins the game of catch witht he pods, throwing numerous at a time, and floating on one while cackaling like a drunken idiot.(btw, yoda catches one, and he nearly has a stroke doing so).....he owns him via-lightning more than once. he is equal if not better with a saber. he DOES let mace win, if u read the book it SAYS it.
and yes, yoda does have the upper hand ONCE in the fight where he *****-slaps sids via force....but thats ONcE, and afterwards, runs away, then says....and i quote...."Into exile i must go, FAILED i have".......and dont give me the old "eh, he failed getting the senate....he failed this, he failed that........point is....he F*ckin failed! and is man enuff to admit it...........

its also vital to the story that yoda lose to sids, becuz its the whole point of the friggin movie! refer to the title....REVENGE OF THE SITH......not REVENGE OF THE YODA.......

in conclusion......i love yoda as much as the next guy, and he does give sids a good ass whippin'.....and yes, sids does try and run away, probly cuz he didnt wanna fight.....maybe even was scared, or doubting his own skill.......but the fact of the matter is this......no matter why he wanted to leave, he stayed, and won. so get over it.....im sick of this crap.

and therefore, i leave you with only this.......

For Fritos.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:04 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol, sorry mantis.....the truth had to be told.

i still love yoda though. dont be sad! Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

I know...

For Fritos.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:06 AM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

everyone agrees with me now though, right?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:08 AM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

word

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
Darth Sidious planned the entire thing...the book said it. If Sidious could take Yoda, well we should know for sure he could take Mace (duh)

Erm..excuse me. Sidious FEARS Mace. That is what the book says. Not that Sidious planned that thing. He could have killed Mace and still pull Anakin over to the dark side...he had already three dead Jedi Masters lying around in his office and Anakin had no other option than joining Sidious to get the knowledge he thought he need to save Padme.

If Sidious would have been able to kill Mace he would have done that. So Mace owned Sidious. And if you suggest that Yoda is better than Mace, Yoda also would have owned Sidious. In a "fair" fight (and Mace vs Sidious was fair until Anakin came in) Yoda and Mace both would kill Sidious. No doubt.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 02:43 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

If Darth Sidious knew he was going to lose to Mace Windu...why stay? Why risk the death of the Sith so early? Darth Sidious knew Mace was coming and he knew he wasn't coming alone. And do you remember what Darth Sidious told Mace. "You think that's my fear you feel?"

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 02:55 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, he was sensing Anakin's fear, nai fohl.......not sidious'

read it again.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:02 PM
Fishy

You guys really are insane

Yeah Yoda lost from Sidious, but losing does not make you weaker... Its just makes the enemy smarter or gives him an advantage, Sidious took it every single time he could. The Roman army soldiers were not stronger then the soldiers in the Germanic army's but the Germans still lost. Same goes for Gaul. Being stronger does not guarantee victory about the Mace thing lets look at some simple facts okay.

- Yoda VS dooku, a very important fight because Yoda even though clearly superior to Dooku needed to use his lightsaber to win the fight. After Yoda lost his lightsaber he could hardly continue the fight. He failed but he was not really beaten.

- Obi Wan who was a lot weaker then Dooku blocked Dooku his lighting with his lightsaber. Sidious is more powerful then Dooku and Mace is sure as hell more powerful then Obi Wan is in AOTC. So it stands to reason that if a weak person who gets owned even when he's a lot stronger can do it against a strong opponent. Then somebody who is a lot stronger then Obi can do it against somebody who isn't that much more powerful then Dooku.

- Mace had the advantage even before Anakin came in, yeah sure Sidious could have planned it but that gives no reason for him to lose before Anakin comes in because Mace could have killed him already.

- Sidious risked everything by counting on Anakin and in the end you saw him begging Anakin to save him.

- Some say that Sidious stands up to fast after he gets shot by lightning could be... But Yoda got up fast after he got hit, Sidious got up fast after being hit again. Anakin got up reasonably fast after he got hit, Luke got up fast when being hit and he sure as hell is weaker then Sidious. In the end that hardly means anything.

- The book never says Sidious lost on purpose, if it did show me a quote and I'll believe you. It shouldn't be so hard, since the book clearly said Sidious was faking it.

- Mace was dominating the lightsaber fight and was clearly superior to Sidious with that, he even kicked Sidious his lightsaber away, and like I said earlier force attacks can be blocked with a lightsaber.

- There were times where Mace could have killed Sidious, a huge failure on Mace his part, but hardly something that speaks for Sidious his case.

Now tell me how was Sids winning?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote