KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Sidious & Yoda vs Darth Revan

ROTS Sidious & Yoda vs Darth Revan
Started by: Darth Somebody

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Somebody

ROTS Sidious & Yoda vs Darth Revan

A duel like no other. I don't recall if this was done before - but if it has - it is time to relive the experience. Since Darth Revan is considered to be a Force God - it is only proper to give him excellent competition.

Before we begin - I expect Fishy and Himokan or someone else to say Sidious will get owned and Yoda is the only threat. Both are threats to Revan on their own, gentlemen. But if the immensely talented warrior Yoda and the powerful Dark Lord of The Sith Sidious fight together (fat chance, but go along with it) against Revan, who would win?

Be sure to give supporting reasons instead of "Revan would own them" or "They would own Revan." Give REASONS. Support.

Thanks. big grin

Last edited by Darth Somebody on Jul 11th, 2005 at 06:10 AM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:07 AM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Much as I hate to say it, Revan would get wasted. Sids would keep on the Force powers while Yoda would do the fighting and pretty much Revan would be overwhelmed.

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:11 AM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

I believe Yoda and Sidious would emerge victorious. Both are skilled with a lightsaber - Yoda even more so. Sidious is greater than Yoda in terms of offensive attack. Both have a powerful mastery of the Force and a firm understanding of lightsaber combat.

Revan is a tactical genius and has trained from the Sith holocron of Tulak Hord. Though it is up to speculation if Revan ever reached the level of Hord - it was not stated.

Revan would be a difficult fight. But with Yoda's amazing moves and Sidious's Force powers - and both of their tactics - I believe they would win.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Thank you, Revan. If it makes you feel any better - I agree. But I don't think he'd get WASTED. He'd put up a good fight. But in the end - he'd be overpowered.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:13 AM
RocasAtoll

He'd be what we call, OWNED.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 12:10 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

In the Yoda vs. Revan thread it took like 650 posts to say that Revan would win, and by a VERY close margin. With Sidious by his side, Yoda would annihilate Revan. He'd put up a pretty good struggle, but in the end, he'd get OWNED.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Like said above both Darth Sidious and Yoda are worthy opponents for Darth Revan to begin with. Adding them together make a powerful Force not even Dark Revan can withstand.

Darth Sidious and Yoda have this one.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

not even close

not even f*cking close

yoda would give revan a battle yes, but sidious? no
sidious was spanked by mace, i dont care what the book says, the movie comes first and it shows sidious being beaten by mace. mace is a good jeedai yes but he would get owned by revan easily. i mean sidious didnt even do that much. he killed three jeedai master in like 5 seconds ZOHMG!!!1111 lets admit it, those jeedai were average at best, so they were masters whoop dee doo, if they were really any good they would have had much larger roles in the movies and EU. sidious doesnt compare to revan at all, or any other ancient sith lord for that matter, he hasnt fought nearly as many jeedai as revan has, revan truly manipulated people to follow him, rather than just saying "execute order 66" and having people do what he wanted. sidious is outclassed by far in this battle.

yoda ill admit is a bit better than sidious and perhaps could compete with revan, but i think in the end hed be beat. people always seem o think that movie jeedai and sith are on par with ancient jeedai and sith, but thats just wrong. ancient jeedai and sith fought against each other non stop. the movie jeedai and sith havent done so for their whole lives.. the ancient sith/jeedai will usually just outclass the movie ones

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

HV from Revan fanatic to Revan fanatic I still would have to say that Yoda and Sids would take him. Yoda and Sids make a good combo and while I'm sure Revan whould put up a good fight they would overwhelm him.

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I had a whole argument typed up about how Revan could possibly win, and illustrating Sidious' numerous faults, along with other argument points. But I hit a wrong damn button and it poofed. And since I'm at work and I type posts in between phone calls, I am NOT gonna retype it here and now. Let's just suffice to say that Yoda and Sidious aren't the power team they are made out to be.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Umm Yoda is basically equal to force power and better in lightsaber combat then Sidious. So Revan would get defeated.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 04:33 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I think it depends on where they fight. If it's a large area then I think Revan could split the two up and defeat them. Sidious didn't last long against Mace and he would last even less time against Revan and he wouldn't hesitate one second to kill him. Yoda probably wouldn't be too hard for Revan to split up either, Sidious lightning blast caught him off guard and threw him across the room, and Sidious close range Force blast later on threw him kinda far.

I think Lord Revan has a really good chance to win, but as of now I'd say it's more likely that Yoda and Sidious would win.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That was my originally typed out post, Emperor. Basically, if Revan fought smart, split them up, fought dirty, and kept out of direct melee with both, he could very well win. Seeing as Sidious isn't a heavy with saber combat and prefers to fight at an advatage, from a distance, this is easily achieved. The tough one is Yoda, who is in your face and wise to boot.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

It would be very hard to take out Sidious when Yoda is jumping all around you. Revan would have the chance to take him out, but I very much doubt he would pull it off. In the end he would die.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Yeah but Sidious would use the terrian to his edge. Yoda is very fast so how long would Revan have? Not to mention Yoda is like the strongest Jedi Master ever.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:30 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

As has been discussed before General, Yoda's speed is something Revan can counter.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I mean how long would Revan have Sidious alone? Not his fighting speed.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:35 PM
Fishy

Not enough I think... If he can kill Sidious Yoda will see an opening and kill him... Revan has very little chance here.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

True. And Yoda knows Force Speed. So Revan would have less time to kill Sidious before fighting the duo again. And would Revan really be able to throw back Yoda? I'm sure Yoda learned his lession with Sidious in ROTS.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:38 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

But initially he was surprised. And Revan's mastery of the dark side, with his access to ancient Sith lore (some directly from the source itself) might make him much more than Yoda is initially prepared for. But I suppose we can say, if t6o placate the masses, the odds are against Revan. It's settled.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:53 PM