KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu vs. Count Dooku in Geonosis Arena

Mace Windu vs. Count Dooku in Geonosis Arena
Started by: JediMusician

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediMusician
Defender of the Nifty

Mace Windu vs. Count Dooku in Geonosis Arena

Battle rages around them, Windu has just killed Fett, who not long ago offed Coleman Trebor.
Before Yoda arrives with the cavalry and Dooku decides its time to go.

Chaos, yet harmony;
Death, yet the Force.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:38 AM
Click here to Send JediMusician a Private Message Find more posts by JediMusician Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Mace is probably tired by now. Dooku wins.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Dooku wins because he has faith!

Attachment: muslim dooku.jpg
This has been downloaded 555 time(s).

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Dooku wins becuz Janus has powerful ways of persuasion.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Dooku wins again.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

Dooku will always win against windu no matter what. Hasn't this been done before only in a differant context?

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 06:24 AM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Takáta

Mace has Vaapad though. This gives him new energy and aggresion and when dooku beat him before he was only 21

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Takáta a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Takáta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Vaapad is not god, as Yoda uses what the general populace thinks of as an "inferior" form (Read: Ataru, the same form that got Qui-Gon killed to a Juyo user) and Yoda could pretty much school Mace in a pitched battle.

I don't think Vaapad is as good for saber-to-saber combat as some people are making it out to be.... I mean, Makashi is, in the definition by Nick Gillard (The bloody creator of the forms) the REFINEMENT of saber-to-saber combat. Meaning? The highest degree. Makashi is better. And since we never see Dooku fight a battle where he gives it his all and fights for real, I'd argue Dooku is the best Sith lord in lightsaber combat in the PT era. He'd destroy Mace and that's the end of it.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

You know Janus that really makes me happy ''Makashi the ultimate refinement" I think i'm getting the vapors.........

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:15 PM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, it is. Why would a practitioner sacrifice the protection against blaster bolts and whatnot to be good at saber-to-saber combat, only to be passed by Juyo/Vaapad, which is, if anything, Niman on crack? And of all the people we see in the PT, Dooku most easily dispatches his opponents and keeps Yoda at bay while Juyo practitioners tend to be -in-your-face and Maul in particular takes a great deal of time to make a kill... (You can chalk this up to arrogance and playing with the two jedi, btu the point is Juyo and Vaapad are more open, kinetic styles that draw on the Force, meaning Force powers are actually a break in the routine. Notice you never see Mace or Maul really utilize the Force while fighting, whereas Dooku chucks stuff like it's his job.)

So yeah, when it comes to saber-tosaber fighting, the list goes like this:

1) Makashi
2)Vaapad (Completed Juyo)
3)Juyo
4)Shien/Djem So
5)Soresu (This is a close tie for fourth, as Soresu can be more tactically sound in lightsaber combat that Shien... However, it doesn't help much if the opponent is Dooku, obviously)
6)Shii-Cho
7)Niman

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:21 PM
Eminence
Boss

I don't think it would be an easy fight at all. Not that you'd be so arrogant as to imply that. . . I still think that the fight could go either way. Oh yeah, and you left out Ataru.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMusician
Defender of the Nifty

Obviously Dooku would win, but I thought there would be a lot more Windu fanboys.
And I searched for this thread before I started it and found nothing similar.

Chaos, yet harmony;
Death, yet the Force.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:40 PM
Click here to Send JediMusician a Private Message Find more posts by JediMusician Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

There have been two of them, the last one taken out for repeated threads. . . the first one was a while ago, before all these bull threads came out. Not yours specifically, just in general. And the first one ended with Mace having 30 votes and Dooku having 10. Fanboys.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:45 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I DID forget Ataru. Hm. Freudian slip there...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:48 PM
Darth Takáta

ok, but i still think mace would win

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Takáta a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Takáta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Why?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:50 PM
Eminence
Boss

I think he has a chance. It hurts me to say this, but yes, Dooku would most likely, if not almost certainly, win.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:51 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It doesn't hurt me. But then, if I had a bias towards anyone in the SW universe, it's Dooku.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:52 PM
Darth Takáta

He is to self proud to loose

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:53 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kam Solusar
He is to self proud to loose

Attachment: idontgetit.jpg
This has been downloaded 143 time(s).

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:54 PM