KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Anakin & Palpatine vs. Malak & Bandon

ROTS Anakin & Palpatine vs. Malak & Bandon
Started by: Dark Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

ROTS Anakin & Palpatine vs. Malak & Bandon

Who wins? On Hoth

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Why Hoth? If they are outdoors, that would seriously handicap all of them (equally, as it is likely to be, which is why I am confused as to the location).

Dark Helmet: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

i do not give a damn where they fight!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Whoa. That was rather uncalled for, and hopefully a misunderstanding on my part. . . .

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark Thor
i do not give a damn where they fight!

My apologies if I have made offense. There is, however, no need to be upset.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wasnt upset. Sometimes i use an exclamation mark for no reason. And i used the italics just to point some things out

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:34 AM
Eminence
Boss

Then what was the point of that statement?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

i meant i didnt care where the battle was

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:44 AM
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

I think he means why you put the location of the battle as Hoth in the first place.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:46 AM
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh. I put it there so when ppl imagine this duel, they can picture the battle occurring in the cold, harsh weather

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:06 AM
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

All right. As to the fight, I'm not sure yet. I've always placed Sidious at about the same level as Malak. Anakin, I think, might actually be a little better than Bandon, though I could be wrong. However, Bandon was Malak's actual apprentice, whereas ROTS Anakin hadn't really been trained by Sidious - he was more turned by him. So I think Malak and Bandon might win, though I could be gravely mistaken.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:22 AM
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im sort of leaning to Malak and Bandon also, but im not entirely sure. We need to wait for Janus to get here

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 04:46 AM
Fishy

Malak is better then Sidious, but could Bandon beat Anakin?

They both have about the same amount of experience, but Bandon faced tougher opponents.

They both had about the same amount of training, but Bandon trained Dark Side and Light Side unlike Anakin who only had Light Side training.

They both turned Dark, but Bandon did it because of a choice, Anakin did it more because he felt it was necessary at that time, because of his emotions.

Malak choose Bandon over hundreds of other possibility's, meaning Bandon had more potential then them and could possibly be stronger.

Sidious took Anakin because Anakin was going to be the best, but he could not have used just anybody he wanted. It was going to be hard to persuade somebody like Yoda or Mace or Obi Wan.

All in all looking at those things I think Bandon is slightly more impressive, But that still doesn't mean all that much to me. I don't know who will win that fight.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 06:30 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Who has Bandon fought that's more impressive than the people Anakin fought? If you mean Revan, and those (possibly encountered) Council members, along with several Jedi, sure. But he died against Revan, who was the best he ever faced. Lets take a look at who Anakin fought:

- Count Dooku
- Assaj Ventress
- Assaj Ventress (again)
- Durge
- Count Dooku (again)
- A Thousand Jedi
- Cin Drallig (counted separately)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

So you see, Anakin's fought and killed some god people, even if he didn't kill them the first time they met. Oh yeash, and you can take of the last three if you don't want to count Dark Side actions but, whatever.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 02:25 PM
Fishy

Still, he never really won from Dooku who is by far the most impressive he ever fought. Yeah sure he killed Dooku but everybody here knows that doesn't really count because Dooku was being an idiot. So who has he actually defeated who has he actually killed that means a lot. Cin Drallig but well he just trained people. The guy himself says he's great but his word alone doesn't mean much to me. He doesn't have much if any real combat experience. He had help with the other Jedi by god knows how many clonetroopers. So then who is most impressive, I honestly can not tell you. I know both were pretty impressive but neither one to the levels of greatness at least for as far as we know.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bandon, IMO, can go on par with Anakin, and i think Palp should beat Malak.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:28 PM
Eminence
Boss

Nah, Palps'll fall. As Fishy and Illustrious said, Sidious nearly lost to a Light-Sider in Yoda. Imagine him fighting a Dark-Sider of power near that of Yoda's.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 03:31 PM
Darth Somebody

This will sound odd. But if Anakin uses his head - he has before - he will be able to overcome Bandon. His raw power is beyond Malak's or even Sidious's - so Bandon won't stand a chance should Anakin use his head. Having said that, he probably won't, so...

As for the Malak and Sidious issue. Malak is under-estimated. But so is Sidious. I believe Sidious has a superior mastery of the Force than Malak. So, if he uses the same tactics he used against Yoda (such as running, gaining the higher ground, and switching the tactics to Force only) Sidious will win.

Otherwise, Malak would. But only barely.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

And Darth Windu, Yoda would own Malak.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Bandon isn't as strong as Anakin for these reasons, (I think). : Mech Vader is said by Lucas to be about 80% as strong as Sidious. Anakin was stronger in ROTS than as Mech Vader, another Lucas point. Therefore, he must be close to Sidious' power which is close to Yoda's. Revan defeated Bandon and then got so much stronger, defeating even Malak twice in a row. If Bandon is stronger than ROTS Anakin, it would put Bandon close to Yoda's level, meaning Malak would be clearly more powerful than Yoda, and Revan would be twice as strong or more than Yoda, neither of which I believe are even close.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote