KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin/Vader(ROTS) vs Jedi Master Kavar

Anakin/Vader(ROTS) vs Jedi Master Kavar
Started by: Veneficus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lucius
Unknown

Question Anakin/Vader(ROTS) vs Jedi Master Kavar

Setting: Dune Sea.

Third Parties: None.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Kavar wipes the floor with him.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Ahh I'm an idiot! I put this in the wrong forum!

Last edited by Lucius on Sep 13th, 2005 at 06:35 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:33 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dimmimar
Kavar wipes the floor with him.

Awsome sig Dimmimar...Janus make it? It looks like his work.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 06:36 AM
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Yep, All hail Janus!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Moved

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
birthoftheforce
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kavar was a legendary jedi master and trained the exile for a while and was a really good teacher. But he used niman and i think that anakin would be able to exploit this possibly. Its hard to say.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 03:24 PM
Click here to Send birthoftheforce a Private Message Find more posts by birthoftheforce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

He taught me Shien!

But anyway, Niman or no Niman, Kavar would still possess a lot of power that Vader didn't have.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 04:20 PM
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by birthoftheforce
Kavar was a legendary jedi master and trained the exile for a while and was a really good teacher. But he used niman and i think that anakin would be able to exploit this possibly. Its hard to say.

The form the Jedi Masters in KotoR 2 teach you depends on the chronological order you visit them. We know that Kavar is using 2 lightsabers at once but we don't know his form and we don't know how good he is in lightsaber combat (we only know that he wasn't able to defeat Malak).

So...well...best thing I can do is guess and my guess would be that Anakin is able to defeat Kavar because of his sheer power and all that fighting experience from the clone wars. But that's only a guess...

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Kavar has experience Nai, more then anybody else in the council according to Zai Kal or whatever his name is, and the council probably has a few people that lived during Exar his time. So that means something

He is also great enough to be seen as the defender of the Republic by the Mandelorians. They would not think he would be without a good reason... I think Kavar can take this he wouldn't be portrayed as great as he is if it had no reason.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Kavar seems pretty capable and level headed. Anakin is pretty strong and skilled, but I can't say he will defeat a jedi master who uses two equal length blades. True, Anakin did beat Assajj, but he didnt kill her and it took some effort on his part and more than a little darkside rage. Kavar, however, is likely wiser and powerful with the Force. He goes through enemy guards pretty easy, too.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I'd have to hand it to Anakin, although it'd by no means be easy.

This seems to come up a lot. While reckless, Anakin isn't the blaring hot-head he used to be. He's a skilled swordsman, easily one of the best the Jedi Order has ever seen, and a very powerful being. Given, he loses control sometimes, but war has made him a man of necessity. He uses the advantage that anger gives him when it is necessary.

And I don't think that the two blades are going to be much better than one. They grant some speed, yes, but look at the RoTS duels. Anakin and Obi-Wan's battle is epic in any measure, not discounting speed. Their weapons were literally a blur. However, the dual-wielding takes away from strength; and against someone like Anakin, who uses power hits, but with speed to put nigh anyone else to shame, it's going to be more of a hindrance than a help.

Also, the Ventress note. Anakin had successfully dueled Ventress to a standstill, and although she was mocking him, the tables had turned after he'd been wounded. If I remember correctly, the Dark Side came into play AFTER he Force-pushed Assaj into the tangle of wires and cables. He had her successfully immobilized and defeated without the Dark Side. I suppose he became aggressive, but that's his way. Not to mention that, after stopping her cold, and even just before he hurled her off the skyscraper, his expression was one of calm, control. He was not by any means insane with emotions at that point.

And the guards? Anakins gone through an entire star cruiser packed with hundreds of droids. Dozens fall to his saber onscreen alone, and he'd vanquished a least that many mere hours, maybe a day or two ago, in the Tythe episode of Labyrinth of Evil.

Anakin's a dangerous swordsman and a powerful fighter. And even I must say that had his arrogance as Darth Vader not taken control of him, he would have bested his old master, and become the most powerful being the galaxy had ever known.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I can hardly debate this...

Kavar is seen as one of the greatest council members in ancient times, and who is said to have more battle experience then anybody.

The Mandelorians thought he would be a worthy challenge and they fought they were going to fight him. The leader of the Jedi Guardians.

Now of course there is no real evidence that Kavar is more powerful then Anakin except for a few quotes, and they proof enough to me but if they don't to you then I can hardly debate this and win.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Realist

Any Jedi that are Pre-Ruusian will always beat anybody Post-Ruusian. Sowrdplay, and saber ability got gradually worse, until the teachings were lost.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Realist a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Realist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think its time to pull some A>B>C logic. Kaver would win. He is close to Malak, but definatly weaker. Kavar vs. Malak is not a toss up, but it is close. Malak is about equal to Dooku, but generally felt better. I am one of those people who thinks Malak is better, even if only slightly. Dooku wasted Obi-wan, who defeated Anakin. Sure, that argument goes on a lot mathish terms, but there isn't much to argue on.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Hmm a few things

Malak wipes the floor with Dooku. Dooku is good but not that good.

Kavar and Malak might be close, or maybe not. Maybe Kavar was lucky to be able to run away maybe he had ten Jedi sacrifise their lives for him. You don't know. All we know is that Malak won and Kavar ran away. This seems to suggest they were close because Kavar could run Malak shouldn't have let him live if he was heavily superior. But still your logic is to filled with assumptions. Its hard to debate for somebody like Kavar. For all we know he is weaker then Anakin and or Dooku or maybe more powerful then those two combined.

Logic IMO says he will win, evidence does not say anything.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:24 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Agreed.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

Bumped upon recent revelations that old KMC>>modern KMC. Please reflect on the wise observations made on this thread before posting.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 07:22 PM
Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by lazybones
Bumped upon recent revelations that old KMC>>modern KMC. Please reflect on the wise observations made on this thread before posting.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by lazybones

Yeah, I honestly never understood the hype for the older KMC people. All the most impressive arguments I've seen are post-2010.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 08:27 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote