KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kyp Durron vs. Cin Drallig

Kyp Durron vs. Cin Drallig
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Kyp Durron vs. Cin Drallig

Well, lets see. Kyp is very powerful. He fought in a war that was just as tough as the Clone Wars. Could he take the Troll?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

i think cin but im not sure

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

All we know is that CIn was a legendary jedi master. ANd that he trained others. Im afraid thats not enough.

Cin was a poor force user, so he is outmatched in that senario.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

cin is a poor force user? where does it say that

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

It's a common brain bug that people who are good with a saber aren't good with the force. It doesn't make any sense. You use the force when using a saber.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Star Wars.com said anakin outmatched him with the force, and he was equal to obi wan....

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Actually he was stronger than Obi-Wan, I don't really know why they we're equally matched when they force pushed each other, could be that he was tired off al the fighting he had done before and probably under-estimated him, anyway, GL himself has said that Anakin was stronger than Obi-Wan. And why would he be weak in the force if he was beaten by Anakin or Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was the third strongest jedi in the council, if Cin is weak not matching that then normal jedi would be pathetic. I'm sorry if this came out the wrong way, I don't mean to offend you I just want to get clear on some posts ok?

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:15 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Anakin had a stronger connection to the force than anyone of the PT era. So a statement saying Anakin "outmatched" someone with the force is too amorphous to be construed directly. Hell, you can say Anakin "outmatched" Dooku in the force, but that doesn't mean he was stronger.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Sure, ok, that explaines the force push. Still as you said Anakin was in better connetion with the force and was on Obi-Wans level in force powers and Obi was the third strongest jedi (probably) in the Council and that was my main point, so that doesent make Cin weak.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:26 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

If I have a higher IQ than you, does it mean I'll do better in Math class? Hardly. There are instances where raw power plays into consideration with refinement and experience, this much was expressed by GL himself.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
Actually he was stronger than Obi-Wan, I don't really know why they we're equally matched when they force pushed each other, could be that he was tired off al the fighting he had done before and probably under-estimated him, anyway, GL himself has said that Anakin was stronger than Obi-Wan. And why would he be weak in the force if he was beaten by Anakin or Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan was the third strongest jedi in the council, if Cin is weak not matching that then normal jedi would be pathetic. I'm sorry if this came out the wrong way, I don't mean to offend you I just want to get clear on some posts ok?

If anakin couldent force push obi wan, then he is not stronger in the force.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:34 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Kyp would own Drallig... Really bad...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:35 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

LOL I changed my mind, I recently said that they we're on the same level with force powers only that Anakin had better connection to the force, not that he would be better than Obi wan for it.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:35 PM
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by kamikz
Sure, ok, that explaines the force push. Still as you said Anakin was in better connetion with the force and was on Obi-Wans level in force powers and Obi was the third strongest jedi (probably) in the Council and that was my main point, so that doesent make Cin weak.

dude, obi wan is far wiser than anakin. Wisdom=Experience.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:36 PM
Admiral Akbar

Oh and knowledge=power.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:36 PM
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Illustrious
If I have a higher IQ than you, does it mean I'll do better in Math class? Hardly. There are instances where raw power plays into consideration with refinement and experience, this much was expressed by GL himself.

Hardly? If Im a complete retard or a satisfactory student, and your IQ is higher than mine, there is a 90% chance you will do better in a math class. Anakin is a average jedi. Or just a little above that. Above average is yoda dooku sids and mace.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:38 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

now that was dumb.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:39 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Why are you even comparing Obi to Anakin anymore, I have never said he could kill Obi with ease, I havent even said he could kill Obi. I have changed my mind just as the post you replied to shows, Anakin just has good raw power. I wasent trying to get in on the Obi vs Annie fight either, I was just trying to make the point that Cin is not weak because he is not as strong as Obi-Wan or Anakin. You we're the one that said Cin was weak in the force, now you say Wisdowm is experience and Knowledge power, well if that's it then how can Cin be weak? As you said he was a legendary jedi master, how can you become a legendary jedi master. Knowledge, power, wisdom.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:44 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Hardly? If Im a complete retard or a satisfactory student, and your IQ is higher than mine, there is a 90% chance you will do better in a math class. Anakin is a average jedi. Or just a little above that. Above average is yoda dooku sids and mace.

Obi-Wan isn't exactly a retard when it comes to the force, now is it? And he has had way more time to train in the force, far wiser. Anakin has a greater connection to the force.

If I'm a total genius but never bother applying myself, and you're an average student who tries his best at math, chances are you may actually do better, considerng mathematics is an applied course.

In the same way as the force. GL has explicitly mentioned that Anakin has an incredible connection to the force and the potential to be perhaps the greatest, but he doesn't have the knowledge and experience Obi-Wan does at that point in time and is not at that level.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:45 PM
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

If Anakin were to kill Obi it would be a hard battle. . .Drallig sucks.

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:53 PM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote