KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » asaaj ventress vs. yarael poof

asaaj ventress vs. yarael poof
Started by: mace=badass

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ermac_Master
Ninja

asaaj ventress vs. yarael poof

idk...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 12:42 AM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I don't either. What has Yarael ever done to show that he can even duck a low doorway?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Well he did save coruscant and die in the process. But still thats nothing special, he was not a hot shot jedi.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 01:51 AM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

The New Essential Guide to Characters has this to say on Poof:

Trigger Spontaneous fires by exciting the molecules in combustible objects
Can contort his body in strange ways because of no spinal cord
Battle meditation

He also is a master illusionist and was a Veteran of the Stark Hyperspace War.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

But could he whup her ass?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

It doesn't say anything about his saber skills. That's great that he could be a master limboer or be Smokey the Bear's worst nightmare, but can he swing that glow stick around?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

No he was a kung fu master. He ran around and TK-o all the driods.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Is that why the droids all made it to AOTC and he didn't?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 03:10 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
No he was a kung fu master. He ran around and TK-o all the driods.

Why do I keep hearing about all these Jedi being Kung Fu masters?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 05:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Curious, because kung fu doesn't exist in Star Wars.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 02:11 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

jujitsu jedi

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 03:19 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That doesn't exist either. Or if it does, it's because of some nimrod EU author, like the guy who made Lando Calrissian make hot chocolate.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 03:39 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

jujitsu jedi is a song www.watermanstudios.com go to the cd section

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 03:58 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Maul was quite the acrobatic, he used a form of martial arts..

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 04:00 PM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

yeah, he used terasi kasi, it blends with lightsaber combat making your lightsaber skills stronger. It also lets you take advantage of your phyiscal strength and provides an advantage in a fight by surprising your opponent with a kick to the head

oh and again, what he used is made up in the SW universe, there is never any mention of judo, tae kwon do, etc. The only martial art that we know of for sure in the SW universe is the terasii kasi, and we don't know who mastered it enough to be effective in a fight

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

The Medstar first book features an individual who practices many fighting styles. That is mentioned, as is "echani" and a few others. I'll double check it later tonight.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 04:53 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

We don't really know how strong Yarael Poof is but we know he's a Jedi Master and a Council Member so he must be pretty strong. I'd assume he'd beat Asajj Ventress from Clone Wars Volume 1, seeing as she lostr to Padawan Anakin, but by the time of Obsession she has beat Kit Fisto, one of the strongest jedi in the order so by that time I'm fairly sure she'd beat Yarael. But like I said, we really don't know how strong he is.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 05:27 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Yarael can cause objects to spontaneously combust, but I unless they are fighitng in gasoline, I don't think that will help much. Asajj wins.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 06:42 PM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
We don't really know how strong Yarael Poof is but we know he's a Jedi Master and a Council Member so he must be pretty strong. I'd assume he'd beat Asajj Ventress from Clone Wars Volume 1, seeing as she lostr to Padawan Anakin, but by the time of Obsession she has beat Kit Fisto, one of the strongest jedi in the order so by that time I'm fairly sure she'd beat Yarael. But like I said, we really don't know how strong he is.

I wouldn't place that much faith in the council membersr, remember that Coleman *jump, grin get shot* Trebor was a council member as well. The council members are chosen for wisdom, not for lightsaber ability. And seeing that we know next to nothing of Yarael's ability with a blade, he looses. Asajj was strong enough in the force that it would come down to a contest of blades, and she was a challenge for Anakin, meaning that she would beat most others. The only council members of note in a duel are Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan and Anakin. Though Kit also wasn't bad.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yeah I also always thought that people was accepted as memebers of the council baised on their wisdom until I saw ROTS, (Anakin).

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 08:22 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote