KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Traya and Exar Kun versus Darth Revan and Freddon Nadd

Darth Traya and Exar Kun versus Darth Revan and Freddon Nadd
Started by: Darth Traya

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Darth Traya and Exar Kun versus Darth Revan and Freddon Nadd

Victory?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Jabarus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Two duo with Revan and co. BTW, I have no relation to Gryn Jabar whatsoever.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Mr. Jabarus a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Jabarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

lol

Traya can probably drain Revan since her technique is supposively one which "there is no defense". Certainly three jedi masters couldn't defend against it and Nihilus using a more uber version ate an entire planet of Force users.

Now, Nadd -might- be powerful enough to overwhelm either Kun or Traya with his powers, seeing as he pretty much tooled King Ommnin with little effort from beyond the grave. However, I'm gonna give Traya and Kun the benefit of the doubt and say they can get the jump on Revan and Nadd. Traya drains Revan and/or Nadd, Kun works some sith magic or pwns with his lightsaber. Either way I think Kun/Traya has this more often than not.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Jabarus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, when has Traya EVER shown the ability to use this besides once, against the masters? She didn't even use it when fighting the Exile AFAIk. Can that even be counted as canon?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Mr. Jabarus a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Jabarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed. Revan is rumored to be more powerful than Kreia, and he most likely is, but we do not have a firm estimate of Revan's Force powers, save for irrelevant in-game experience - and the ramblings of his loyal cadre of fanboys. So Revan may be defeated by Kreia, so long as she uses the Force. We do know that Revan defeated the Echani and Mandalore, so he'd probably tool her in a saber duel. But Kreia's smarter than that, so I think she'll beat him. And I think Kun could take Revan in either category.

And I think it'll take both Kun and Traya to take down Nadd, for reasons that Ianus said. So... Revan would be defeated by either Kun or Kreia, and it'll take both of them to slay Nadd.

I dunno.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Jabarus
Well, when has Traya EVER shown the ability to use this besides once, against the masters? She didn't even use it when fighting the Exile AFAIk. Can that even be counted as canon?

Yes, it can. There's the possibility that she used it to kill the Sith Assassins Sion sent after her on Malachor V. In any case, the idea that she can only use it via the exile or only use it once isn't proven concerete, so I'm assuming she can use it (Considering that Nihilus can and the Sith assassins have a variant of it and she trained all of them.)

And yes, it happens in both endings and unless KOTOR III comes out and contradicts that it's the closest we have to KOTOR canon events.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

I reckon that Traya could kill Revan. Although Exar and Nadd are a tough match. Exar was amazingly powerful and Nadd conquered a planet with a blaster pistol and a short lightsabre.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Traya
I reckon that Traya could kill Revan. Although Exar and Nadd are a tough match. Exar was amazingly powerful and Nadd conquered a planet with a blaster pistol and a short lightsabre.

Oh, I agree. But, Kreia's lightsaber skills are pathetic when compared to Revan, who defeated the Echani, Mandalore, and Malak. It's safe to say she can't hold her own in a lightsaber duel against Revan. But Kreia is brilliant, so I'm pretty sure she's not that dumb, and hopefully her powers will be enough to kill Revan. She can't take Nadd on her own, and neither can Kun. It will take them BOTH to beat him.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Ianus
Yes, it can. There's the possibility that she used it to kill the Sith Assassins Sion sent after her on Malachor V. In any case, the idea that she can only use it via the exile or only use it once isn't proven concerete, so I'm assuming she can use it (Considering that Nihilus can and the Sith assassins have a variant of it and she trained all of them.)

And yes, it happens in both endings and unless KOTOR III comes out and contradicts that it's the closest we have to KOTOR canon events.

It's still just a possibilty. Even if she used it twice, there are plenty of other times it would have been helpful.

Anyway, I think Nadd and Revan win. Nadd could take either Kun or Kreia and Revan could hold off either one long enough to get assisstance from Nadd.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Nadd has been able to school armies before, so clearly he has the force powers to do it. The guy arguably killed Sadow, which is quite a feat, even if it was Sadow's spirit.

Revan is the biggest unknown in this fight of unknowns. He's reputably stronger than Kreia. People forget that he's a tactical genius too. It's not like he's a dumbass like Anakin. I don't know, with Revan's precog and Nadd's incredible force powers, I think they can take it. But I'll say Kun has the best lightsaber abilities of the four, and he has some amazing force powers to boot. Kriea and Kun have a shot too. Close match.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by Illustrious
Nadd has been able to school armies before, so clearly he has the force powers to do it. The guy arguably killed Sadow, which is quite a feat, even if it was Sadow's spirit.

If he killed Sadow then he killed a "living" Sadow. Sadow was in a state of suspended animation before Nadd ran across him - so he was still alive.
But it's questionable that Nadd did kill Sadow since he went to Onderon to form his own Sith Empire. That means either that he didn't kill Sadow and thereby couldn't hope to take over the "regular" Sith Empire or he knew that the old Sith Empire didn't exist any longer. Well...at least he did challenge Sadow and suvived it.

And if we consider Nadd's actions (challenge and maybe kill Sadow, taking over a planet on his own, repel entire armies with his Sith Magic, slaying Jedi while being armed with a short lightsaber and a blaster and instakill a powerful Sith magician even when he was only a spirit) he might be able to kill Exar and Kreia alone.

I personally see it like that:
Force power: Nadd > Exar > Kreia = or > Revan
Fighting skills: Nadd > Exar > Revan > Kreia

This is imho the worst case for Revan and Nadd (since we can only speculate about Revans powers but he's better than Kreia when it comes to lightsaber fighting) and still Revan and Nadd have a slight advantage over Kreia and Exar.
If we consider "instakill" abilities, Kreia might be able to kick Revan instantly and Nadd might be able to kill at least Kreia if not both Kreia and Exar instantly. So this might result in Nadd vs Kun in the end and I don't think that Kun would be able to win that fight.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_CP

Originally posted by Escape81
Oh, I agree. But, Kreia's lightsaber skills are pathetic when compared to Revan, who defeated the Echani, Mandalore, and Malak. It's safe to say she can't hold her own in a lightsaber duel against Revan. But Kreia is brilliant, so I'm pretty sure she's not that dumb, and hopefully her powers will be enough to kill Revan. She can't take Nadd on her own, and neither can Kun. It will take them BOTH to beat him.

Hey, but you forget Revan is no dumbass. He was a great tactician. He's more wise. And if Kreia was smart like you said, maybe she should instakill Nadd instead of Revan, since there is "no defense" to it, and then double-team Revan............

Last edited by D_CP on Nov 13th, 2005 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 10:59 PM
Click here to Send D_CP a Private Message Find more posts by D_CP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Jabarus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah well none of the other characters are dumbasses either.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 11:09 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Except for GO-TO no one ever liked him, ever. He has a 'tude problem, anyway, back on topic:

For me, there are to many nknowns to determine the winner, just gut feelings. I think that Revan could defeat Traya.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 11:17 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

None of the characters in this fight are dumbasses. And Nadd has exhibited an instant kill technique too, as a spirit no less. It's simply hard to predict who gets the first "instakill" in.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Mr. Jabarus
Two duo with Revan and co. BTW, I have no relation to Gryn Jabar whatsoever.

Am I the only one that finds this funny? Revan and co? So Nadd has been relegated to being Revan's sidekick?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 12:10 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

I don't believe Nadd to be superior to Exar Kun. Nadd took over a backwater world that wasn't a member world of the Republic and killed a descendent of his (as a spirit) several hundred years later, perhaps with the aid of his own amulet. As well, I'd love to see the source that says Nadd killed jedi while armed with a blaster and short lightsaber that -isn't- KOTOR. Until I see it, I'm disinclined to believe it, especially since the Jedi only came to free Onderon several hundred years after Nadd's death. As far as I know, Nadd only confronted Jedi as a spirit.

Nadd's real lasting contribution to the dark side was to convert Satal and Aleema Keto (thereby indirectly converting Ulic Qel-Droma), and Exar Kun. I believe Kun at the height of his power against Nadd at the height of his would be a great battle, but one that Kun would almost definitely win.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 12:28 AM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Nadd took over one of the, if not the most militaristic planet in the galaxy.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

And? It was a planet unprotected and barely known by the Republic. It had no force users until Nadd arrived, either. It's not a great stretch to assume that Nadd's "conquest" was the result of Sith Magic (a la Exar Kun's famous "waltz into the Galactic Senate" freeze spell) and manipulation. A force user on his level had -better- be able to take over a planet like that, or they get an F in life.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 12:35 AM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

You seem to be forgetting that Nadd possibly defeated Sadow in human form, or at least survived a fight with Nadd and even as a spirit was able to instakill Omnin.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 12:37 AM