KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Sidious Vs Durge

Darth Sidious Vs Durge
Started by: Decay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Decay

Darth Sidious Vs Durge

sidious with no saber vs durge with no projectile weapons. durge is pretty unkillable but has never gone up against someone as powerful as sidious. i wonder how effective force lightning would be on a massive nerve cluster.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Painful.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 09:00 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dush khan Mabeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd have to say Sids gets thid one

SRBIJA!!!!!!KOSOVO!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Dush khan Mabeo a Private Message Find more posts by Dush khan Mabeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

LOL, Sidious.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:02 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Durge. While Sidious could use the Force, he can't use if forever, and lightning is uneffective, one ARC used it a lightning weapons on him and he ran right through it like nothing.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Se7in
Durge. While Sidious could use the Force, he can't use if forever, and lightning is uneffective, one ARC used it a lightning weapons on him and he ran right through it like nothing.

Durge... You think 'Durge' would beat Sidious? Need I remind you that Grievous took on Assaj and Durge at the same time and bested them, and you don't think Sidious could take 'Durge'?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

No. Sidious with no saber can't fight Durge. What's he gonna do, seduce him and talk him to death? He has no defense against him. Sidious showed he could maybe throw some stuff with the Force, but nothing Durge couldn't emerge from. Durge took a rocket to the face, and internal combustion and lived.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:20 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know. Sidious has exceptionally powerful Force powers, just beneath Yoda's own. His Sith Lightning is also very powerful, and like most lightning doesn't melt faces, Sidious's did. I'm not so sure that it is the same lightning we mortals view on Earth.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Maybe. But I fail to see how Sidious' lightning does more damage than beng shot 100 times and getting hit with a rocket.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:31 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Perhaps it doesn't.

Anyways. Durge will not be able to overpower Palpatine, since the Dark Lord has the Force on his side. It's safe to assume that the standard Dark Side powers are all at his disposal. He might choke Durge, or blast him with lightning, or chuck a starfighter at him... Lol. If Durge uses projectiles, Sidious will simply blast them back with the Force. Now, laser bolts might become a problem... I dunno.

Perhaps you're right.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:40 AM
Se7in

Durge can't use projectiles. It says in the beginning. I still think, however, if Durge can lay his hands on Sidious, it's over.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:52 AM
xxxpoppunker182

" the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant when compared to the power of the force"-Darth Vader

sidious would win. granted it would be quite a challenge.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:24 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Sidious has this for sure. He can easily take Durge. It's a common thing here, some character get super-pumped and then after a while becomes considered far to weak; to make up for a period of fanboyism, perhaps, but its really annoying. Sidious could just hold Durge a in the atmosphere and let him burn away.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 07:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

WHAT? That makes no sense Glentract. How is Sidious going to put Durge into the atmosphere? Seriously, for all we know they're fighting in the Tatooine desert and there's no way ANY Jedi could Force Push someone into the atmosphere.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:01 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Sidious isn't a Jedi though. stick out tongue

Jedi can move large amounts of things though. Yoda lifted an X-wing out of a swamp, and I believe Sidious to be stronger in force powers than Yoda. If the same amount of energy that had been used to lift an X-wing out of a swamp, I think someone with a much lesser mass would go very high up.

Even if Durge can't be thrown into the atmosphere, force lightning will kill him. It will take a while, but mixed with force pushes, Durge will slowly be vaporized.

Also, are you saying Tatooine has no atmosphere? It's a habitable planet, it has a thick atmosphere.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Cute.

"I believe Sidious has more Force power than Yoda."

I like this faith-based arguing I see going on at KMC all of a sudden. Not to harp on you Glentract, but it's pretty EVIDENT that Yoda tromps all over Sidious' Force powers. Watch the lightning battle in ROTS. Yoda wins it from a position of disadvantage. He overpowed Sidious.

This means Yoda > Sidious.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

How are you going to push someone miles into the air in the middle of a desert?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:56 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ianus
Cute.

"I believe Sidious has more Force power than Yoda."

I like this faith-based arguing I see going on at KMC all of a sudden. Not to harp on you Glentract, but it's pretty EVIDENT that Yoda tromps all over Sidious' Force powers. Watch the lightning battle in ROTS. Yoda wins it from a position of disadvantage. He overpowed Sidious.

This means Yoda > Sidious.

This is very true, Glentract.

Though, I will take into question your wording, Ianus. The word 'tromp' makes it seem as if Yoda conquered Sidious with extreme ease. He did not, and that word makes it very suggestive. Yoda was very nearly overpowered during that skirmish on the pod, and only with a renewed sense of determination was he able to finally push Sidious back, along with his lightning.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 09:00 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yes, but tromp sounds cooler.

If I said "And Yoda, with a grim look of sheer determination, pushed back the wave of Sith energy..." it would be too grandiose. Tromp sounds funny and I get a mental picture of Yoda kicking Sidious in the shin or something every time I type it.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ianus
Yes, but tromp sounds cooler.

If I said "And Yoda, with a grim look of sheer determination, pushed back the wave of Sith energy..." it would be too grandiose. Tromp sounds funny and I get a mental picture of Yoda kicking Sidious in the shin or something every time I type it.

Oh yeah, well... well... Sidious has cooler outfits than Yoda! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 09:15 PM