KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sidious vs. Sidious

Sidious vs. Sidious
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Sidious vs. Sidious

Could ROTJ Sidious have defeated ROTS Sidious? I mean, ROTJ Sidious has had another 20 years to study all his information and everything he got from the Jedi Temple, which included some Sith Holocrons that the Jedi had sealed away to protect the public. Now, ROTJ Sidious has more training and more knowledge, but his body is decayed in ROTJ.

So, would ROTS or ROTJ Sidious win?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Re: Sidious vs. Sidious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Could ROTJ Sidious have defeated ROTS Sidious? I mean, ROTJ Sidious has had another 20 years to study all his information and everything he got from the Jedi Temple, which included some Sith Holocrons that the Jedi had sealed away to protect the public. Now, ROTJ Sidious has more training and more knowledge, but his body is decayed in ROTJ.

So, would ROTS or ROTJ Sidious win?

ROTJ, theres nothing really to suggest the ROTS version would be more powerful in the force.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, the dark side of the Force was apparently destroying his body. This would make ROTJ Sidious in worse shape than ROTS Sidious.

Plus lord knows if he's even lifted his saber in twenty years. I don't recall ROTJ Sidious even using a saber.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell no.

The battle would initiate with ROTS Sidious laughing jumping about and chucking pods at ROTJ Sidious, with ROTJ Sidious tossing them back, and a few of his own. This would result in ROTS Sidious then trying to kill his other half with a good saber strike, but then both come to the conclusion that it would be best that they team up together to conquer the galaxy.

At that time, Yoda arrives, and both Sidious's set their eyes on him.

Then my favorite character meets a quick and untimely end...

Then Sidious #1 and Sidious #2 have a cup of tea, milk, and vitamins. Fastforward 20 years, both go postal on Luke and Vader, and the Empire wins at Endor and continues forever. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Escape81
Hell no.

The battle would initiate with ROTS Sidious laughing jumping about and chucking pods at ROTJ Sidious, with ROTJ Sidious tossing them back, and a few of his own. This would result in ROTS Sidious then trying to kill his other half with a good saber strike, but then both come to the conclusion that it would be best that they team up together to conquer the galaxy.

At that time, Yoda arrives, and both Sidious's set their eyes on him.

Then my favorite character meets a quick and untimely end...

Then Sidious #1 and Sidious #2 have a cup of tea, milk, and vitamins. Fastforward 20 years, both go postal on Luke and Vader, and the Empire wins at Endor and continues forever. stick out tongue

That brought a tear to my eye..

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:44 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah. Yoda, Luke, and Vader would all be fekked. But Sidious would do us a favor, ladies and gentlemen. Killing off Luke means no NJO Luke!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:46 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I actually think NJO Luke is okay until the last few days of the Yuuzhan Vong War.

And no Luke means no Kyp or Corran. sad

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

ROTJ wins. a saber wont do shit since, with a little force, it will be flying up maces ass. without a saber i would have to say that 20 extra years to improve your power is enough to win.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Amen.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 02:48 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decay

rotj. age doesnt always mean a deterioration in saber skills (yoda, dooku). i dont think sidious would team up with himself, theyd always be plotting to kill eachother. rotj sidious would plot to have his younger version locked up because killing him would be killing himself, and rots sidious would be plotting to kill rotj sidious figuring that when he becomes rotj sidious he will know when rots sidious is going to kill him, and how, so he can counter and lock up rots sidious. that or rots sidious would become the apprentice of rotj sidious, become even more powerful, kill his master and rule the galaxy with an even stronger hold that rotj sidious.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 02:54 PM
Click here to Send Decay a Private Message Find more posts by Decay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Age doesn't mean a deterioration in skills, but a lack of use does. How many times do you think Sidious needed to lift a lightsaber between ROTS and ROTJ? He had Vader, what did he need a lightsaber for?

And I don't think Sidious would team up with himself because of Vader. There can only be two Sith at one time. So either one Sidious finishes the other off or they kill Vader and team up. But I don't think Sidious wants someone as powerful as himself around.

I think ROTS Sidious takes this one, if ony because he's younger and is still fresh with a saber.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 03:39 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

...Yeah, because we all know how much he was prcticing his saber skills during the PT...?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 03:43 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

He fought Yoda and didn't get sliced up, didn't he? He's gotta be damn good with a saber then.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 04:05 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Still, saying he doesn't have much use for a saber because he had Vader in the OT period is like saying he doesn't have much use for a saber because of relative peace and Chancellorship in the PT. The same assumptions are leveled.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Illustrious
Still, saying he doesn't have much use for a saber because he had Vader in the OT period is like saying he doesn't have much use for a saber because of relative peace and Chancellorship in the PT. The same assumptions are leveled.

Which makes me wonder how good Sidious would've been had he still continuously practiced, like Dooku, Yoda, and Mace. He managed to keep up with the final two, so perhaps he is a closet-l33t saber duelist.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:35 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Kinda like a closet alcoholic?

"No, I suck with a saber. Here, let's sign legal documents."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol.

Well, considering his political obligations as the leader of the Republic, and as well as his meticulous engineering of his political career, it is safe to assume that Palpatine did not touch his saber for the better part of thirteen years, save for his training of Maul. Considering he was still able to hold his own against the likes of Windu and Yoda makes me wonder what he would've been capable of had he practiced as dilligently and as numerously as Yoda and Windu and even Dooku.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:40 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, I still think Sidious has incredible Force potential, and I entertain the idea that Plageus created Anakin either with Sidious' help or even with his DNA.

I mean, Sidious does take care of Vader pretty well in a twisted way. Even the way he stoops and puts his hand on Vader at Mustafar is reminiscent of Obi-Wan putting his handon Padme.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:43 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ianus
Well, I still think Sidious has incredible Force potential, and I entertain the idea that Plageus created Anakin either with Sidious' help or even with his DNA.

I mean, Sidious does take care of Vader pretty well in a twisted way. Even the way he stoops and puts his hand on Vader at Mustafar is reminiscent of Obi-Wan putting his handon Padme.

Perhaps so. But Sidious had to be well on his way of reaching his Force potential. At the same time, Dooku and Windu had incredible potential themselves. All three rivaled Yoda, who had eight centuries experience on all of them, and I firmly believe Yoda reached his own potential.

Plagueis perhaps did. And as for Plagueis's teachings, I will say this. I entertain the thought of Sidious knowing perhaps not all but quite a bit of his master's teachings. Consider. Sidious is able to transfer his essence to a clone body. So while he cannot create a new body of his own, he is able to stay alive as a spirit. He is also extremely skilled in Sith alchemy, having not only brought himself back from the dead, but others as well.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:46 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

quote:
Even the way he stoops and puts his hand on Vader at Mustafar is reminiscent of Obi-Wan putting his handon Padme.

You mean the way he put his hand on Luke, right? That was mentioned in one of the Making of Episode III books.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote