KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Vader and Luke versus Dooku

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vader and Luke 6 42.86%
Dooku 8 57.14%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTJ Vader and Luke versus Dooku
Started by: Ianus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

ROTJ Vader and Luke versus Dooku

I'm curious to see what people think. Setting is a flat open parkinglot.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

By open do you mean there are no cars?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:46 PM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, it's just a parking lot. Nothing to obstruct anything.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

dooku kills them, eats there brains, shits on there corpses, and watches PPV.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

Oh, then Dooku takes it without too much difficulty.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:48 PM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Dooku will simply PWN them

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:48 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Okay, let me open it up a little:

Is there an instance where you can see the duo overcoming Dooku?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:50 PM
The Creator
A being beyond power

Well they could win if there were some debris and Dooku attacked Luke first giving Vader an opening.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:53 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I can't say I see Luke being such a distraction that Vader would have an opening.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:54 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

well if dooku was sleeping....

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I don't think they can coordinate with eachother well enough to overcome the Count. Not even Anakin and Obi-Wan could pull it off.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Agreed. Maybe if this was Dooku after his hands were severed off, then Vader and Luke might pull it off. But otherwise, Dooku would wipe his ass with both of them with hardly any difficulty.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

To be fair, I can imagine them having a chance. But as of this time period, Dooku has my vote.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

I say the two, to be fair, I think the count's powers are overrated.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:35 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

The duo. I know, I am almost a ROTJ Luke fanboy, but he is really good by this point. He has already defeated Vader. This may seem insane, but look how good Jorus C'baoth was after four years of training. Luke also has the Kaiburr crystal(I know, it's from Splinter of the Minds Eye, but it is also in the New Essential Guide to Chronolgy, making it canon.)

Just to throw some junk in, if was almost totally agreed that ROTJ Sidious is better than ROTS Sidious. If Vader is 80% of ROTJ Sidious, he must be > 80% ROTS Sidious, who is around Dooku's level.

If Luke defeated Vader(which he did) then Luke > 80% ROTJ Sidious > 80% ROTS Dooku.

Vader and Luke have a big enough lead to win.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

The technical mumbo-jumbo is O.K. and I agree. Luke and Vader (as of ROTJ) are underestimated. I personally think Vader alone could take him, but let's stay on topic, not bash me (preemptitive defense)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:42 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
The duo. I know, I am almost a ROTJ Luke fanboy, but he is really good by this point. He has already defeated Vader. This may seem insane, but look how good Jorus C'baoth was after four years of training. Luke also has the Kaiburr crystal(I know, it's from Splinter of the Minds Eye, but it is also in the New Essential Guide to Chronolgy, making it canon.)

Just to throw some junk in, if was almost totally agreed that ROTJ Sidious is better than ROTS Sidious. If Vader is 80% of ROTJ Sidious, he must be > 80% ROTS Sidious, who is around Dooku's level.

If Luke defeated Vader(which he did) then Luke > 80% ROTJ Sidious > 80% ROTS Dooku.

Vader and Luke have a big enough lead to win.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be, Glentract.

And are you saying that Luke Skywalker is stronger than Count Dooku?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:49 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

NOOO!!!!! Not at all. He is stronger than 80% of Count Dooku.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Ah. Well for the following argument, I'll suppose that your analysis was correct, even though I have my doubts. But here's something else.

Luke may have possessed 80% of Dooku's raw power and achieved potential of the time, but he had a few weeks worth of legitament training, compared to Dooku's eighty-three years. Not to mention that he never demonstrated the kind of Force mastery shown by the Count, nor can I ever believe that his saber skills come within a mile of Dooku's.

Glentract, it's not Luke + Vader = 160% Dooku. It doesn't work that way. Anakin and Obi-Wan were possibly the most coordinated team of the Clone Wars, hell, of the movie era. But even they just barely overcame Dooku, and that was because of an act of arrogance on the Count's part. The duo in this battle have never worked together in their lives. They were arch-enemies for four years.

I give Vader and Luke a chance, but not much of one.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:58 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I'm not saying that they will work perfectly, but then again, they don't need to to defeat the Count.

Also, Luke DOES have tons of traning from things that Obi-wan left in his home on Tatooine. Luke spent around six months studying just this.

Also, keep in mind that someone doesn't need to have a teacher to be powerful. Look at Kar, for example. He was around equal to the second most powerful person in the PT Order.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 12:02 AM