KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sidious vs Mace

Sidious vs Mace
Started by: kamikz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Sidious vs Mace

Okay I know this has been done but since there has been alot of debatting around Sidious level of power and Escape and Faunus has made some good points.
This fight takes place where Yoda fought Sidious and is not about what happend between the two in ROTS.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Mace Windu wins, he is faster than Sidious and is able to block his Lightning attack easier it seems than Yoda and it doesn't look like Sidious is that skilled with a lightsaber (not as skilled as Mace Windu).

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 10:54 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Sidious flat-out *****-slaps Mace. When will people realize Sids was toying with mace in the office.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

People won't, because it is not true. The ROTS comentary heavily implied this, going so far as to state that Mace overpowered Sidious.

That was in a place where lightsaber dictated the battle, which Mace more excels at. Mace isn't going to be able to block a Senate Pod with his lightsaber, though, and he doesn't seem to have Yoda's dexterity at avoiding them.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

when will ppl learn Sidious was NOT faking it?! Mace Windu...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 11:03 PM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

It depends, particularly, on where the battle takes place. The mistake that Sidious made was engaging in an all out lightsaber duel against Mace, instead of relying on his true forte, his Force powers.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Mace is too fast, powerful, able to block Sidious's force powers, Sidious may be extremely strong in the force, but i believe Mace to be slightly better. Unless of course Sidious is able to catch Mace off guard with his lightning in which case Mace is done.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 11:12 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Normally, Mace would kick Palps' melted ass, but in the senate dome thing, Palps has a slight advantage; the chairs. Yoda could jump out of the way, but Mace is less agile. Maybe he could Force push them back, but the same thing that happened to Yoda would probably happen to Mace, too.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 11:21 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

Mace in no way demonstrates force ability on the level of Yoda or Sidious. In this arena, with Sidious fighting Mace as he did Yoda, Mace gets stomped.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 11:31 PM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I think it could go either way. Sidious can make use of both of his strongest points, his tendency for dirty fighting and his amazing mastery of the Force. If he can keep Mace at bay, he may stand a chance. But the Jedi Master has proven himself to be very adept in augmenting his physical attributes with the Force. Annihilating several dozens, even hundreds of droids, with his bare hands, leaping a hundred or so yards, enhancing the speed of his saber-strikes until no one, not even General Grievous, can tell where he is going to strike next. . . At melee range, he'll destroy the newly christened Emperor.

I personally believe him to have a chance in ranged or Force combat as well. While not as powerful as Sidious, he comes damn close. He's also the only other Jedi save for Yoda who can deflect lightning with his hands, if to a much lesser degree. I have a shot of him when the lightning intially hits on my other computer. He puts his saber forward horizontally to catch the blast, but a sphere of Force energy blasts outwards, too. This is he catches with his hand, and a small disruption appears next to his right hand. I'll show you the screen-shot, as well as the rest of my argument, when I return.

The point is, Mace can defeat or challenge the Dark Lord in any combat-related category. So if he can close to melee range, he will surely win. If not, there'll be some trouble.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

It's pretty much a battle of luck. They both take up too much room to fight in one pod. I remain undecided.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 11:45 PM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I think it could go either way. Sidious can make use of both of his strongest points, his tendency for dirty fighting and his amazing mastery of the Force. If he can keep Mace at bay, he may stand a chance. But the Jedi Master has proven himself to be very adept in augmenting his physical attributes with the Force. Annihilating several dozens, even hundreds of droids, with his bare hands, leaping a hundred or so yards, enhancing the speed of his saber-strikes until no one, not even General Grievous, can tell where he is going to strike next. . . At melee range, he'll destroy the newly christened Emperor.

I personally believe him to have a chance in ranged or Force combat as well. While not as powerful as Sidious, he comes damn close. He's also the only other Jedi save for Yoda who can deflect lightning with his hands, if to a much lesser degree. I have a shot of him when the lightning intially hits on my other computer. He puts his saber forward horizontally to catch the blast, but a sphere of Force energy blasts outwards, too. This is he catches with his hand, and a small disruption appears next to his right hand. I'll show you the screen-shot, as well as the rest of my argument, when I return.

The point is, Mace can defeat or challenge the Dark Lord in any combat-related category. So if he can close to melee range, he will surely win. If not, there'll be some trouble.

Very astute. But its safe to assume that without his saber, he cannot overpower Sidious's lightning.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

No, I don't think he can. Yoda is still the only one capable of such a feat while unarmed. But if Mace can manage to out-manuever Sidious, armed or not, he has a good chance of victory.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

A very good chance. I'll say 50/50.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 01:14 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yes I think it's very close too, though I think Mace will have a really hard time to block Sidious lightning this time. Here Sids can take the advantage of high ground and has much more room to use the force. If he for example is on a higher level than Mace and fires his lightning Mace will probably not be able to deflect it back at Sidious which was the only thing that stopped him from continuing before.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 11:35 AM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

We don't know how yoda happened to get down at the bottem of the senate arena do we? It seemed like one moment they were fighting on the pod, and yoda was owning sidious, and the next time it cuts back to that fight, he's down at the bottem dodging senate pods. If Sidious somehow used his force powers in order to gain that advantage, i'll give it to mace, if yoda thought he was going to have an advantage for some reason from below and jumped himself, i think mace wouldn't make that mistake, b/c he's not about the hopping around.
Mace wins, better with a saber, competent with the force.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 03:08 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Personally I think Yoda is at least equal to Mace in saber combat, poissbly better.

No we don't know what happend between Yoda and Sidious before we see him tossing those pods but the book says that Yoda disarms Sidious but he uses his lightning which is too much for Yoda and tossed him out of the platform. But it's not canon so we don't know, I think it would be very weird if Mace was able to deflect Sidious lightning but it's too much for Yoda, especially since we saw him take it some minutes later.

Sidious has the advantage of the arena, he doesent suck with the saber and could very well stand up too Mace for a while like he did at his office. And that's when he's not using the force which he will very possibly do here and then Yoda almost couldent stand up too him (having a hard time to dodge the pods and deflect his lightning). If Sidious gains the high ground and starts tossing pods I personally think Mace is doomed. He hasent got the potential nor the agility to dodge or deflect one of those pods, Yoda had much trouble with it.

And I don't think Mace could deflect Sidious lightning if he does it at longer range like Dooku did at Yoda. Of course he will be able to hold it but not for long. In Palpatines office we see Mace having a really hard time deflecting the lightning while Sidious is getting more hurt and weaker. If it's from a longer range I doubt he could deflect it back at Sidious.
Also in Palpatines office, exactly at the end of his first lightning attempt we can see that (at least it looks like) Mace is getting hit on his hand, he draws his arm back and holds the lightning with one hand. I think this is a sign that he couldent hold on for much longer and he was lucky that Sidious got to tired. Of course it's only speculation.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 03:58 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Do people forget that it was 4 on 1 against Sidious? He had to enter saber combat or else fight a battle with the force against 4 Jedi Masters. In saber vombat Mace *physically* overpowered Palpatine. I say Sidious would beat Mace 1 on 1 when he doesn't have to fight with his saber.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nolandus

If someone of you have played kotor, considering the classes of the game, the problem can be resolved easily. Windu is a Jedi Guardian, we can consider it a Master with the lightsaber (one of the special class of kotor2), the best one with the lightsaber in the first three episodes. Sidius is a master in the use of the force in the dark sight. I think that in the movie situation Mace wins against Sidius without any problems because Sidius does an error trying to defeat him with the lightsaber, Sidius has no chances.
In the fight, Yoda vs Sidius, I don't understand why the jedi master loses.....He isn't defeated, he has just fall off because he is unlucky. I think this fight is been very forced, because Yoda had to lose, to justify the episodes of the other trilogy. I think that Yoda has the same power of Sidius, or probably Yoda was stronger but in the movie he is unlucky.
I think that Yoda is as strong as Windu, but they are experts in different jedi disciplines.
Sidius wins because he must win and because he is luckier than his opponents...........

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Nolandus a Private Message Find more posts by Nolandus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Sidious, he had many valid reasons to lose on purpose to Mace, and In the ROTS novelization it makes it pretty clear Palps has the whole thing set up. The Yoda fight is where we see him use his true power and I seriously doubt Mace would be able to handle it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote