KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar runs the continous gauntlet.

Exar runs the continous gauntlet.
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Exar runs the continous gauntlet.

I feel like giving this thing a go.

Exar has no rest inbetween fights and carries all fatigue and injuries of the previous fight.

1. ROTS Anakin

2. Maul

3. Jango and Boba(NJO Boba)

4. Mace

5. Dooku

6. Yoda

7. Vodo

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

He falls at Yoda probably.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

No rest? He'll go through the entire gauntlet several times then before finally getting tired. But nobody except 7 or perhaps 6 will take him down.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:03 AM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Yoda is far more powerful than Vodo.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Can you prove that, GV?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

Hardly. Vodo would curbstomp Yoda. Show me where Yoda uses advanced force techniques on par with Vodo (i.e. making a simple wooden staff as powerful as a lightsaber). Why do you think he's listed above Yoda?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:09 AM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by IKC
Hardly. Vodo would curbstomp Yoda. Show me where Yoda uses advanced force techniques on par with Vodo (i.e. making a simple wooden staff as powerful as a lightsaber). Why do you think he's listed above Yoda?

That technique didnt help him much when Kun owned him. I dont see what the fuss is about Vodo hes nothing special, Yoda is so powerful they thought he was the prophecised chosen one when he was growing up, the only problem was that he had a father.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:13 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

First, Vodo is six hundred. Yoda doesn't have much of an advantage in this catagorey for amount of time to learn about the Force(percentage wise).

Second, Vodo was considered a grandmaster. I figure this pretty much means head of the Order like other similar groups like the Jedi(Taekwondo for example).

Third, Jedi in Vodo's time were generally better than PT Jedi.

Fourth. Vodo may have fought against Nadd and some of the other True Sith. Added to his experince in the Great Sith War, he has more War experince than Yoda.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:16 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

quote:
That technique didnt help him much when Kun owned him.

Nor would holding up your hands help much when an avalanche is rushing towards you. It's a testament to Kun's power, not Vodo's weakness.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:17 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Great Vengeance
That technique didnt help him much when Kun owned him. I dont see what the fuss is about Vodo hes nothing special, Yoda is so powerful they thought he was the prophecised chosen one when he was growing up, the only problem was that he had a father.

Can I see a OFFICIAL source for Yoda being thought to be the Chosen One. I think this is just widely spread fandom, such as Yoda being a Whill.

Also, where does it mention that the Chosen One couldn't have a father?

Even still, Anakin was the Chosen One, yet he got wasted pretty badly.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:19 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Agreed. Vodo is over Yoda in saber skill.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
First, Vodo is six hundred. Yoda doesn't have much of an advantage in this catagorey for amount of time to learn about the Force(percentage wise).

Second, Vodo was considered a grandmaster. I figure this pretty much means head of the Order like other similar groups like the Jedi(Taekwondo for example).

Third, Jedi in Vodo's time were generally better than PT Jedi.

Fourth. Vodo may have fought against Nadd and some of the other True Sith. Added to his experince in the Great Sith War, he has more War experince than Yoda.

1.Yoda is 900, thats 150% of Vodo which is quite an advantage.

2.So was Yoda...So were many jedi throughout history.

3.You havent proved that Glentract.

4.Sidious was a true sith also, the conception that sidious is weak compared to the ancient sith is one of many agreements among the forum I doubt.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:22 AM
IKC
Antediluvian

Saying the age makes any difference at all, you should then support the assertion that Palpatine could beat Mace Windu in a straight saber battle, since he's significantly older.

Yoda was never considered grandmaster. Name one other besides Vodo who was.

Yes they were. Find one Jedi in the PT who could strip the Force from someone or use Battle Meditation.

Sidious was a powerful Sith, for his time. But let's see Sidious waltz into the Senate like he owns the place while several Jedi are watching, not hide his power, use Sith magic to freeze the entire senate body, and slay the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order while rescuing his apprentice.

He has nothing on the Ancient Sith.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:28 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

1.Yoda is 900, thats 150% of Vodo which is quite an advantage.

This operates under the assumption that Yoda's 900 years ended up in more lightsaber mastery than Vodo's 600. And considering that Yoda was only slightly better than Sidious, only a fool would think Yoda > Vodo. Really, if you're gonna sling around ages and percentiles, show EVIDENCE.

3.You havent proved that Glentract.

Well, in a time of relatively little training (since the jedi weren't trained from youth) Ulic held his own with a Sith Lord of considerable power. While this is only one case of such, it is pretty damn impressive.

4.Sidious was a true sith also, the conception that sidious is weak compared to the ancient sith is one of many agreements among the forum I doubt.

I don't think Vodo had a lot of experience fighting Sith. None that I can recall, anyways.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

Vodo was 600 years old at the time of his death. Freedon Nadd, while not a Lord of the Sith, had died 400 years earlier. It's reasonable to assume Vodo participated.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:30 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Vodo was the lead Jedi in the Great Sith War and I read he had something to do with fighting Nadd(it might have been the Krath).

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:30 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Ah, you're right. I just didn't recall at the time of posting.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:31 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

When will people learn that age is not always a determining factor of power? For example. By that logic, Yoda himself would have been able to utterly and totally obliterate the likes of Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, but both managed to put him to the test!

Some people are naturally stronger Force-users than others. In some cases, innate power (if trained properly) negates the ominious bonuses and advantages of experience.

Vodo is beyond Yoda in saber ability and in Force power. This is not because he lived in a time where the average Jedi was stronger than the ones during the Prequel Trilogy, but because of his own noteworthy achievements.

Consider:

Yoda was barely able to stand up to Sidious, who despite being a powerful Sith Lord, is a mere child compared to the likes of Exar Kun, who slaughtered Jedi with the brutality of Anakin Skywalker, but with the power of three Yodas.

In short, Vodo would annihilate Sidious or Yoda, and it is bogus to compare them to the likes of Exar Kun.

Oh, and I'd daresay he'd survive this Gauntlet.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

It's infinite, however. I say he goes through dozens or more times before tiring to the point where Vodo gets lucky.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:44 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Infinite? How cruel.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:45 AM