KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Anakin vs. JA Luke

ROTS Anakin vs. JA Luke
Started by: OBI-Ninja

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

ROTS Anakin vs. JA Luke

This is Luke in Jedi Academy 10 years after ROTJ. So he has roughly the same amount of experience as Anakin. Who wins this father vs. son match-up?

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:22 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Luke takes him.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Any hardcore evidence for that? Anakin by ROTS is a competent saber fighter with a lot more raw Force power than Luke. Not that I disagree entirely, just curious to see where you're coming from.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Luke is way more calm and wise than Anakin was at that point. I think it would be a reminder of Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:31 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I think sort of the same, but it won't be -that- easy.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Nah I guess not.

Who do you think is more powerful, Obi-Wan or JA Luke (just curious).

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:34 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Hm. ROTS Obi-Wan is pretty uber. I imagine by ANH he's pretty damn capable enough to wipe out JA Luke, but that's just a hunch.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:37 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

ANH Obi-Wan seemd kinda rusty too me, kinda like Yoda did in the OT. Though it wouldent really make sense that Obi-Wan would grow worse in the years now does it?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:39 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, he may not be as fast and flashy as he used to be, but he's also older and wiser. Lord knows what he practiced in the desert (Though he did do some things like modify Anakin's old lightsaber and his own, etc.) but Dooku is clear evidence that age doesn't preclude strong performance in combat.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:45 PM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ianus
Well, he may not be as fast and flashy as he used to be, but he's also older and wiser. Lord knows what he practiced in the desert (Though he did do some things like modify Anakin's old lightsaber and his own, etc.) but Dooku is clear evidence that age doesn't preclude strong performance in combat.

Yeah, but you can't use one instance and try to say it's the norm. We do know someone like Qui-Gon was "past his prime" which was mentioned in a book and the novelization (we have no contradicting evidence in the movies either), and he was, by all accounts, just in his 60s at the time.

Dooku may well be the exception, in that he kept up his conditioning and also quite possibly learned some Sith teachings.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Definently.

Hey I watched a clone wars episode where Anakin fought Assaj and something just occured to me. Anakin fights her and after a while he raises his arms and makes an assault against here. To counter that she pushes him and because he hasent got his guard up he flies far away. Later when he has his guard up both she and he is able to withstand those force pushes. So do you belive that Dooku could have had some luck by lifting/choking Obi-Wan. Sure Dookus better but just at that point, he might have been lucky.
Obi-Wan saw him fighting Anakin, saw that he was turned with his back against him and saw a clear shot to kill him, therefore he rushed against him which Dooku foresaw and, well, that happend.

It's just a theory but tell me what you think.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:51 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

JA Luke could take Obi-wan, too.

Janus, Luke has a lot of things going for him:

Defeated Darth Vader
Gotten the Kaiburr Crystal
Almost completely destroyer Black Sun
Defeated Luuke
Defeated Joruus(a Clone of a powerful Jedi Master from the Old Republic)
Deafeated the Witches of Dathomir
Defeated the Jensaari
ect.

Just for kicks, Luke was a general, Anakin a Commander. lol.

kamikz, Obi-wan was probably to busy lightsaber fighting to notice Dooku was about to force push him. We have seen Obi-wan block his attacks.

Last edited by Darth_Glentract on Nov 26th, 2005 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Illustrious
Yeah, but you can't use one instance and try to say it's the norm. We do know someone like Qui-Gon was "past his prime" which was mentioned in a book and the novelization (we have no contradicting evidence in the movies either), and he was, by all accounts, just in his 60s at the time.

Dooku may well be the exception, in that he kept up his conditioning and also quite possibly learned some Sith teachings.

What about Luke? In Dark Nest he's 55 years old, yet still at his peak. Same thing with Corran who is Luke's age. Mace also had hit his peak at 53(his peak because he died before he could get any stronger) because in Shatterpoint he learned how to far better use Vapaad(he gained the ability to exclude himself from the power of Darkness to a high degree).

Just curious, how old was Exar during the Great Sith War?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Anakin was a General by ROTS, I thought. Oh well.

Luke, I think, would have less raw skill with a lightsaber than ROTS Anakin. Though they trained by roughly the same amount of years (by that point), Luke did not have any real drill-downs with a lightsaber, unless Yoda showed him during his training on Dagobah. Otherwise, Luke is thoroughly self-taught. Anakin, however, has Obi-Wan, who was an accomplished swordsman, if not the best of the Order.

Still, Luke is quite competent. It would be a fierce fight...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:01 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Remember that Luke has spent considerable amounts of time sparring with Kyle, Corran, Gantorious, ect. He also fought the Nightsisters and the Jensaari, in fighting the Jensaari I know that he defeated them in lightsaber combat. He defeated Luuke(but had to supplement his lightsaber talent). I think he also exchanged blows with DE Sidious.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:04 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
JA Luke could take Obi-wan, too.

Janus, Luke has a lot of things going for him:

Defeated Darth Vader
Gotten the Kaiburr Crystal
Almost completely destroyer Black Sun
Defeated Luuke
Defeated Joruus(a Clone of a powerful Jedi Master from the Old Republic)
Deafeated the Witches of Dathomir
Defeated the Jensaari
ect.

Just for kicks, Luke was a general, Anakin a Commander. lol.

Kam, to answer your question Jedi are trained to resist force TK, but Obi-Wan was in no position to block the choke. It may have been mere surprise.

Now, onto Glentract's featwars...

Defeated Darth Vader in a match of questionable validity by... swinging his lightsaber back and forth.

Destroyed the Black Sun. Relevance? Specifics? Anything that relates to the battle?

Kaiburr crystal... how much did this boost him up? I can say that so-and-so has "teh speshul krysstal" but I'd need to cite how much stronger it made him.

Defeated Luuke. His virtual twin. Give us a scope of Luuke's powers? Specifics of the battle?

Same with Joruus. They may very well be accomplishments to put him well up there, but you're just listing them off. This isn't helping. I could say that Obi-Wan has defeated Darth Maul, Darth Vader, General Grievous, Jango Fett, etc. This doesn't neccessarily give scope of his abilities unless everyone is familiar with the way the fight happened and the means through which the individual won. Same goes with the rest. You may very well have a good argument here, but listing feats of victories I can't identify with doesn't help me much.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:06 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Yay for featwars! stick out tongue

Joruus was a more powerful version of Jorus. Jorus led the Outbound flight and was the most powerful on the experdition, impressive since there were five other Jedi Masters with him.

The Kaiburr Crystal, when used on Mimban, would make the user hundreds of times more powerful. No one that we have seen has used it there, and it's power goes down in distance from Mimban. It would make him signifacantly more powerful since Vader wanted it because it would make him far more powerful than the Emperor, and since the Emperor never went anywhere near Mimban, it's must still have significant effect even on Coruscant; quite far from Mimban.

He defeated Black Sun, which included dozens of armed thugs, and also a class-five security droid. JK droids were class five security droids also.

The Jensaari are believed to have been trained by Nejaa, a Jedi Master who Anakin looked up to. I think it said that the leader of the Jensaari was near the founder(Nejaa) in power, with all of the others slightly below that. Luke downed five of these guys.

Luuke was trained by Joruus and was designed as a weapon. Not much other than that.

The Witches of Dathomir gave the Jedi 300 years before PT trouble. This includes a 600 year old Yoda.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:22 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Much better.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:28 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Glentract, did Luke beat the witches of Dathomir, night sisters or whatever they are called, alone??

Man Luke seems to be really good at this time. At this point I definently belive he's the winner.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:31 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

He had some help, I believe, but he defeated the most powerful one,(Gethzerion) and many of the other ones. I doubt that he killed ALL of them.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:34 PM