KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu versus Yoda versus Count Dooku

Mace Windu versus Yoda versus Count Dooku
Started by: kingkman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mace Windu versus Yoda versus Count Dooku

Set in the temple training room. 3 way fight between some of the most powerful force users in the Prequel Era.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:01 AM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Mace and Dooku play smart, they'd team up and kill Yoda - who is the most powerful person there. If they do that, then they'd get him out of the way - and then Mace and Dooku would fight. I think Mace would win that one.

But Yoda would win otherwise.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, that's it in a Brazil Nut.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even if each contestant is completely unbiased, I think that Mace and Yoda would team up against Dooku because they would know that they had to be careful of his lightning and then I'm going to have to go with Mace. Yoda relies too much on the force, without it he would be useless and after Dooku would have lost a bit of force energy whereas Mace would be prepared for him.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:36 AM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

How do you know he'll be prepared? And how do you know Yoda won't?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda would be slightly tired after Count Dooku. remember that Yoda uses an incredible amount of Force energy while in basic combat.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 02:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yoda and Dooku are better swordsmen than Mace, is the thing.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:22 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

I think Yoda could well lose this one. Yoda was panting for breath after half a minute of combat with Dooku. Add Windu battering him every so often, I think Yoda could well tire out.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:26 AM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Agreed

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:52 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

I think everyone uses a lot of force energy, while fighting. not just yoda.
And he might have been out of breath after a half minute fighting dooku, but when the fight would have been longer he would have the stamina to go on. Just like in sports you can be out of breath after the warming up, but during the match you can go on much and much longer.
Further I think Yoda would have defeated Dooku if he didn't escaped.
Therefore it's irrelevant to use Yoda catching his breath as an argument.
Still I'm not sure what the outcome of this fight would be, since there are 3 combatants. 1 on 1 Yoda would defeat both of them I think, but all together Mace or Dooku could win. As long as Yoda would die or be injured first.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 09:31 AM
Click here to Send Smoker Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Smoker Stevens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Yoda wasnt catching his breath, he was computer animated!!!!!! anyway, he probably looked like that cause he was upset he had to let Dooku escape

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 09:35 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

I agree, Dooku looked just as tired after he fought Anakin but when Yoda came in he was like new. Same with Yoda, he did alot more jumping and had alot longer fight with Sidious still he didn't look tired there at all. He was probably just breathing hard, that means nothing.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:21 AM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yoda and Dooku are better swordsmen than Mace, is the thing.

That's debatable.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:58 AM
overlord
OD'd

Dooku's way of fighting is based on stalling and tiring out opponents to kill them with well placed blows. Ataru is very tiring so as for the Yoda factor; I think Yoda would have to play it fast and effective before dying due to fatigue.
As for Mace/Dooku; I am not really able to judge that properly.

It could very well be Dooku who lasts if there is no teaming up.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:22 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Originally posted by henniestevens
I think everyone uses a lot of force energy, while fighting. not just yoda.
And he might have been out of breath after a half minute fighting dooku, but when the fight would have been longer he would have the stamina to go on. Just like in sports you can be out of breath after the warming up, but during the match you can go on much and much longer.
Further I think Yoda would have defeated Dooku if he didn't escaped.
Therefore it's irrelevant to use Yoda catching his breath as an argument.
Still I'm not sure what the outcome of this fight would be, since there are 3 combatants. 1 on 1 Yoda would defeat both of them I think, but all together Mace or Dooku could win. As long as Yoda would die or be injured first.

It's not irrelevant. Look at other Ataru users, Qui-Gon is tired out after a few seconds of fighting Darth Maul! Yoda is panting after half a minute of combat. If Yoda is fighting both Dooku and Windu at intervals, he is going to tire out eventually.

Yoda can win, but only if he goes in for the quick kill.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blind Guardian
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really see Dooku as emerging victorious. Mace is a slower paced fighter, and Yoda is too old for this. Dooku is also a Sith, and uses aggressive Sith tactics with Form II mastery.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Blind Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Blind Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

yoda is too old to win this, same with dooks

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Age is irrelevant. It's the way you fight that matters.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 07:59 PM
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

irrellevent hardly, old people tire faster and younger people have frequent addrenaline rushes. its in science, also whose to say mace could even last the begining whose to say that they dont team up on him, or on dooks

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
irrellevent hardly, old people tire faster and younger people have frequent addrenaline rushes. its in science, also whose to say mace could even last the begining whose to say that they dont team up on him, or on dooks

Considering that Dooku can use a single hand to sabre block both Anakin and Kenobi (using two hands and younger) then win the block and not show any exertion, I think in this fight it is.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 08:05 PM