KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Quinlan Vos vs. Luminara Unduli

Quinlan Vos vs. Luminara Unduli
Started by: Master Vos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Quinlan Vos vs. Luminara Unduli

So, the former Jedi exile faces off against the Soresu master? Who takes this?

Personally, I would say Vos.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 12:37 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I think Vos has an edge over her...

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 12:49 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I say Luminara. She can flex her body in unusual ways which aids her to evade attacks, she possesses more power than most Jedi and she'd a Soresu Master. Vos is very good and this would be an excelent fight to see but Luminara is more in-tune with the Force. Very graceful when she fights. Unless she makes a mistake, and I can't see her ever making a mistake, she takes it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 07:03 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

True, but Quinlan has the edge as I said and possibly be able to tap some dark side power while fighting.

Vos was able to throw Agen Kolar around quite a lot, he perhaps could have killed him if he desired to, and a have doubts that Luminara is in Kolar's league, close, but not equal.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 12:58 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

Luminara Unduli is excellent. I believe that she can take on Agen Kolar Exanda Kane. After all Agen Kolar is a Shien Master, and Shien most of the time loses to Soresu. Still Unduli is more agile than Kolar. Back to the topic, I believe Vos wins because using Ataru he can jump around and break through Unduli's defensive shield. And if Unduli has some fear, Vos could use to strengthen himself (Light and Dark, "Fear is my ally" Quinlan Vos).

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:21 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Although I don't believe Luminara is in Kolar's league, lets not go off-topic.

I agree with what you say about Quinlan, although I think your thinking too inside the box; lightsaber styles that are more effective against others do not win by default. Vos wins on sheer principle against Luminara, he is more powerful than her etc.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:33 PM
-kV-

It's not just lightsaber styles, it's also using the Force. When Vos when to murder Senator Viento, he cloaked himself in the Force so K'kruhk wouldn't detect him. So he could do the same on Unduli. Also, didn't Vos threaten some people with Force Lightning??? And when you say sheer principle Exanda Kane, what do you mean? How good Vos is with the Force and a lightsaber tells how powerful he is.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:36 PM
exanda kane

Sheer principle as in his duelling ability (although lets not undermine Luminara) and his force use potentcy and efficiency in a fight.

When you were using lightsabers forms as a ways of proving who would win, I disagree. It helps of course, but in a fight there are so many variables that sometimes form is irrelevant, i.e. Anakin and Dooku in RotS.

I did not know that Vos threatened anyone with Force lightning and I would have expected him to know how to use it, let alone have the conviction to use it.

And although that ability worked on K'kruhk, I doubt it would work on a master of Luminara's ability and nor would it work in a straight fight.
K'kruhk was not expecting a dark jedi to attack Viento, so he wouldn't be on the look out for anyone with Vos' power or that ability.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:44 PM
-kV-

Yes, but if you realize some forms are just more powerful. For example, all of the Ataru vs. Vapaad fights Ataru wins (viz. Quinlan vs. Sora, Obi-Wan vs. Maul, Sidious vs. Mace). Still, that is not "inside the box" though. Plus couldn't Vos use some Vapaad on Unduli.

And I don't always use forms. Vos using his saber and the Force would beat Unduli but it will be close.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:48 PM
exanda kane

As I said Vos has the edge.

"Inside of the box" was just a phrase I used to describe it, its not a point in itself.

But in two of those fights mentioned, although Maul doesn't use Vapaad, things become very close. Maul was winning his fight against Obi-Wan and Mace was beating Palatine, although its debatable whether Sidious was faking etc., and its as if by luck or strange coincidence that these people losing become the victors, i.e. Obi-Wan was losing to maul, but one lucky slash and he one.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:54 PM
-kV-

If we're not considering it luck, then I guess Obi-Wan trusted the Force and that led him to win.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:57 PM
exanda kane

Of course, but thats the excuse Lucas uses for every loop whole in his damn saga.

You understand what I'm getting at though.

Well wee've agrred Vos would win, all we need now is someone coming in and disagreeing...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 03:05 PM
-kV-

I KNOW THIS IS REALLY OFF TOPIC: BUT CAN SOMEBODY REALLY HELP ME WITH A SIGNITURE? PLEASE, I AM TRYING NOT TO LOOK LIKE A NOOB!!!!! sad

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 08:34 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
True, but Quinlan has the edge as I said and possibly be able to tap some dark side power while fighting.

Vos was able to throw Agen Kolar around quite a lot, he perhaps could have killed him if he desired to, and a have doubts that Luminara is in Kolar's league, close, but not equal.

The dark side. Pfff. Obi-Wan has proven in his fight with Anakin/Vader that Soresu is more than a match for the dark side. If Vos were to use the dark side he wouldn't stand a chance.

Throw Agen around? If I remember correctly he was had to run to escape (although he had no choice cause he was really still a Jedi).

Luminara not in Kolar's league? Please, stop now. As if she wouldn't be able to block at least one swing from Sidious.

quote:
And if Unduli has some fear

I don't think she has any fear. She's pretty much the perfect Jedi.
quote:
all of the Ataru vs. Vapaad fights Ataru wins (viz. Quinlan vs. Sora, Obi-Wan vs. Maul, Sidious vs. Mace).

Maul didn't use Vaapad. And doesn't Vos use Makashi?

quote:
Still, that is not "inside the box" though. Plus couldn't Vos use some Vapaad on Unduli.

He knows one Vaapad move.
quote:
all we need now is someone coming in and disagreeing...

already happened, though if Quinlan does use Makashi perhaps he could win, it seems to be good against Soresu (ie. Dooku vs. Obi-Wan).

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 12:25 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Quin's a very good fighter....and he has used force lightning before...when fighting Volffe Karkko and torturing Pol Secura

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Sorry can't be bothered to reply lil' Mauly...maybe tomorrow I'll give you a run for your money...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 02:56 AM
-kV-

darthsith19 does have some good points. Yes, I am not saying Vos knows Vapaad, I am saying that he might know a move or two (don't know how much that helps). I presumed Maul used Vapaad, not sure. Wikipedia says so, BUT THEN AGAIN, it's not so reliable. Yes, under Dooku he (Vos) must have learned Makashi, but before that I believe he used Ataru. One, because during his training on Korriban he's jumping all over the place to avoid Tol Skorr. And one day when Vos's master Tholme had to go somewhere Vos trained with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, telling you he must have practiced Ataru. But in this case, he'll probably use Makashi. And no doubt that Kolar would lose to Unduli.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 01:24 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
Vos trained with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, telling you he must have practiced Ataru.

Just because he trained under Dooku doesn't mean he learned Makashi and just because he was training with Jinn and Kenobi for a day does not beat he knows Ataru. Yoda used Ataru. He trained Dooku. Dooku uses Makashi, not Ataru. He trained Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon uses Ataru, not Makashi. Obi-Wan uses Soresu. Anakin does not.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:51 PM
-kV-

Yes, you are right darthsith19, but for all those people there are reasons
in which I don't want to argue for (unless you want to know). But what is Vos's form than, if not Ataru or Makashi?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:58 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Master Vos
Yes, you are right darthsith19, but for all those people there are reasons
in which I don't want to argue for (unless you want to know). But what is Vos's form than, if not Ataru or Makashi?

I've looked around for it and as far as I can tell hwhat form he uses is unknown. If he uses Makashi I give this to Vos. If not Luminara wins.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 10:35 PM