KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader versus Asajj Ventress

Darth Vader versus Asajj Ventress
Started by: Dark Aristokrat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Darth Vader versus Asajj Ventress

Setting is in the Cloud City. Who wins?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I'm guessing OT Vader. Well, he has the physical power to beat her down, especially since she uses to blades. I think he'll be fast enough to blcok her attacks for long enough to kill her. Vader wins.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I don't think he's fast enough to contend with her, really. She could put up a fight for him when he was in prime form.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I don't know. I've been rewatching the OT fights and they move as fast as the PT guys a lot. I think Asajj's best chance is to try and get in fast and take him out quick, it a long fight, he'll will because he doesn't tire(at least I don't think he does, being a machine and all.)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I say Vader, though only just. As far as we know Asajj survived ROTS. She wants to get away from the war but now it's over and if Darth Sidious approached her and said he'd make her his apprentice if she beated Vader in a duel I'm sure she'd have been honored. But Sidious didn't approach her? Why? Cause Vader must be stronger.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:02 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Sidious probably thought she was dead, seeing as almost everyone else did.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:03 AM
calvs
Kommunist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
I say Vader, though only just. As far as we know Asajj survived ROTS. She wants to get away from the war but now it's over and if Darth Sidious approached her and said he'd make her his apprentice if she beated Vader in a duel I'm sure she'd have been honored. But Sidious didn't approach her? Why? Cause Vader must be stronger.

He didn't approach her cause:
1) He didn't know where she is, and thought she was dead.
2) He didn't anticipate vader gettin' deep fried

Back on topic though; Asajj would take this if it was suited vader, cause Vader is about agile as C-3PO. He also wouldn't be able to handle her double sabers. He had a hard time with her when he fought her just before ROTS, and suited vader is much weaker than ROTS Anakin.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:08 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Why does everyone think OT characters are so slow? They move rather fast, actually. Not as flashy as PT characters, but they can move their sabers as fast as OT characters.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:10 AM
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Why does everyone think OT characters are so slow? They move rather fast, actually. Not as flashy as PT characters, but they can move their sabers as fast as OT characters.

I meant he is slow cause is is 1/2 machine; it's like medieval knights in their armor.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:14 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I don't know. I've been rewatching the OT fights and they move as fast as the PT guys a lot. I think Asajj's best chance is to try and get in fast and take him out quick, it a long fight, he'll will because he doesn't tire(at least I don't think he does, being a machine and all.)

I just rewatched the whole OT and I still think that Asajj can tool Vader or Luke. Their speed isn't neccessarily comparable.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:18 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by calvin44
I meant he is slow cause is is 1/2 machine; it's like medieval knights in their armor.

Who could probably take a much faster Samurai. Even if Asajj get's in a hit, it won't necessarily kill him since Luke got a hit on him in ESB, but it was resisted by is armor. And there is the idea that Vader is just like GG, except more advanced. GG was certainly fast enough to deal with Asajj.

Then again, I admit to beinning a major OT Luke and Vader fan.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:30 AM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
1) He didn't know where she is, and thought she was dead.

Okay, he may have thought she was dead but do we have proof on this? As for knowing where she was, he hunted down nearly all the Jedi. If he put a huge bounty on her head, asking for her alive...

quote:

So the fastest combatants are the strongest? So then Master Obi-Wan pwns all? No, hell no, Mace eidn't move than fast in ROTS either but he's still good.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:31 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Okay, he may have thought she was dead but do we have proof on this? As for knowing where she was, he hunted down nearly all the Jedi. If he put a huge bounty on her head, asking for her alive...

They didn't hunt many down, most were killed during the first minute or two of the Purge. She wouldn't be the first to escape either.

So the fastest combatants are the strongest? So then Master Obi-Wan pwns all? No, hell no, Mace eidn't move than fast in ROTS either but he's still good.

Agreed. Power helps, especially against people who only have one hand on each saber.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:33 AM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Then again, I admit to beinning a major OT Luke and Vader fan.

Not me. I like Luke and Vader no better than I like Asajj.

quote:
They didn't hunt many down, most were killed during the first minute or two of the Purge. She wouldn't be the first to escape either.

But they did hunt some down, I'd guess at least a hundred. Anyways, Sidious is the Empire. he has lots of contacts. Jabba put a 250 thousand price on Solo's head and it was enough that, according to Greedo, every Bounty Hunter in the galaxy is looking for him. What was the price on the Devorian than Boba captured before retiring? Cause I know it was the largest bounty in the galaxy. Shadows of the Empire states than Vader's fortune's so but one could spend their whole life digging in it and never reach the bottom. It's only logical to assume Sidious's is at least as big. If he out, say, a 50 million credit bounty on Asajj alive she'd be found.

Last edited by darthsith19 on Jan 14th, 2006 at 04:40 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:36 AM
calvs
Kommunist

Vader wouldn't be fast enough to block her attacks.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:52 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Here's the response: Yes, he can!

Support? None.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:53 AM
calvs
Kommunist

Not me. I like Luke and Vader no better than I like Asajj.

But they did hunt some down, I'd guess at least a hundred. Anyways, Sidious is the Empire. he has lots of contacts. Jabba put a 250 thousand price on Solo's head and it was enough that, according to Greedo, every Bounty Hunter in the galaxy is looking for him. What was the price on the Devorian than Boba captured before retiring? Cause I know it was the largest bounty in the galaxy. Shadows of the Empire states than Vader's fortune's so but one could spend their whole life digging in it and never reach the bottom. It's only logical to assume Sidious's is at least as big. If he out, say, a 50 million credit bounty on Asajj alive she'd be found.

But he wouldnt, cause he thought she was dead, which Anakin and Dooku told him!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:54 AM
calvs
Kommunist

Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Here's the response: Yes, he can!

Support? None.

You talkin' to me?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:55 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Let me make this case SIMPLE.

Asajj has contended with Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto and Anakin numerous times. She has slain several jedi masters, a few of which weren't slouches in combat (Dark Rendezvoous). She is said on the Starwars.com databank as perfecting the two bladed style. She was a student of Dooku and a very cunning and deadly opponent.

Contrast this with limited mobility OT Vader, who cannot prevent Luke Skywalker from getting swift hits on him and who has not fought a dangerous opponent on Asajj's level in years. Vader suffers from decreased force powers, a limited saber style, and no real offensive powers above her own.

I find this pretty easily in Asajj's favor.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:59 AM
calvs
Kommunist

What we are saying is, Vader has arthritis.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:01 AM