KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Desann vs Darth Malak

Who wins
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Desann 3 27.27%
Darth Malak 8 72.73%
Stalemate 0 0%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Desann vs Darth Malak
Started by: Xepeyon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xepeyon
Dark Helmet

Desann vs Darth Malak

Round 1) Force Battle

Round 2) Lightasber Duel

Round 3) Both

I say Desann in all, especialy the Force battle.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Xepeyon a Private Message Find more posts by Xepeyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Desann regresses back into his kowakian monkey-lizard stage out of fear.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

If people think that Malak could have done as well as Desann did against Luke at the time of JO then yes he probably wins, but if not.....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 07:49 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Luke wasn't yet a demi-god in JO. It still remains hard to compare video-game characters, as many of the gameplay experiences revolving around them rely on the individual user. They had to make Desann tough enough to fend off Luke, otherwise Luke would have just killed him even before he boarded the Doomgiver. It was just a matter of keeping the story alive. I also noticed Luke wasn't even phased after fighting Desann, he just jumped away and looked regretful that Desann got away, but otherwise, not damaged.

Malak still wins though.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Desann could win this, but unlikely...I doubt Luke gave his all against Desann anyways, at that time, he was way too soft when fighting ex-students

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
Luke wasn't yet a demi-god in JO. It still remains hard to compare video-game characters, as many of the gameplay experiences revolving around them rely on the individual user. They had to make Desann tough enough to fend off Luke, otherwise Luke would have just killed him even before he boarded the Doomgiver. It was just a matter of keeping the story alive. I also noticed Luke wasn't even phased after fighting Desann, he just jumped away and looked regretful that Desann got away, but otherwise, not damaged.

Malak still wins though.

Luke was still good enough to beat DE Sidious, and this is some years AFTER DE. Also, you can't blame the plotline. I could say as well that Dooku could have killed Yoda in AOTC if it wasn't for plot necessarity...

Luke was afraid to meet Desann, he confessed this himself. When he attacked him Luke didn't even sense him coming. If you are afraid of someone you are not very likley to go easy on them. Kyle even mentioned to Luke at the end of the game, "you should have known it required a failed jedi to take out another failed jedi". Luke had really no reason to go gently on him, especially not since he was damn near to destroy Luke's academy.... Besides, Luke wasn't doing so well in that fight either, falling most of the time (this does not oftenly if at all happen when gameplay characters are fighting in a sword battle). Desann also laughs at him and tosses his lightsaber to buery him. Even IF Luke would not go all out, he would indeed try to stop him, and he failed miserably. Luke by this time would pwn Malak.
Of course if this is normal Desann he does not win, but JO in the end(when he has visited the valley of the jedi) he probably takes it.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 09:19 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Luke had no reason to go easy on Brakiss and Kueller either, both of whom were remarkably similar to Desann....and Kueller was far stronger...I doubt Luke was afraid to meet Desann because he was scared to fight him, that's totally and completely OOC for Luke

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

OOC?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 10:21 PM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Saboteur
Utinni!

Originally posted by DE Luke
OOC?
OOC is "Out of Character".

Disclaimer: We do not condone mod bashing. And there will be no lol'ing from us unless there's a perfectly decent reason for it.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Lord Saboteur a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Saboteur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Luke had no reason to go easy on Brakiss and Kueller either, both of whom were remarkably similar to Desann....and Kueller was far stronger...I doubt Luke was afraid to meet Desann because he was scared to fight him, that's totally and completely OOC for Luke

He said it himself. No one knows better what Luke is afraid of than himself. Probably bad plot line for JO but it is still happened. Luke would probably been able to kill him in their duel (cause I think he was unprepared for the meeting), but I do belive that Malak would be an easier target than Desann.
Even before Desann went to the valley and gained hundres if not thousands (more or less than either) powers from different force users, he was able to fling his hand and a huge pillar collapsed. That was even more than Count Dooku showed in AOTC (not arguing that he is better force wise, but it was a more incredible feat he performed). So I think with the valley of the jedi Desann would prevail over Malak....

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 10:57 PM
Lightsnake

Was Luke afraid to face Desann for his power or because Desann was a great failure of his?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 11:19 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Power definently. His own comment, "If you run into Desann, don't try to take him on alone, now that he has been through the valley of the jedi he is more powerfull than ever". Then after Kyle sees Luke fighting Desann alone. "I thought you said we shouldn't go against him alone.....
I didn't have a choice, I didn't even sense him coming".

If Luke wanted him and Kyle to go together then it is pretty clear that Luke needed Kyle, not risking Kyle's life if he could easily take him alone.....

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 11:38 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The warning wasn't for Kyle alone but also himself. Desann was a powerful Dark Jedi before gaining power at the Valley of the Jedi. I would have to say that Luke and Kyle in Jedi Outcast are about even or Kyle a bit better due to him taking power from the Valley.

Also there is no canon version on how Kyle killed Desann. It could have been a straight up saber fight or Kyle knocked a pillar down on him. We will never know.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 12:10 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yeah I was about to say that. We never see Desann's full body when he is dead. There are multiple choices you can take during the fight. Either the beam that makes you invinsible for a short duration, or knocking down the giant pillars on him. If you watch closley when you can see a little of Desann's body, you can see that a pillar which was there before is crushed, and the machine that was used for that invinsibility is active. (Not beaming but turned up from the ground).

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 12:24 AM
Lightsnake

Definitely power? This IS Luke we're talking about. It's not inconcievable Luke'd fear to face Desann as his first major failure, considering he was the same in regards to Brakiss, and Luke's not a man afraid to face people when they might be stronger than him.

Luke's also been shown to hold back heavily against his students...Brakiss for example

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 12:24 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Luke said himself he did not want to face him alone. Luke said the reason was that he was more powerful than ever. Luke never even tried to convert Desann, he didn't say a word to him.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 12:35 AM
Lightsnake

I'm just saying it's odd and I'm putting Kueller as stronger than Desann and Luke was able to face him ...I really doubt Desann is so strong as to stand against Luke when he goes all out

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 12:59 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I'm taking Luke's word on this. He didn't want to face Desann and he didn't try to convert him.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 01:13 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xepeyon
Dark Helmet

Would Luke hold back if it meant the lives of his friends, family, students - or even for the sake of the entire galaxy? Of course not! Desann HAD to be stopped no matter what. When Vader just MENTIONED tuning Leia to the Dark Side, Luke went all-out on his own father. Desann threatened billions even Trillions of lives - including Leia, Han, Kyp, Mara, Kyle, and himself. Holding back would be dooming the galaxy.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Xepeyon a Private Message Find more posts by Xepeyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Kueller and Brakiss were threats to the entire Academy, Kueller was a threat to Leia as well...he held back on both counts

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 01:30 AM