KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Anakin and ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi versus Darth Revan and Darth Malak

Duel
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dark Lords 15 88.24%
Jedi Knights 2 11.76%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTS Anakin and ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi versus Darth Revan and Darth Malak
Started by: zephiel7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zephiel7

ROTS Anakin and ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi versus Darth Revan and Darth Malak

Can these two Jedi from ROTS defeat the Dark Lords of the Sith from KOTOR?

Cast thy votes.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 12:28 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blax XXX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revan and Malak, easily.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Blax XXX a Private Message Find more posts by Blax XXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Either one alone might be able to take this duo - Malak is even with Dooku, so he probably couldn't since Dooku wasn't able to but Revan, being a bit stronger than Dooku or Malak, stands a good chance against this duo alone. Either way, this is overkill.
Malak vs. Obi-Wan = Malak
Revan vs. Anakin = Revan

or

Malak vs. Anakin = Could go either way
Revan vs. Obi-Wan = Revan pwns him with the Force in 3 seconds
Revan and Malak vs. Anakin = Anakin gets owned

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 04:52 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pointless thread, Revan and Malak.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What he^ said.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

It is, but I wanted to see what people would actually say big grin

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 09:06 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PurpleSaber
Vaapad Master

Revan and Malak would easily win.

I'm so proud of myself. I made my own sig! stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:54 PM
Click here to Send PurpleSaber a Private Message Find more posts by PurpleSaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Ah yes, Revan and Malak win easily despite fighting "the most powerful Jedi of his generation" ("perhaps of any generation") and the Soresu master.

Tell me - what form and Force powers will our esteemed Darth Unknown be using in this fight? I'd argue Anakin could take Malak (as he's compared to be on level with Dooku) within a minute. However I'd put Revan above Dooku anyways, so he'd probably eliminate Kenobi. Which leaves it to Revan/Anakin, and really - I'm not going to say who'd win for sure; though I'd lean towards Revan.

As well, Revan could not take the duo alone. That's a pretty ridiculous assertion.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh nobody said Revan could take the Duo alone, at least nobody intelligent. But I definitely would not take Anakin over a far more powerful and experienced Malak. Revan's team would win either way.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

quote:
Ah yes, Revan and Malak win easily despite fighting "the most powerful Jedi of his generation" ("perhaps of any generation") and the Soresu master.

You are forgetting that Revan and Malak were the strongest force users and saber duelists of their time as well. A far more militant time as well.

Did Obi Wan’s Soresu mastery save him from being pwned by Dooku more than once?

quote:
Tell me - what form and Force powers will our esteemed Darth Unknown be using in this fight?

Hmm, let’s see, Revan was able to call lightning from the sky to slaughter his opponents, and was also capable of defeating another Sith Lord empowered by the legendary Star Forge (a machine that was said in KOTOR to enhance the abilities of any Sith Lord powerful enough to wield it.) He was praised for his power by an exceptional force user and also from an unbiased source. Before you call Traya a biased “hag” (as people who do not like evidence usually do), consider that she was one of the most impartial characters in KOTOR. For what reason, would she unduly praise Revan?)

Logical speculation: There were secrets at Malachor five that inspired Traya to develop her instantkill technique. I do not recall Anakin EVER having such a large knowledge base. Revan and Malak had THIS, AND whatever knowledge remained at Korriban.

quote:
I'd argue Anakin could take Malak (as he's compared to be on level with Dooku) within a minute.

Any basis for this? Proof that Anakin can somehow defeat Malak? Malak defeated the weapon master of KOTOR times, Kavar (who is likened to Mace Windu), who fought SEVERAL Dark Jedi, fought in two subsequent wars, and survived raiding parties operated by Nihilus and Sion. This was the same master duelist that was trained and raised in a militant Jedi order.

Last edited by zephiel7 on Jul 18th, 2006 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 10:41 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with that post although I have noticed your particular love for Revan.. It makes sense though. Comparing Anakin and Malak doesn't.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 10:48 PM
Advent
Just Leaving

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zephiel7
You are forgetting that Revan and Malak were the strongest force users and saber duelists of their time as well.

And...? Exar Kun was the strongest Force user of his time, too. So was Marka Ragnos. So was [OT] Palpatine. Not to mention we don't know how someone like Revan would fare against Nihilus, but whatever my point was: do you have a point?

quote:
A far more militant time as well.

Yes, more militant. Too bad for your side of the argument that Anakin was the "Best of the Golden Age of the Jedi" in saber dueling (because that is what Lucas was referring to saber dueling).

quote:
Did Obi Wan’s Soresu mastery save him from being pwned by Dooku more than once?

Did Revan's awesome unknown powers (of which you've still yet to name) save him from getting knocked out by a computer? It sure as hell saved Kenobi from a four lightsaber swinging monstrosity named General Grievous, who was capable of defeating seven Jedi at once.

quote:
Hmm, let’s see, Revan was able to call lightning from the sky to slaughter his opponents,

Okay, so Darth Raiden can use Force lightning. What happened when Dooku tried to use Force lightning on Obi-Wan?

quote:
and was also capable of defeating another Sith Lord empowered by the legendary Star Forge

Oh wow. That answers my original question. What form and what Force powers does he have? Force lightning has been shown to be blocked (demonstrated by one of the combatants), so his Mortal Kombat skills won't be the end all solution here.

quote:
(a machine that was said in KOTOR to enhance the abilities of any Sith Lord powerful enough to wield it.)

Yeah, tell me something I haven't heard repeated three hundred sixty five times. How much does it enhance the user exactly again?

quote:
He was praised for his power by an exceptional force user and also from an unbiased source.

And Anakin was praised by about twenty "exceptional force users and also from an unbiased source". As I originally said: do you have a point?

quote:
Before you call Traya

Traya is a biased hag...

quote:
a biased “hag”

Oops! Too late. stick out tongue

quote:
consider that she was one of the most impartial characters in KOTOR. For what reason, would she unduly praise Revan?)

"Revan is the Heart of the Force." - Traya on Revan.

Yes, because without Revan the Force would really die or become weakened. Please. Claiming Traya is not a biased source is pretty hilarious considering her thoughts on Revan.

quote:
Logical speculation: There were secrets at Malachor five that inspired Traya to develop her instantkill technique. I do not recall Anakin EVER having such a large knowledge base. Revan and Malak had THIS, AND whatever knowledge remained at Korriban.

Sadly, there's no proof that Revan has an instakill (or what powers he even learned there), and because of that - I don't see how it's applicable. Yoda himself had quite the knowledge base, so did Sidious - are they invincible or out of Anakin's league now too?

quote:
Any basis for this?

Well, if you want to ignore the fact Anakin is the strongest Jedi of his generation, save for Yoda because he's going to die in twenty years anyways, then no - there's no basis for it.

quote:
Proof that Anakin can somehow defeat Malak?

What the hell? Do you have any real proof that Malak can beat Anakin?

Here, I'll respond to your comments with their equivalents (but with more info.):

quote:
Malak defeated the weapon master of KOTOR times, Kavar (who is likened to Mace Windu), who fought SEVERAL Dark Jedi,

Anakin defeated Dooku (who is likened to Mace Windu); who fought SEVERAL Jedi (and I'd be willing to put those Jedi on a higher pedestal than the no name DJ that Kavar defeated).

But let me bring it back and focus on Anakin who defeated a few Dark Jedi himself, and Cin Drallig - you know - Cin Drallig, the Battlemaster of PT era. He defeated Cin while doing what? Like fighting him with one arm and killing two of his padawans [Whie and Bene], too? And killing Serra Keto on top of that.

quote:
fought in two subsequent wars, and survived raiding parties operated by Nihilus and Sion.

And? Do you know how strong those "raiding parties" were? Or even what exactly happened?

quote:
This was the same master duelist that was trained and raised in a militant Jedi order.

And Dooku was the same master duelist who used the lightsaber to lightsaber form, and was trained in "The Golden Age of Jedi", and was able to bring down two Jedi masters with ease. This is also Anakin who's the most powerful of his generation, defeated Durge, Ventress, Dooku, Cin (while fighting two others), and Jedi younglings.

To even argue that Anakin isn't in the same league as Revan or Malak is being illogical, zephiel.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Last edited by Advent on Jul 18th, 2006 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I agree with that post although I have noticed your particular love for Revan.. It makes sense though. Comparing Anakin and Malak doesn't.

How do you notice my love for Revan? Have you been here before?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:42 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

To Zeph, I have read articles referring to Revan, and I've always seen you sticking up for him no matter what, notice how I said "noticed" as in just now..
To Sama, where in the world was ANakin referred to as the best lightsaber duelist? He at best on par or a notch below Mace, and NOT on par with Yoda.. SO where is this info?
Comparing Revan's force lightning which looked like a miniature force storm from the sky and Dooku's half assed sith lightning, doesn't work since they appear to be two different things, or one is a more powerful version of the other. Then a bunch of stuff I don't really care about and then the fact that again, Revan was unmatched in his time, while Yoda was stalemated in his time. What does that say? Not much really except that Revan would possibly be>Sidious and Yoda but not by much, and that for the last time him defeating a star force powered Malak(and the lives of 8 jedi) is a true testament to his power and shows a hell of a lot more than Anakin has shown..

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:46 PM
Advent
Just Leaving

To Sama, where in the world was ANakin referred to as the best lightsaber duelist?

This is Anakin Skywalker:
The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace. He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it.
- Revenge of the Sith novel by Matthew Stover.

quote:
He at best on par or a notch below Mace, and NOT on par with Yoda.. SO where is this info?

Didn't I make it clear that it doesn't include Yoda considering he dies within some twenty years?

quote:
Comparing Revan's force lightning which looked like a miniature force storm from the sky

Where exactly did we see this?

quote:
and Dooku's half assed sith lightning, doesn't work since they appear to be two different things, or one is a more powerful version of the other. Then a bunch of stuff I don't really care about and then the fact that again,

[QUOTE]Revan was unmatched in his time,

So was Exar Kun, so was Marka Ragnos - as I've said to zephiel: did you have a point?

quote:
while Yoda was stalemated in his time. What does that say? Not much really except that Revan would possibly be>Sidious and Yoda but not by much,

quote:
and that for the last time him defeating a star force powered Malak(and the lives of 8 jedi) is a true testament to his power and shows a hell of a lot more than Anakin has shown..

Firstly, I wasn't comparing Revan to Anakin. I was comparing Malak. Secondly, Anakin being able to defeat the top dogs of the era (Dooku, Cin, Asajj, etc.) is a true testament to his power. Add to the fact he's the strongest in "The Golden Age of Jedi", and that's also a testament.

And excuse me, but what else has Revan shown us...or rather what else is there to parade around other than "z0mg h3 be4t th3 jawless wonder!!//eleven".

And a mistake that's too late to fix but I said:

quote:
who was capable of defeating seven Jedi at once.

I meant to say five Jedi.

Last edited by Advent on Jul 19th, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:58 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

First of all Revan is the coolest looking. Second of all, how is Anakin the strongest jedi ANY generation much less his? Considering he was on par or below Mace, and below Yoda, and Sidious. That would pretty much contradict that nonsense what's his name wrote in the novel?

Are you saying the Rakatans didn't see lightning coming from the sky?
And I guess you think Anakin defeating Dooku is somehow more thrilling than Revan defeating dark Jedi, and a super powered Malak? Hmmm. Also I believe that this description of ANakin is talking about nothing more than his potential, because that description itself actually contradicts the fact that he has at least 2-3 people more powerful than him.

Last edited by Dr McBeefington on Jul 19th, 2006 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 12:03 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

First of all Revan is the coolest looking.

Irrelevant, but for the record - Ysanne Isard is the coolest looking.

quote:
Second of all, how is Anakin the strongest jedi ANY generation much less his?

It says "perhaps of any generation", not that he is.

quote:
Considering he was on par or below Mace, and below Yoda, and Sidious.

Yoda was to die in twenty years as I've said. That isn't his generation. It's certainly Mace Windu's though.

quote:
That would pretty much contradict that nonsense what's his name wrote in the novel?

What? No. It's pretty clear that Yoda isn't of that generation (considering his age), and what other "nonsense" are you talking about exactly?

quote:
Are you saying the Rakatans didn't see lightning coming from the sky?

I'd suspect a primitive race would interpret magical powers unseen for millenia that way.

quote:
And I guess you think Anakin defeating Dooku is somehow more thrilling than Revan defeating dark Jedi,

How many Dark Jedi did Revan defeat again? How did he defeat them again? How much help did he have again? Please, that's gameplay, Sexy. And I'd submit Anakin defeating the more powerful Force users (and non-Force users) of the era is far more impressive than a few measly no name Dark Jedi.

quote:
and a super powered Malak? Hmmm. Also I believe that this description of ANakin is talking about nothing more than his potential, because that description itself actually contradicts the fact that he has at least 2-3 people more powerful than him.

Yes, it's clearly talking about potential, Sexy. Even though it makes it perfectly clear that [currently] Anakin is the main aspect of the description.

Also the fact there isn't even mention of what he can become (but what he is) tells me that it's talking about Anakin in the "now".

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 12:21 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

AH so what exactly would you call it what the Rakatan's saw? I doubt youre trying to diminish Revan as a character but I just want to know what it is YOU think they saw?

And again I am asking you, if they do describe Anakin as the most powerful of this generation, that would put him above Mace, and Sidious no? Hardly the case here. And again who was the most powerful force user Anakin had defeated? Dooku? Revan defeated Bastilla who was powerful in her own way, and a super powered Malak which by any means>Dooku..

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 12:26 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

AH so what exactly would you call it what the Rakatan's saw? I doubt youre trying to diminish Revan as a character but I just want to know what it is YOU think they saw?

...Force lightning? Give me the exact quote if you would. And no, I'm not diminishing Revan's powers - I'm simply stating the logical explanation for why it would be nothing more than Force lightning, which was:

quote:
I'd suspect a primitive race would interpret magical powers unseen for millenia that way.

quote:
And again I am asking you, if they do describe Anakin as the most powerful of this generation, that would put him above Mace, and Sidious no? Hardly the case here.

How? You yourself admitted Anakin could be on par with Mace.

quote:
And again who was the most powerful force user Anakin had defeated? Dooku? Revan defeated Bastilla who was powerful in her own way, and a super powered Malak which by any means>Dooku..

Yes, I suppose his one defeat of Malak (of which I've yet to hear by how much the Star Forge increases one's power) puts Revan above everyone. May I remind you that you don't know if Revan was getting his ass whooped and got in a lucky shot a la Obi-Wan, only that it was an "epic" battle (so was Anakin/Obi-Wan's ROTS duel, but Obi-Wan had a lucky streak there).

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 12:38 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're right we don't know but the simple fact that Revan was declared as ALWAYS more powerful than Malak, and Malak himself claimed that Revan was more powerful than he was during his reign as Dark Lord, we can infer from this that Revan was just too powerful for even a superpowered Malak. And as for quantifying Malak's power with the SF, he was described as unstoppable. Now whether or not Malak=Dooku is confirmed, I think it is reasonable to say a SF powered Malak>Dooku..

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 12:42 AM