KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Asajj vs. Qui Gon

Asajj vs. Qui Gon
Started by: jollyjim311

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Asajj vs. Qui Gon

This is TPM Qui Gon and Obsession Asajj.

Setting: Kamino Platforms.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 09:40 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

I can see her besting him. Whilst Jinn is a formidable opponent, she might just be a little too much for him to handle. Ventress seems to favour going on the offensive, and that seems to be Ataru's weakness.

She's also in the league of people like Anakin or Kenobi. I can see her defeating him.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yeah, I'd put her around Maul's level of swordsmanship.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 10:32 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

He pwns her through sheer badassery because he is Liam Nelson and she is just and ugly bald chick.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deus Venèficus
He pwns her through sheer badassery because he is Liam Nelson and she is just and ugly bald chick.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liam Nelson? I ought to kick your ass right out of here... stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Haha.

Well, if Asajj can't keep her defense up, Qui Gon will take her out. Qui Gon can enter a kind of trance where he just goes crazy. According to the TPM novel, Qui Gon is the best duelist Obi Wan has ever seen and has skills to rival Mace's. Either way, I think it would be a good fight, and, I'm tempted to say Qui Gon. It might (and probably is) be biased, though, because I recently read the TPM novel and I just like Qui Gon more.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 02:52 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Qui-Gon's age and the restriction of the space around him played a part in his defeat. If this is Qui-Gon in his prime, and they are fighting in a wide open area where Assaj can't throw anything at him, I can see him taking this fight, though barely. However, this is not Qui-Gon in his prime, and this is pretty much Assaj in her prime. The location will play against Qui-Gon, as the rain will make it extremely slippery. I can see Qui-Gon putting up a fight, but he will definately lose.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Council#13
The location will play against Qui-Gon, as the rain will make it extremely slippery.

Uh? How would it work against Qui-Gon alone? It'd affect both of them.

I'd say Ventress wins after a difficult fight for reasons already stated (in Asajj's favor that is).

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Ataru uses big jumps and stuff, right? Try jumping, landing, all the while fending off an insane enemy. Difficult? It would affect both, true, but Qui-Gon more because of his fighting style.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Council#13
Ataru uses big jumps and stuff, right? Try jumping, landing, all the while fending off an insane enemy. Difficult? It would affect both, true, but Qui-Gon more because of his fighting style.

When have we seen Qui-Gon jumping around like a cricket exactly?

In TPM, the most dazzling thing he tried to do was jump down on Maul. I don't think he uses Ataru like a circus act, at least from what he displayed. Asajj, however, gives Obi-Wan a damn ninja jump kick!

Either way, doesn't matter - I'd say if it is raining, it'll be an equal disadvantage, but Qui-Gon still loses anyway.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Originally posted by Advent

In TPM, the most dazzling thing he tried to do was jump down on Maul. I don't think he uses Ataru like a circus act, at least from what he displayed. Asajj, however, gives Obi-Wan a damn ninja jump kick!

Either way, doesn't matter - I'd say if it is raining, it'll be an equal disadvantage, but Qui-Gon still loses anyway.

He did a 360*, and then went to strike at Maul's legs!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:25 AM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blax XXX
Restricted

Account Restricted

He uses Ataru much in the way that Sidious does. Remember, there's more to Ataru then just jumping and flipping.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Blax XXX a Private Message Find more posts by Blax XXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archangelysses

Qui Gon lost to Maul due to Ataru needing room to manuevre which he did not have.

If you Notice, Qui Gon had Maul on the back foot until they entered that area.

However, Assajj trained under Tyranus, but so did Qui Gon, so he would know his old Master's Style and be prepared for it.

The setting allows Qui Gon his freedom to move, the platforms even though slippery may not play a part, as form iv uses the force to assist the fighter in his acrobatics, which could also mean he may have a better chance at staying standing rather than assaj.

Qui Gon was hailed as one of the best duelists in the Jedi Order. He had a vastly greater knowledge of the force (as shown by his ability to become one with the force and return), had been trained by both Dooku and Yoda. Had already bested a Dark Jedi in his second apprentice. He was also not as prone to follow the exact Jedi code making him a more unpredictable battle.

Assaj was only ever a dark jedi basically, she was never a sith lord and was never taught sith ways. Qui Gon was an accomplished, respected and powerful Jedi Master that only due to his "Maverick" approach stopped him twice from having a seat on the council.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Archangelysses a Private Message Find more posts by Archangelysses Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

So Qui Gon was restricted in space, but Maul wasn't?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 02:39 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by Advent

True, we did not see any amazing flips on Qui-Gon's part in TPM. However, that may be due to the fact that Liam Neeson is simply to old or inflexible to do any flips. And if Qui-Gon doesn't do any flips from comics or books or whatever, where is the proof that he uses Ataru?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 02:48 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Asajj wins, Qui-Gon's very strong, perhaps stronger than Asajj with the Force but Asajj is definately Qui-Gon's superior in lightsaber combat. Generally people see Obsession Asajj as being on par with Darth Maul. I think between Asajj and Qui-Gon it'd be even for about 2 minutes but then Qui-Gon would get tired and Asajj'd slaughter him.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 03:02 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity
Big Boss

hmm actually my friends. assaj wasnt trained by dooku. didnt u see clone wars ?? she was found by dooku. she was using twin sabers. she was chosen by him. she pursued ani. ani found her. slaughtered her end of story.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

quote:
Qui Gon lost to Maul due to Ataru needing room to manuevre which he did not have.

No, he lost to Maul because Maul was simply superior. "But on this day, he had met his match. The Sith Lord he battled with Obi - Wan was more than his equal in weapons training". Nothing suggests that Qui-Gon lost due to Ataru "needing room" (and where does this come from anyways?), and to think that Darth Maul didn't need room is ridiculous. He uses Juyo, which stems from Ataru and Djem So, adding to the fact he's got a double bladed lightsaber, ergo it's 2x bigger than a normal lightsaber, and will require a hell of a lot more room than Qui-Gon would.

quote:
If you Notice, Qui Gon had Maul on the back foot until they entered that area.

If you notice, this was Darth Maul's plan from the very beginning. He was trying to separate Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, not because he couldn't defeat them simultaneously (the novel supports that), but simply because it was the smarter, and easier route to take. And either way, what does this have to do with anything? He was getting owned while he was in the Naboo Hanger as well.

quote:
However, Assajj trained under Tyranus, but so did Qui Gon, so he would know his old Master's Style and be prepared for it.

Since when do Dooku and Asajj have the same forms? Double lightsaber to single lightsaber anyone? Ventress does not use the same form as Dooku, she doesn't fight like Dooku either. Your point collapses.

quote:
The setting allows Qui Gon his freedom to move, the platforms even though slippery may not play a part, as form iv uses the force to assist the fighter in his acrobatics, which could also mean he may have a better chance at staying standing rather than assaj.

All Jedi use the Force to assist them. He doesn't have a better chance than Asajj, in fact, he is at a disadvantage. Against Darth Maul, he got exhausted until he meditated, Darth Maul was described as "having the advantage of being younger and stronger", and his speed kept Qui-Gon at bay. Asajj is faster than Qui-Gon, she's younger than Qui-Gon - she has that advantage. Basically, this point collapses - he doesn't have a better chance.

quote:
Qui Gon was hailed as one of the best duelists in the Jedi Order.

And? Practically everyone is described as being "one of the best" in the Jedi Order. Dooku, Mace, even Agen Kolar, Saesee Tinn, and Kit Fisto are described as "four of the best best swords beings". I fail to see how this really accounts for that much. I mean seriously, you can be "one of the best" anything if you aren't the worst. He's one of the best out of how many? 10? 20? 100? 3000? 100,000?

quote:
He had a vastly greater knowledge of the force (as shown by his ability to become one with the force and return),

So, because he became a Force ghost, he has greater knowledge? I guess Qu Rahn > everybody in the Force too, then? I'm not doubting he has a greater knowledge (vastly is an overstatement), but the point is - how is that going to help him?

We haven't seen him demonstrate anything impressive with the Force. A Force push? Yeah? But how is that going to save him when Asajj does the same? How did his "vastly greater knowledge of the force (as shown by his ability to become one with the Force" save him against Darth Maul? It didn't.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 05:51 AM
Infinity
Big Boss

assaj and dooku didnt use the same style and she didnt train under him. qui gon wins.. guys this is easy

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote