KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader verus Durge

Darth Vader verus Durge
Started by: zephiel7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zephiel7

Darth Vader verus Durge

Who wins?

They are fighting on Mustafasar.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 06:50 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Darth Grenadier wins. Is this pre-suit Vader? Or post-suit? And if post-suit, I can only assume OT?

Anyways, post-suit Vader isn't as agile as his Jedi counterpart, however, he still is quite agile as seen in a flashback of Crimson Empire. If I do remember right (and I do), that did help Anakin in his fight with Durge, but that doesn't matter as much as the fact Vader can just toss Durge into the lava, in which I can only assume the Gen'Dai dies. He has a lot of metal, droids, and scraps that he can throw at Durge to weaken him first. Much like he did in his original fight. Plus, I'm sure it'd be easier given he's now even better command over the Force.

So, as I said, Vader wins. Keep in mind, I was just operating under the assumption it's OT Vader.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Last edited by Advent on Sep 4th, 2006 at 07:02 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:00 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Advent
Darth Grenadier wins. Is this pre-suit Vader? Or post-suit? And if post-suit, I can only assume OT?

Anyways, post-suit Vader isn't as agile as his Jedi counterpart, however, he still is quite agile as seen in a flashback of Crimson Empire. If I do remember right (and I do), that did help Anakin in his fight with Durge, but that doesn't matter as much as the fact Vader can just toss Durge into the lava, in which I can only assume the Gen'Dai dies. He has a lot of metal, droids, and scraps that he can throw at Durge to weaken him first. Much like he did in his original fight. Plus, I'm sure it'd be easier given he's now even better command over the Force.

So, as I said, Vader wins. Keep in mind, I was just operating under the assumption it's OT Vader.

Yup its OT Vader. I personally think Durge does not stand a chance.

Maybe I made the battle a little onesided, putting them on Mustafasar and all... But I agree with the fact that he could simply throw Durge into a pool of lava with his better command of the force.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:04 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Vader could make his head pop

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 09:09 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

whos durge, sry for asking a dumb qestion

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 11:20 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

That guy that Obi-Wan 'killed' on Muunilist.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 11:50 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Vader would collapse his armor in on him and shove him under the lava. Durge can stand lava, but, i doubt for a long period of time. If he even did live, he wouldn't be in fighting condition. Vader would win.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 01:36 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Smart

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Vader destroys Durge.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 01:57 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Durge does have a jet pack to fly away from the lava with. DV could of course crush that as easily, though I think Durge would survive lava for a while. He could be blown apart and still come back to life. But he'd be very worn out, and if Darth could weaken him so much as Anakin did on that cruiser, then toss him in the lava again, I doubt he'd get up. It would require tactics for DV to win, but he is quite formidable at those...

Just on a side note, there is something I have been wondering about, and I don't like to make one question threads....
Why did Grievous say "Army or not, you must realize, you are doomed", when he already had gotten his ass kicked by Obi in half a minute? Was it just to intimidate him or some other reason?

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 05:16 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TBJ
High

Intimidation.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 05:24 PM
Click here to Send TBJ a Private Message Find more posts by TBJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

K, thought so. It's pretty stupid though, Obi kicked his ass when he had 4 lightsabers and was surrounded by an army, then when Obi's army arrives and Grievous has lost two of his hands he is saying he has the high ground of the fight....

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 05:45 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

As was already stated, Vader could use the Force to push Durge into the lava. That might kill Durge, but without the lava Vader'd lose.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 08:51 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Durge wouldn't be prepared for Vader. He has fought Jedi, but, I doubt he's fought anyone that would use outward attacks like crushes and the like.

On a side note: Durge has choked a Jedi in lava before.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 11:53 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
As was already stated, Vader could use the Force to push Durge into the lava. That might kill Durge, but without the lava Vader'd lose.

and couldn't Vader without the lava push the force inwards crushing durge? or use force grip to hold him in place then a lightsaber throw?

note in a choke you are immobilised, ur hands still can move but ur body stays still and Vader simply throws his saber

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 02:14 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

How would that help? Durge has been BLOWN UP INTO PIECES, and yet he has still come back to life, and sabers doesn't do him any damage at all on the long run, he cannot die by them. And apparently he can resist lava as well, as Jollyjim said. I'd say Durge takes this now....

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 03:33 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

I think he could resist lava for a brief moment, but, for any extended period of time in there, he'd be in no condition to fight afterwords. Vader has the raw force power and control to crush him, and keep him under that lava.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:08 AM