KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Asajj Ventress vs (ROTJ) Luke

Asajj Ventress vs (ROTJ) Luke
Started by: playa1258

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Asajj Ventress vs (ROTJ) Luke

Who wins. This is Ventress when she fought Padawan Anakin.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 03:17 AM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Asajj from when she fights Padawan Anakin. eh? That's only 4 months into the war. Luke likely takes her but not easily. Now, if this was Obsession Asajj...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 03:40 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Luke, but not easily.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 07:06 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

I'm positive that Obsession Asajj is stronger than the Asajj that was introduced in the Clone Wars miniseries, but do we have any idea how much stronger?

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 01:18 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13
I'm positive that Obsession Asajj is stronger than the Asajj that was introduced in the Clone Wars miniseries, but do we have any idea how much stronger?

Well, Asajj in the first six months of the war:
- Was owned by Dooku in a duel.
- Stood no chance against Macve Windu even though Mace Windu wasn't trying to kil her (he wasnted to capture her for interrogation)
- Was pretty exactly even with Anakin (4 months after AOTC)

vs.

Obsession Asajj:
- Was actually besting Anakin (30 months after AOTC, 6 before ROTS) until Anakin used the Dark Side.
- Was able to give Kenobi a good fight in this same comic.
- Has bested J'ai Maruk (pretty strong Jedi) and Kit Fisto (one year after AOTC).

So she seems to progress about on the level of Anakin, perhaps slightly less but about the same. That should tell you how much stronger she is in Obsession than in the first few months of the war.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:42 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader11

Luke may win.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 06:44 PM
Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I am positive Luke will win but I think after a long battle.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 07:21 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by darthsith19
Well, Asajj in the first six months of the war:
- Was owned by Dooku in a duel.
- Stood no chance against Macve Windu even though Mace Windu wasn't trying to kil her (he wasnted to capture her for interrogation)
- Was pretty exactly even with Anakin (4 months after AOTC)

vs.

Obsession Asajj:
- Was actually besting Anakin (30 months after AOTC, 6 before ROTS) until Anakin used the Dark Side.
- Was able to give Kenobi a good fight in this same comic.
- Has bested J'ai Maruk (pretty strong Jedi) and Kit Fisto (one year after AOTC).

So she seems to progress about on the level of Anakin, perhaps slightly less but about the same. That should tell you how much stronger she is in Obsession than in the first few months of the war.

Okay, point well taken. Thanks.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 14th, 2007 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithlord1138
Halo 3 fanatic

Luke will take it

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 06:12 AM
Click here to Send sithlord1138 a Private Message Find more posts by sithlord1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AnakinNihilus

Luke will take it? What are you smoking?

He’s a neophyte Padawan with no more than a few months worth of rushed Jedi training under his belt. He’s not just raw, he’s incredibly inexperienced. His force powers at this point, from what we’ve seen, are paltry. About the best we’ve seen him do is mind trick a couple of Gamorrean bodyguards, and when you consider the fact that the Gammorrean’s, as a species, are incredibly weak minded, well let’s just say that’s not much of an achievement.

His skills with a lightsaber aren’t so hot either. Before he stepped into the arena with daddy he had no experience whatsoever dueling. And even after contesting him twice Luke still swings his blade around like a blind kid trying to hit a home run.

Considering the limited amount of training Luke had he was a very skilled individual, I’ll admit, but he was still wouldn’t have beat Ventress, no matter how much potential he has in him.

The fact is that even before Dooku, one of the best galaxies best swordsmen, took her under his wing, she had already received some training. When she was first introduced to the Sith, and it’s important to remember that this was before she gained the invaluable experience that came from war, both Dooku and Sidious were impressed by her skills with a lightsaber. Now you can imagine that if there were ever two people that were hard to impress then it was the Sith Lord and his apprentice.

And that was before she had fought Kenobi or Skywalker. Fighting them would have only increased her talents. These two of course weren’t the only two Jedi she battled.

Taking into consideration how long she lived in a period when people were dropping like flies, the Clone Wars, you have to imagine that not only was she exceptionally proficient before the conflict, but that afterwards she had become something of a powerhouse.

Ventress has almost three years of war experience, time spent fighting on the front lines. Luke has twice dueled a cripple. And although he was admittedly a fairly talented cripple he had no desire to kill Luke. Besides that he managed outsmarted a Wampa and fought off a few of Jabba the Hutt’s goons. So how on earth does Luke take this?

As much as I like Luke I think it’s fairly obvious that Ventress would destroy him. If this is straight fight, one on one, Luke doesn’t stand a chance.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 09:35 AM
Click here to Send AnakinNihilus a Private Message Find more posts by AnakinNihilus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
He’s a neophyte Padawan with no more than a few months worth of rushed Jedi training under his belt.

True, but Asajj didn't exactly have very good training, either, and despite having little training, Luke still got strong very quickly.

quote:
His force powers at this point, from what we’ve seen, are paltry.

Wait, what did he do with the Force? Oh yeah, he chokes two Gamorrean Guards at once. Have we ever seen Vader, or anybody else for that matter, choke more than one person at a time?

quote:
About the best we’ve seen him do is mind trick a couple of Gamorrean bodyguards, and when you consider the fact that the Gammorrean’s, as a species, are incredibly weak minded, well let’s just say that’s not much of an achievement.

When did he mind trick Gamorrean Guards? I remember him Force Choking them at the same time, but not mind tricking them.

quote:
His skills with a lightsaber aren’t so hot either. Before he stepped into the arena with daddy he had no experience whatsoever dueling. And even after contesting him twice Luke still swings his blade around like a blind kid trying to hit a home run.

1. We can't say for sure that was his first duel, he probably sparred with Yoda, maybe Obi-Wan.

2. And the baseball bat style has proven very effective, hasn't it? When enraged, he bested Vader in saber combat, and I daresay Vader is a greater saber wielder than Asajj is.

quote:
The fact is that even before Dooku, one of the best galaxies best swordsmen, took her under his wing, she had already received some training.

Not very much. Also, PoD Bane received far less than she had, yet he'd pwn her, so lack of training doesn't mean someone would lose.

quote:
he’s incredibly inexperienced.

No more so than CW Asajj is. Asajj has hardly ever fought before the CW Cartoon.

quote:
When she was first introduced to the Sith, and it’s important to remember that this was before she gained the invaluable experience that came from war, both Dooku and Sidious were impressed by her skills with a lightsaber. Now you can imagine that if there were ever two people that were hard to impress then it was the Sith Lord and his apprentice.

If I remember correctly, Palpatine feared ESB Luke, and Vader called ESB Luke's saber skills "Most impressive", which is better than "impressive". And that's ESB Luke, ROTJ Luke is even stronger. And remember, in Dark Rendezvous, Sidious tells Dooku that he would kill Asajj if it were up to him, and in Obsession, Dooku does kill Asajj for failing him to many times.

quote:
And that was before she had fought Kenobi or Skywalker. Fighting them would have only increased her talents. These two of course weren’t the only two Jedi she battled.

Agreed, however, I am not debating Obsession Asajj vs. Luke. I'm debating her when she fought Padawan Anakin (in the cartoon), so those future battles have nothing to do with this thread. That's like saying "And remember, this was Luke before he took out DE Sidious, pwnd Lomi Plo and curbstomped Lumiya".

quote:
Taking into consideration how long she lived in a period when people were dropping like flies, the Clone Wars, you have to imagine that not only was she exceptionally proficient before the conflict, but that afterwards she had become something of a powerhouse.

Unfortunately, what she became doesn't matter. what she was at the time of the cartoon is all that matters. Oh, yes, people were dropping like flies, but she always either ran from battle and had her droids stop the enemy while she escaped, or won with the help of a lot of droids.

quote:
Ventress has almost three years of war experience, time spent fighting on the front lines. Luke has twice dueled a cripple. And although he was admittedly a fairly talented cripple he had no desire to kill Luke. Besides that he managed outsmarted a Wampa and fought off a few of Jabba the Hutt’s goons. So how on earth does Luke take this?

On the contrary, the Asajj in this thread has had a mere 4 months of war experience, while the Luke in this thread has recieved 4 years of war experience (fighting in the Galactic Cival War). Luke fought Vader twice, plus an illusion in the cave. Who did Asajj fight at this point? Dooku and Anakin? And that gives her more fighting experience than Luke?

And yes, Vader didn't want to kill Luke, but, as seen in ESN (and ROTJ when he throws his saber at Luke) he has no problem with hurting the boy, defeating him without killing him. He was also trying his hardest to defend himself when Luke came at him enraged, and failed to do so. Could Asajj have gotten past Vader's defenses? I think not.

quote:
As much as I like Luke I think it’s fairly obvious that Ventress would destroy him. If this is straight fight, one on one, Luke doesn’t stand a chance.

So then you believe Asajj could take down Vader in a saber duel? Obsession has a chance, but Asajj 4 months into the war would go down hard.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:47 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Damn. I have the Versus Forum saved under favorites, and I only use KMC for the Religion forum now, but... Oh well. Just know that the Versus Forum... thumb down

"Your skills are complete. Indeed, you are
powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 01:39 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiddo44

Asajj would win, as DS19 said she fought Anakin well 6 months before ROTS, she lost, but she was a decent fight for him.

Last edited by kiddo44 on Jul 29th, 2007 at 02:21 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 02:18 AM
Click here to Send kiddo44 a Private Message Find more posts by kiddo44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
If I remember correctly, Palpatine feared ESB Luke, and Vader called ESB Luke's saber skills "Most impressive", which is better than "impressive".

...Darthsith, I believe you know full well how ridiculous this sounds. The Emperor did not fear Luke Skywalker. He feared what Luke could become -- that he had the potential to destroy the Emperor and all of his laid plans. But to say that he feared Luke as of the Empire Strikes Back or even Return of the Jedi is asinine, since Palpatine effortlessly floored Luke in RotJ.

quote:
And that's ESB Luke, ROTJ Luke is even stronger.

And again, he was floored by the Emperor.

quote:
And remember, in Dark Rendezvous, Sidious tells Dooku that he would kill Asajj if it were up to him, and in Obsession, Dooku does kill Asajj for failing him to many times.

That's a bit of a spin on it; Darth Sidious tells Count Dooku that Asajj is "reckless" and -- though he will leave Dooku to handle her as he sees fit -- he warns/threatens Dooku that he (Sidious) would crush a disciple who has shown too much 'initiative'.

And I think Asajj survives Dooku's betrayal.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

She did survive if i remember right(i think obiwan and anakin had a role to play in her survival) somehow she was able to flee and escape the war was never heard from again.(or atleast for now)

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by Gideon
...Darthsith, I believe you know full well how ridiculous this sounds. The Emperor did not fear Luke Skywalker. He feared what Luke could become -- that he had the potential to destroy the Emperor and all of his laid plans. But to say that he feared Luke as of the Empire Strikes Back or even Return of the Jedi is asinine, since Palpatine effortlessly floored Luke in RotJ.

Why do i insist on coming back here? Anyway: Palpatine feared what Luke could become, you're right. He feared what he became by Return of the Jedi. Also, your point about Luke getting floored is, at best, misleading. Luke had just been battling his father, which had its obvious mental and physical taxation. Also Luke refused to fight (See: "I will not fight you." ). You also missed the part where despite these, Luke still manages to deflect some of the attack as seen in the Return of the Jedi novel (not the initial blast so it could still happen off-screen, because the novel is within the continuity). Oh yeah, plus Palpatine is the most powerful Sith Lord ever and has been for over two decades at that point.

quote:
And again, he was floored by the Emperor.

You're right, I take it all back.

quote:
That's a bit of a spin on it; Darth Sidious tells Count Dooku that Asajj is "reckless" and -- though he will leave Dooku to handle her as he sees fit -- he warns/threatens Dooku that he (Sidious) would crush a disciple who has shown too much 'initiative'.

And I think Asajj survives Dooku's betrayal.

Irrelevant?
She does survive.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 11:00 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

quote:
Anyway: Palpatine feared what Luke could become, you're right. He feared what he became by Return of the Jedi.

Exactly what justification do you have for this claim? Luke as depicted in Return of the Jedi is a mere fraction of what he was about to become. Why on Earth would Palpatine fear RotJ Luke when he's going to be juggling black holes and hiding planets later in his lifetime? Seems quite illogical.

quote:
Also, your point about Luke getting floored is, at best, misleading. Luke had just been battling his father, which had its obvious mental and physical taxation.

Should it be physically taxing? The end part of the fight lasted 30 seconds at most, and that was after a few minutes of rest. If I could fight like that for 30 seconds without getting too tired, I'm quite sure an enhanced Jedi should be able to as well. As far as mental taxation goes, Luke made peace with himself right before he was overwhelmed (I am a Jedi, like my father before me.) After that line, it would seem his mind was clear and was at peace with the force.

quote:
You also missed the part where despite these, Luke still manages to deflect some of the attack as seen in the Return of the Jedi novel (not the initial blast so it could still happen off-screen, because the novel is within the continuity).

According to the novel, it was the initial blast that was reflected. This directly contradicts what is clearly shown in the movies, thus, this instance of the novel is not in continuity.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:12 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Ah, my favorite kind of thread. One with few if any unreasonable characters.

AnakinNihilus made an excellent post, btw. Haven't seen you around before, but kudos for the insight into this thread.

Darthsith:

quote:
True, but Asajj didn't exactly have very good training, either, and despite having little training, Luke still got strong very quickly.

Correction: Luke had absolutely no training before the events of A New Hope. Asajj had already received some Jedi training from her master before she ever left her homeworld and was included in some heavy battles there. When Dooku arrives on her homeworld, she owns just about everyone who comes before her save the count, and shortly after that she meets up with Obi-wan and for all intents and purposes, ties with him. She then defeats three Jedi not even halfway into the first year of the war. At 12 months, she owns Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan. So really, they're not even comparable.

quote:
Wait, what did he do with the Force? Oh yeah, he chokes two Gamorrean Guards at once. Have we ever seen Vader, or anybody else for that matter, choke more than one person at a time?

He Force chokes one after the other, but if that's the epitome of uberism than Qui-Gon Jinn is a ****ing Force God. He can turn off droids by messing with their parts internally and can change the rotating of a die without alerting onlookers.

And really, if you want to compare Force powers between Ventress and Luke, Ventress manipulates a rancor using the Force; Luke had to chuck a rock to hit a button and kill it.

quote:
1. We can't say for sure that was his first duel, he probably sparred with Yoda, maybe Obi-Wan.

We can't say for sure he did either, so the point is moot. Assertion without proof is not an argument.

quote:
2. And the baseball bat style has proven very effective, hasn't it? When enraged, he bested Vader in saber combat, and I daresay Vader is a greater saber wielder than Asajj is.

Bested? No, I disagree. Vader took a dive in that fight. In the previous fight, when Vader wasn't playing around, Luke was all over the place like a *****. If you seriously think that a self-trained Jedi farmboy can suddenly "best" an elder version of Anakin Skywalker, you are deluded.

And really, you can't tell me that this kind of fighting is "besting" anything other than common sense:

(please log in to view the image)

Look at that last swing. Luke ****ing missed Vader. Granted, it's a bit dark in there, but he's not exactly a two-foot Kate Moss or anything. If Luke in a rage has to practically be in Vader's lap to hit him, I really don't see him outduelling Asajj.

quote:
Not very much. Also, PoD Bane received far less than she had, yet he'd pwn her, so lack of training doesn't mean someone would lose.

This is a load of shit. Bane was trained by the Brotherhood before he even touched his first lightsaber, and even then he lost a fight. It was Bane's incredible and instinctive use of the Force and the Dark Side which put him head and shoulders above others; his saber ability followed in that wake.

quote:
No more so than CW Asajj is. Asajj has hardly ever fought before the CW Cartoon.

This is simply wrong. Check your sources.

quote:
If I remember correctly, Palpatine feared ESB Luke, and Vader called ESB Luke's saber skills "Most impressive", which is better than "impressive".

The Emperor feared Luke's power, not the boy himself. This is shown very very clearly in RotJ when he sits calmly while young Skywalker is present and even lets him draw his weapon. Sidious is nowhere near threatened by Luke, especially when he's busy frying him on the floor. I'm not really sure where everyone is perpetuating this myth from, but it's silly.

And "most impressive" is better than 'impressive', but it's hardly a proclamation of uberness. When you dodge a falling gear in Soul Calibur III, the villain is impressed; doesn't mean I can kick his ass, does it?

quote:
And that's ESB Luke, ROTJ Luke is even stronger.

He's slightly more controlled and has practiced the Force more. I actually like RotJ's more placid Luke approach, and I think he turned out to be a Jedi in Obi-Wan's likeness for his personal philosophy. However, as far as how much stronger he became in duelling, this remains to be substantiated. Certainly in combat, he's not on par with earlier Jedi. Even padawan Obi-Wan and Anakin could survive full out blaster fights without getting singed; not the case for Luke. Also, even underaged padawans technically have more saber training and unarmed combat training than Luke and there's something to be said for real training. I don't care how much potential you have, if you squander it (*cough cough Anakin cough*) or just lose your head, you lose, period.

Luke's fight with Vader was symbolic as well as preplanned by Vader and Sidious. Luke may seemed to have been winning the battle, but he was losing the war against the Dark Side by using it to defeat his father.

quote:
Agreed, however, I am not debating Obsession Asajj vs. Luke. I'm debating her when she fought Padawan Anakin (in the cartoon), so those future battles have nothing to do with this thread. That's like saying "And remember, this was Luke before he took out DE Sidious, pwnd Lomi Plo and curbstomped Lumiya".

Again, you need to doublecheck your sources or read more EU; Ventress after mere months into the war was able to tie with AotC-level Obi-Wan. If you think RotJ Luke can defeat AotC Obi-Wan, I seriously will just stop addressing you on the forums, because that's ridiculous.

quote:
On the contrary, the Asajj in this thread has had a mere 4 months of war experience, while the Luke in this thread has recieved 4 years of war experience (fighting in the Galactic Cival War). Luke fought Vader twice, plus an illusion in the cave. Who did Asajj fight at this point? Dooku and Anakin? And that gives her more fighting experience than Luke?

* Before the war, she received Jedi training and defeated all threats to her power. He effectively ruled her homeworld with her own ability, and when all came to pay homage to Count Dooku, she floored them all.

* Ten weeks into the Clone Wars, she meets up with Obi-wan Kenobi and ties him. She also kills a Jedi Master and literally "unhands" the master's apprentice.

* She defeats three Jedi by herself three months into the war.

* Shortly after this, she duels Anakin and is winning until he calls on the Dark Side en masse and overpowers her.

This is all within a 4-5 month period of war experience. Luke's "war experience" is laughable; limited mostly to flying starfighters. His actual combat experience against other Force users pales in comparison with Ventress or anyone with even modest Jedi training in her era. And considering Ventress goes on to butcher more Jedi masters, it really undermines your point. She's just better at this stage in the game.

quote:
And yes, Vader didn't want to kill Luke, but, as seen in ESN (and ROTJ when he throws his saber at Luke) he has no problem with hurting the boy, defeating him without killing him. He was also trying his hardest to defend himself when Luke came at him enraged, and failed to do so. Could Asajj have gotten past Vader's defenses? I think not.

Both times Vader fought Luke he never had the intent to actually murder him. Even at times when he had the boy at his mercy, he let the opening pass and continued to taunt the boy until he could turn him. You think that because Luke got a lucky strike on Vader's shoulder that he's suddenly better? What, and because Vader was trying so damn hard to kill him, right? You have to be kidding me. Vader was perfectly capable of murdering Jedi far more dangerous than Luke with far less effort. Luke was in more danger in the wampa cave.

Bottom line? Ventress outduels Luke and wears his skin as a pelt.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

quote:
Even padawan Obi-Wan and Anakin could survive full out blaster fights without getting singed; not the case for Luke.

Yep. The clearest example of this is right in Return -- while taking on maybe eight guys (Who couldn't even shoot properly, but I digress), he slips up and gets his mechanical hand dented by a blaster bolt. Had his hand been flesh instead, it would have been the end of him. Luke would not have been able to keep it up without his right hand.

Now, can anyone honestly say that Asajj would have gotten shot if put into that same situation? I mean, this girl consistently slaughters entire platoons of trained, professional Clone Troopers. She's definitely fared better against more skilled/better armed opponents.

Last edited by Generic Hero on Jul 30th, 2007 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Indeed. I'd love to see Luke against a Battle Droid.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote