KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs Darth Sion

Darth Bane vs Darth Sion
Started by: MasterAshenVor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Darth Bane vs Darth Sion

2 Brutes of men 2 very agressive and very skilled swords men and strong in the Darkside Both have had excrusiating pain to deal with who wins

Duel 1 : Saber

Duel 2 : Force

Duel 3 : Brawl

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 03:04 AM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

im not sure right now cause the way to defeat sion is to out-wit him and i dont know if bane would try and do that

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 03:48 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am playing KOTOR 2 at the moment so I will be eager to assess Sion.

To my pleasant surprise he had a Scottish accent.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

We really can't judge Sion's saber skills too well. He is likely very good as his ability with the Force and his will is so strong he can reknit his entire body and keep it together. That's very very impressive. But he's also a leader of a sect of Sith dedicated to assassination and attack from the shadows; it's seldom he likely even has to do an honest duel, really. I'm leaning a bit towards Bane in saber ability, but I'm not sure it really matters. The upper limit of Sion's resistance is never stated, and he only ever dies when he is broken of hope; never is he torn apart or otherwise destroyed. It's possible Bane could trap the Sith Lord, or perhaps shoot him into space, but it wouldn't be a straight duel in that sense.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Another issue would be if SIion could be too damaged to regenerate...I'm skeptical he could repair himself if he were decapitated, to be honest

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That is a possibility. Unfortunately no background material covers his ability in depth, and it's never done in-game so it's hard to tell. We can't even really see the effects of the damage done by the Exile's saber in the cutscenes, though we know that Sion's body is literally shattered and crushed all throughout and that he's keeping it together through force of will.

Since the ability makes for a serious assumption on either end, I ride the fence on most of his battles. We simply just don't know enough.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

The problem I've always had with Sion is his ability seems a gameplay mechanic:
"Uh, oh, my hitpoints are gone...better restore them suddenly!"

I don't buy Sion's going to be able to reassemble himself if he's cut to bits, or climb out of a Mustafar lava pit

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It certainly seems a gameplay mechanic, but the information you find on the Harbinger supports that he does indeed survive amounts of stress and damage that Bane can't really hold a candle to. Lava? You're right, I doubt he can take an Anakin bath and come out looking cute.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:27 PM
Lightsnake

Well, in fairness, given Bane's skill, Sion would have to do the damage...Sion can indeed survive a lot to hold himself together, but facing someone like Bane...or to overkill, Luke, Palpatine, Yoda or Kun? His chances ain't too rosy

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:42 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Have you ever seen the final battle in Rob Roy?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:49 PM
Lightsnake

Best movie sword fight ever.
Have I ever mentioned I love Liam Neeson?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 06:51 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

He told me to tell you to stop stalking him.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 07:13 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

good battle

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 07:32 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I'll stop when he wins the Oscar he deserves.

Sidenote: I think he'll do so in 2009....Steven Spielberg director Abraham Lincoln movie with Liam as Abe....WIN

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 07:40 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

But then Tom Hanks will show up and play a some average middle class white guy in an unusual situation and win the Oscar again.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 07:53 PM
Thousand
Restricted

Account Restricted

From what I've assessed, Darth Sion's force capability is heavily underestimated. He had every bone in his body broken (Literally, from what the game proclaims) and he has the ability to hold them together. Perpetually. While moving, Lightsaber training, jumping, crouching, speaking, physically harming Traya and killing Jedi after Jedi.

Off Topic/Off the Record: I'd say the Triumvirate are excessively powerful because of three main attributes each Lord holds:

Darth Traya: The ability of masterful manipulation and being able to kill three Jedi masters within seconds.

Darth Nihilus: The ability to drain a planet of it's energy and draining millions (Arguable) in the process.

Darth Sion: Practically invincible except by means of verbal harm. Strong will of the force by holding body structure intact after severe damage.

To swerve back onto topic, the two both possess powers that make them practically unstoppable.

I call a stalemate.

Change is coming through my shadow.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Thousand a Private Message Find more posts by Thousand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamhal

The problem is, all of them were killed by a jedi inferior to Malak and Revan... And Bane learnt from Revan himself by the way.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 05:30 PM
Click here to Send kamhal a Private Message Find more posts by kamhal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thousand
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamhal
The problem is, all of them were killed by a jedi inferior to Malak and Revan... And Bane learnt from Revan himself by the way.

If this Jedi you claim is so inferior, how was he able to kill three Sith Lords of such great power?

It's very possible that the Exile could kill Revan. Malak most likely would be a mere annoyance to the Exile.

Change is coming through my shadow.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Thousand a Private Message Find more posts by Thousand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thousand
If this Jedi you claim is so inferior, how was he able to kill three Sith Lords of such great power?

It's very possible that the Exile could kill Revan. Malak most likely would be a mere annoyance to the Exile.

First of all the exile is a she.

Nihilus was weakened when trying drain her but couldnt because she was a wound in the force.

Sion's saber skill is still an unknown and she convinced him to die we dont know the exact details of how she did that or how close the duel was actually.

Traya is the only one which we can legitimately say she is stronger than. Yet she holds revan with such high esteem and makes comments like him being the heart of the force. m

And dont underestimate malak he was very powerful. his duel with revan on the star forge was an epic one and he was described as nearly unstoppable.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isnt bane a strong force user? Since he is why would it be difficult to prevent sions body from joining back together again by using the force?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 01:22 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote