KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Cin Drallig vs. Qui-Gon Jinn

Cin Drallig vs. Qui-Gon Jinn
Started by: Lt. Valerian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Cin Drallig vs. Qui-Gon Jinn

Saber, Force, & all-out.

Your thoughts?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

Sabers: tie
Force: qui-gon
All out: IDK

Is this TPM qui gon or pre-TPM qui gon?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Darth_noodle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_noodle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rogers

We don't even know anything about Cin Drallig except that Anakin defeated him easily and that according to Dooku he's a respected duelist. He could just as easily be below every other major jedi in the series.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Rogers a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rogers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_noodle

Well, Vader took him by suprise. In a fair duel between Vader and Cin Drallig, i think Cin would last longer, but in the end he would still get shitted on by vader.
Cin is a master of all lightsaber forms, so he has to be at least as good as qui gon IMO...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth_noodle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_noodle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

All out: Qui-Gon

Swords only: I would lean toward Qui-Gon though this is much closer.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rogers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_noodle
Well, Vader took him by suprise. In a fair duel between Vader and Cin Drallig, i think Cin would last longer, but in the end he would still get shitted on by vader.
Cin is a master of all lightsaber forms, so he has to be at least as good as qui gon IMO...

Since when is Cin master of all forms? I remember him being the chief instructor and thus very proficient in all of them. unfortunately, I don't remember him being a bonafide master of any of them.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth Rogers a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rogers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Darth Rogers
Since when is Cin master of all forms? I remember him being the chief instructor and thus very proficient in all of them. unfortunately, I don't remember him being a bonafide master of any of them.
Welcome to the Star Wars forums. Avoid saying something like that to Janus or he'll eat your mouse, then regurgitate it back at you.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rogers

Thanks. And why should I avoid saying that? Is Janus some kind of Cin fanboy or something?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:48 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Thanks. And why should I avoid saying that? Is Janus some kind of Cin fanboy or something?
No, but he's got a knack for chewing out people. But unlike some here, I think you'll realize when someone's proven a point.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rogers

I try. I don't know everything because I haven't gotten all of the books. I have a few of the clone wars novels and some old comics, and I played the Knights of the old republic series which made me appreciate the series again before revenge of the sith came out.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:53 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I try. I don't know everything because I haven't gotten all of the books. I have a few of the clone wars novels and some old comics, and I played the Knights of the old republic series which made me appreciate the series again before revenge of the sith came out.
As fallible as it is, use Wookiepedia, it's quite an efficient source for basic knowledge. Other than that or catching up on the EU material, just listen to the arguments which are prone here, they can teach you a lot.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:56 AM
Darth Rogers

Very cool. Thanks.

So what's your thoughts on the fight?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:58 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

There you go,

"Trained by Grand Master Yoda, Drallig was a legendary lightsaber instructor and battlemaster at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and his skills were impressive, to say the least. Though he was not a member of the Jedi High Council, his swordsmanship likely rivaled that of many Council members. Other Jedi sometimes referred to him as "The Troll" in reference to his relentless training procedures and ferocious attack style."

Although the source is not the best one, I reckon that's accurate.

Last edited by Col. Valerian on Mar 4th, 2008 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hereatlast

I know this is slightly off topic and probably deserves to go to the EU forum but I just wanted some other peoples personal opinion. Why is Cin Drallig built up to be such a powerful combatant just to be torn to shreds by Anakin (Who is also choking his formidable padawan at the same time)?

It kinda just ticks me off, I always wanted the fight to be a bit more epic. (Along with the Mace/Palp fight. I mean that just pisses me off to no end, when I imagine what a fight they could have had it... I just get kinda depressed. I just wish Samuel and Ian had not decided to ask(make) Lucas let them do all the choreography.

Was anyone else bummed about those two depressing turn of events?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:49 PM
Click here to Send hereatlast a Private Message Find more posts by hereatlast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by hereatlast
I know this is slightly off topic and probably deserves to go to the EU forum but I just wanted some other peoples personal opinion. Why is Cin Drallig built up to be such a powerful combatant just to be torn to shreds by Anakin (Who is also choking his formidable padawan at the same time)?

Because it shows that anakin/vader is just that much better

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hereatlast

I know 'why'. (Should have clarified that) I just want to know if anyone else thought it was too easily done. (I always thought Cin was a bit more powerful than that, I just get disapointed that he got owned so quickly. I wanted a bit more of a confrontation... Not just a slaughter.) Besides Obi-wan did defeat Anakin. So I just thought that him tooling Cin and his padawan was a bit... odd. (Could Obi-wan have defeated Cin and Whie and Bene in a similar fashion that easily?) Was Obi-wan that far above and beyond what Cin Drallig was capable of?

Last edited by hereatlast on Mar 4th, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:02 PM
Click here to Send hereatlast a Private Message Find more posts by hereatlast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I know 'why'. (Should have clarified that) I just want to know if anyone else thought it was too easily done. Obi-wan did defeat Anakin afterall. So I just thought that him tooling Cin and his padawan was a bit... odd. (Could Obi-wan have defeated Cin and Whie and Bene in a similar fashion that easily?)

The thing is with Anakin vs Obiwan is how well they knew each other. To give you a good idea on how well they knew each other's fighting style the rots novel says . Blade-to-blade, they were identical. After thousands of hours in lightsaber sparring, they knew each other better than brothers, more intimately than lovers; they were complementary halves of a single warrior. Anakin loses to due his overconfidence in the end.

But I think if they have not met before that battle Anakin would have won.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

It kinda just ticks me off, I always wanted the fight to be a bit more epic. (Along with the Mace/Palp fight. I mean that just pisses me off to no end, when I imagine what a fight they could have had it... I just get kinda depressed. I just wish Samuel and Ian had not decided to ask(make) Lucas let them do all the choreography.

Was anyone else bummed about those two depressing turn of events?

Yes it was disappointing. btw, that wasn't Serra Keto with Cin in the movie, it was Bene, not such a formidable Padawan.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:17 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by darthsith19
Yes it was disappointing. btw, that wasn't Serra Keto with Cin in the movie, it was Bene, not such a formidable Padawan.

Still, anyone would assume Anakin owns her, as well.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:57 PM
hereatlast

I know it wasn't Sera Ketto. (Bene and Whie were the ones there assisting Cin.)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 07:21 PM