KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Yoda vs. ROTS "in the zone" Anakin

ROTS Yoda vs. ROTS "in the zone" Anakin
Started by: wolfpack86

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wolfpack86

ROTS Yoda vs. ROTS "in the zone" Anakin

This is ROTS Yoda vs. ROTS "in the zone" Anakin, what I mean by "in the zone" is, when Anakin is dueling with Count Dooku and beats him. The setting is the aboard the Invisible Hand, the same room where Anakin kills Dooku. Who takes it?

1) Sabers

2) Force

3) All Out

Last edited by wolfpack86 on Apr 3rd, 2008 at 06:12 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 05:57 AM
Click here to Send wolfpack86 a Private Message Find more posts by wolfpack86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

1) Yoda

2) Yoda

3) Yoda

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Well, that was easy.

lol "in the zone" Anakin.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't know actaully. Yoda was only able to draw with Dooku (arguably) whereas Anakin beat him. I think Anakin might stand a chance against him in Sabers. Also, he just keeps getting stronger the longer a fight lasts. Yoda wins in everything else though.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
I don't know actaully. Yoda was only able to draw with Dooku (arguably) whereas Anakin beat him. I think Anakin might stand a chance against him in Sabers. Also, he just keeps getting stronger the longer a fight lasts. Yoda wins in everything else though.

While this is certainly true, keep in mind that Yoda might be Anakin's worst nightmare in the prequel trilogy in terms of opponents. Size does play a factor, consider his defeat of Count Dooku; Tyranus was a more experienced adversary with decades of combat experience, but was simply unable to stand against Anakin's onslaught -- as you correctly pointed out, both the Revenge of the Sith script and the Ultimate Visual Guide conclude that Anakin's attacks only become more ferocious and powerful as a fight progresses -- Anakin simply became a Force wrecking ball. But also consider that, unlike Dooku or Obi-Wan, Yoda isn't an adult sized combatant and his form relies on kinetic energy and constant motion. Assuming that he gets into such a situation, Yoda possesses the ability to leap around and avoid being blown over like a tree in a hurricane.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 03:50 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Originally posted by Gideon
Yoda possesses the ability to leap around and avoid being blown over like a tree in a hurricane.

Poetry.

But yes. Unless Anakin crouches down whilst dueling with Yoda and remaining that way, I see not win in his future.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Light_Sith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quick question here.

Is Anakin the only one who has the magical "Zone"?

Or do they all have it?

Or do just some have it?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Light_Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Light_Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

All have it, I think. Ganner Rhysode was "in teh zone" before he died, I'd say. Luke may have been when Jaina said his lightsaber looked like 20 blades at once.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 05:11 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
, Yoda possesses the ability to leap around and avoid being blown over like a tree in a hurricane.

Agreed. But if Yoda try's to block his attacks in mid-air like he did in his Dooku fight then he might be in danger of becoming a green baseball.

BTW its nice to know that I'm not being completely ignored.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthsith19
All have it, I think. Ganner Rhysode was "in teh zone" before he died, I'd say. Luke may have been when Jaina said his lightsaber looked like 20 blades at once.

That was Luke in The Unifying Force.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Master_Starbuck a Private Message Find more posts by Master_Starbuck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Okay.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 10:59 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

lol, a jedi is "in the zone" when they aren't losing according to the topic post: so that means they definitly win, by the very definition of being in the zone.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 11:09 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

The "in the zone" that is being referred to is when a jedi/sith is aspecific minds state not if they are on winning streak. The most famous example(only truly known one imo) is obviously Anakin Skywalker

Here are the passages that equate to what many here consider Anakin "in the zone" for the benefit of those who haven't seen it.

quote:

A starburst of clarity blossoms within Anakin Skywalker's mind, when he says to himself Oh. I get it, now and discovers that the fear within his heart can be a weapon, too.

It is that simple, and that complex.

And it is final.

Dooku is dead already. The rest is mere detail.

The play is still on; the comedy of lightsabers flashes and snaps and hisses. Dooku & Skywalker, a one-time-only command performance, for an audience of one. Jedi and Sith and Sith and Jedi, spinning, whirling, crashing together, slashing and chopping, parrying, binding, slipping and whipping and ripping the air around them with snarls of power.

And all for nothing, because a nuclear flame has consumed Anakin Skywalker's Jedi restraint, and fear becomes fury without effort, and fury is a blade that makes his lightsaber into a toy.

The play goes on, but the suspense is over. It has become mere pantomime, as intricate and as meaningless as the space-time curves that guide galactic clusters through a measureless cosmos.

Dooku's decades of combat experience are irrelevant. His mastery of swordplay is useless. His vast wealth, his political influence, impeccable breeding, immaculate manners, exquisite taste-the pursuits and points of pride to which he has devoted so much of his time and attention over the long, long years of his life-are now chains hung upon his spirit, bending his neck before the ax.

Even his knowledge of the Force has become a joke.

It is this knowledge that shows him his death, makes him handle it, turn it this way and that in his mind, examine it in detail like a black gemstone so cold it burns. Dooku's elegant farce has degenerated into bathetic melodrama, and not one shed tear will mark the passing of its hero.

But for Anakin, in the fight there is only terror, and rage.

Only he stands between death and the two men he loves best in all the world, and he can no longer afford to hold anything back. That imaginary dead-star dragon tries its best to freeze away his strength, to whisper him that Dooku has beaten him before, that Dooku has all the power of the darkness, to remind him how Dooku took his hand, how Dooku could strike down even Obi-Wan himself seemingly without effort and now Anakin is all alone and he will never be a match for any Lord of the Sith-But Palpatine's words rage is your weapon have given Anakin permission to unseal the shielding around his furnace heart, and all his fears and all his doubts shrivel in its flame.

When Count Dooku flies at him, blade flashing, Watto's fist cracks out from Anakin's childhood to knock the Sith Lord tumbling back.

When with all the power that the dark side can draw from throughout the universe, Dooku hurls a jagged fragment of the durasteel table, Shmi Skywalker's gentle murmur I knew you would come for me, Anakin smashes it aside.

His head has been filled with the smoke from his smothered heart for far too long; it has been the thunder that darkens his mind. On Aargonar, on Jabiim, in the Tusken camp on Tatooine, that smoke had clouded his mind, had blinded him and left him flailing in the dark, a mindless machine of slaughter; but here now, within this ship, this microscopic cell of life in the infinite sterile desert of space, his firewalls have opened so that the terror and the rage are out there, in the fight instead of in his head, and Anakin's mind is clear as a crystal bell.

In that pristine clarity, there is only one thing he must do.

Decide.

So he does.

He decides to win.

He decides that Dooku should lose the same hand he took. Decision is reality, here: his blade moves simultaneously with his will and blue fire vaporizes black Corellian nanosilk and disintegrates flesh and shears bone, and away falls a Sith Lord's lightsaber hand, trailing smoke that tastes of charred meat and burned hair. The hand falls with a bar of scarlet blaze still extending from its spastic death grip, and Anakin's heart sings for the fall of that red blade.

He reaches out and the Force catches it for him.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Apr 15th, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gideongarner01

Yoda would win but it’s would not be a stomp. Yoda would take a small 6-7/10 majority at best with unbelievable difficulty. Zonakin in the novel made Dooku into an absolute joke.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2019 10:20 PM
Click here to Send gideongarner01 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Stover's Anakin > Stover's Yoda, Legends Yoda >= Legends prime Anakin, Canon Yoda > Canon prime Anakin

Old Post Aug 19th, 2019 07:39 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Originally posted by McP
Stover's Anakin > Stover's Yoda, Legends Yoda >= Legends prime Anakin, Canon Yoda > Canon prime Anakin

What canon sources support Canon Yoda > Canon Anakin?

I don't disagree with it, just wondering if it's something new.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2019 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

That's not much of a prove, but it's suggested in TCW in Yoda's visioin. Canon version of "ROTS in the zone" Anankin stomped Dooku in a similar way, but was stomped by Sidious shortly after. And Yoda fought the same Sidious as equal or with some small advantage.

I guess there are some sources, but I don't remember. Or perhaps I'm wrong. That's possible, since a disney canon is shitty one for me.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2019 01:13 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Yoda = sidious > Anakin

a better duel would be Mace vs Zonakin tbh Yoda would be out of Anakins ability range at this point in his life and for that guy saying that Dooku and Yoda was a draw that's only because Dooku put Ani and Obi in danger for his own escape; had they not been there Yoda would've carved him up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2019 06:37 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

^
Well, hard to tell, depends what kind of source will you use.

If we use Yoda's visioin episode as "what if?", then Yoda ws capable of stalemating Sidious in saber fight and in the Force fight as well. He was also able to tank a huge amount of lightning, while saving Anakin. And at the end, he still stalemated him. He was also capable to block his lightning with his saber effortlessly.

On screen he stalemated him as well in both, sabers and the Force. But if we will use a deleted shots from script (which - unlike ROTS novel - doesn't contradicts ROTS movie), Yoda had a small advantage over Sidious in sabers and all-out.

And for topic:

There is one more thing; if we consider Anakin from Yoda's vision as zone Anakin, then indeed, Yoda takes this. But on the other hand, if it's that version of Anakin which subdued the Son and the Daughter at the same time... well, that seems to be more accurate to what Stover's was thinking.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 01:03 PM
Darth Thor

Anakin is a threat to anyone in Sabers. But Yodas gonna be a hard one to fight using Djem So.

So unless this is Über ass Mortis Anakin, I give both Sabers and Force to Yoda.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote