KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Mace Windu Vs ANH Obi-Wan

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
ROTS Mace Windu 12 66.67%
ANH Obi-Wan 5 27.78%
Tie 1 5.56%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTS Mace Windu Vs ANH Obi-Wan
Started by: laser7455

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laser7455

ROTS Mace Windu Vs ANH Obi-Wan

Who would win?

1.Saber battle
2.Force battle
3.All out

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 06:18 AM
Click here to Send laser7455 a Private Message Find more posts by laser7455 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I say Kenobi has a chance with the Force, Windu pwns him in the saber duel, and in the all-out duel Windu wins comfortably.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 06:44 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
I say Kenobi has a chance with the Force, Windu pwns him in the saber duel, and in the all-out duel Windu wins comfortably.

Same here but I say that Kenobi comfortably takes the Force. He was on par with Anakin who would probably wipe his shoes on Windu.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

out of curiousity, where did the idea originate that Windu is so weak in the force? i mean, we never even see him try to use the force in the movies, and he crushes grievous chest in i think LOE, wasn't it? He also looked pretty good with the force in clone wars, but i have noticed he loses the forces in every dual i've ever seen him in on this forum. So i'm not disagreeing, just wondering where the basis from that came from.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 05:24 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

1. Mace
2. Obi
3. Mace

On the contrary, I believe Mace handles the Force quite well and with elegance to boot. Check out how he played with Jango in Geonosis when the bounty hunter tried to reach for the sabre.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laser7455

1.Mace
2.Obi-wan
3.Mace

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 05:56 AM
Click here to Send laser7455 a Private Message Find more posts by laser7455 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

yeah this is a stupid one, your pitting an old senile man against a mid-age saber master. kenobi wins force, loses saber, loses all out intentionally and haunts mace forever

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 06:29 AM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Obi-Wan's only four years older than Mace...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

^ Lol yeah I was about to say the same thing.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 09:15 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

1) mace
2) mace force crushes ben giving him a heart attack
3) mace

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Faunus
Obi-Wan's only four years older than Mace...

so mace windu, at his time of death, is supposed to be only 4 years younger than obi in ANH? Alec Guiness sure wasn't the best pick for obi-wan, at least to keep the time scale correct.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 12:29 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

RotS Mace is 53; ANH Obi-Wan is 57.

Guiness was right for the role at the time, as he was originally supposed to be much older. The PT timeline messed this up.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Yeah it should have been 10 years between AOTC and ROTS, imo this would have made it work, Kenobi would have been 64, Alec Guinness was actually only 63 in ANH so.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 05:14 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by truejedi
out of curiousity, where did the idea originate that Windu is so weak in the force? i mean, we never even see him try to use the force in the movies, and he crushes grievous chest in i think LOE, wasn't it? He also looked pretty good with the force in clone wars, but i have noticed he loses the forces in every dual i've ever seen him in on this forum. So i'm not disagreeing, just wondering where the basis from that came from.

I dnt think its that hes weak with the force but just not as good as Sidious, Dooku or Yoda. They could all deflect Force lightning with their hands, whilst Mace was depending on his lightsaber to deflect it, and even then he was screaming.

Also Obi-Wan must have used some Force power to direct all of Dookus lightning towards his saber, as the Lightning is much more widespread than that thin Saber.. Again Mace wasnt able to do this against Sidious. Though this may be due to Obi-Wans more defensive style.

The clone wars cartoons greatly exaggerated everyones force powers. I mean Mace on his own could take down more droids in the cartoon than him and all the other jedis put together could take in Attack of the Clones! lol!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by truejedi
so mace windu, at his time of death, is supposed to be only 4 years younger than obi in ANH? Alec Guiness sure wasn't the best pick for obi-wan, at least to keep the time scale correct.

well Mace and Obi-Wan are from different planets, so technically are different species who might age differently. Also being so bored and alone and full of guilt and despair on a planet like Tatooine might have picked up the aging process for poor Obi-Wan.

Still his age shouldnt have weakened him... im sure he must have been practising his force abilities. I mean he had nothing else to do! He should have been more like Count Dooku by this time. Im sure thats how they would have showed him if they had CGI in those days, and not such a limited budget especially for ANH..

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by The big EH
yeah this is a stupid one, your pitting an old senile man against a mid-age saber master. kenobi wins force, loses saber, loses all out intentionally and haunts mace forever

Darth Vader saying "your powers are weak old man" was written before George thought to himself these jedis actually improve with age!! Hence a very old Sidious with a walking stick as powerful as ever! and again Count Dooku people... age helped him against his much younger combatants in AOTC! Perhaps Darth was just saying that to intimidate Obi-Wan in ANH.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:30 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Also Obi-Wan must have used some Force power to direct all of Dookus lightning towards his saber, as the Lightning is much more widespread than that thin Saber.. Again Mace wasnt able to do this against Sidious. Though this may be due to Obi-Wans more defensive style.

He wasn't? I remember Mace blocking Sidious's lightning with his saber in ROTS, so doesn't that mean that he was able to direct Sidious's lightning towards his saber. Also take into consideration than Sidious was using lightning with 2 hands and Dooku was only using 1, and Sidious is more powerful than Dooku is.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 03:30 AM
Elite Hunter

Not to mention that Mace just had enough time to get his saber up since he was a lot closer to sidious than obiwan was to dooku.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 03:33 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by darthsith19
He wasn't? I remember Mace blocking Sidious's lightning with his saber in ROTS, so doesn't that mean that he was able to direct Sidious's lightning towards his saber. Also take into consideration than Sidious was using lightning with 2 hands and Dooku was only using 1, and Sidious is more powerful than Dooku is.

Actually yeah ur probably right... Dooku only used 1 hand and that from a distance as well... Didnt think of that.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 01:32 PM
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Mace.
2.Mace.
3.Mace

By ANH We never saw any indication that Kenobi was stronger in the Force than Mace.

Mace has always been stronger than Kenobi, and more knowledgeable as well.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Master_Starbuck a Private Message Find more posts by Master_Starbuck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote