KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Rots Yoda vs Exar Kun

Rots Yoda vs Exar Kun
Started by: skywalker833

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Question Rots Yoda vs Exar Kun

You know how it goes. Who wins?

Old Post May 16th, 2008 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Well, as a matter of fact, there's one little thing you missed...

Does Exar Kun carry his amulet?

Old Post May 16th, 2008 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

yoda. "Greatest enemy the darkness had ever known" puts him a tier above kun.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 16th, 2008 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11

It's kinda funny that NJO Luke takes that title from him.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post May 16th, 2008 10:21 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Didn't Yoda himself make that quote?

Old Post May 17th, 2008 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

No.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:

Kun was never defeated by anyone and so that quote doesn't put Yoda above him.
Open debate.

Amulet Kun kicks his ass. Normal Kun would probably get taken down after a hard fight.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 12:10 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Err... no, Yoda kicks Exar Kun's ass.

Imagine the folllowing dialoge:

Sidious: "Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda. Now you will experience the full power of the dark side..."
Yoda: "Quiet you be, the most devastating foe the darkness had ever known I am."

See, it doesn't work. It was stated by the omniscent narrator; there's a simple way to analyze the outcome of this fight. According to the author of the Kun comics and all, he's Sidious' inferior, and Yoda is Sidious' equal, so that already states that Yoda > Kun.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Open debate.

Amulet Kun kicks his ass. Normal Kun would probably get taken down after a hard fight.

....Kun is part of the darkness, is he not?

Old Post May 29th, 2008 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Open debate

No, Kun was called the darkest power in the galaxy of his time by the narrator. And btw Kun was defeated by his master in their first duel on dantooine (he even amits to this on Coruscant) then he wont he second duel when he had 2 lightsabers thanks to Crado. So you lose there. Now if you are going to argue about Kun beating Yoda provide a real argument because the quote is canon.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 08:27 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
And btw Kun was defeated by his master in their first duel on dantooine (he even amits to this on Coruscant) then he wont he second duel when he had 2 lightsabers thanks to Crado.

He then went on to become vastly more powerful and pwn that same masters ass in front of 20,000 people.
But I'll rephrase that for you: Exar Kun in his prime was never defeated by a lightsider and so that quote does not make Yoda better that him

quote:

Just becuase someones your greatest enemy doesn't mean that you lose. For example: Napoleon could be called the greatest enemy of the british, as he nearly conqoured us, yet he still lost at Waterloo.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 11:07 AM
Elite Hunter

He then went on to become vastly more powerful and pwn that same masters ass in front of 20,000 people.
But I'll rephrase that for you: Exar Kun in his prime was never defeated by a lightsider and so that quote does not make Yoda better that him

The quote doesn't automatically put Yoda above Kun your right there, what the quote does do is state that Yoda was the most powerful lightsider to date.We know that Kun was in a grand total of one lightsaber duel in his prime while Yoda who was far from his physical prime was actively in the front lines of the clone wars facing duelists around the same caliber as kun and if not higher in Dooku and Sidious.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on May 30th, 2008 at 06:44 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2008 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it doesnt, but since yoda=sideous, The most powerful sith lord according to g cannon, Sideous would obviously be above Kun in terms of power and skills. By way of a=b>c, yoda wins this.

quote:

Just becuase someones your greatest enemy doesn't mean that you lose. For example: Napoleon could be called the greatest enemy of the british, as he nearly conqoured us, yet he still lost at Waterloo.

But macarthur or paton would beat napoleon. They came afterwards and were able to study napoleon's attacks, tactics, and abilities, and have far more resources and technology at their disposal.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 30th, 2008 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

1. Napoleon never 'nearly' conquered Britain. He abandoned any invasion plan before he even fought at Trafalgar

2. Yoda still remains the most powerful lightsider until Luke. Just because Kun was never defeated by a single Jedi means nothing unless he fought someone of Yoda's power. He didn't.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 07:41 PM
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Originally posted by Lightsnake
1. Napoleon never 'nearly' conquered Britain. He abandoned any invasion plan before he even fought at Trafalgar

2. Yoda still remains the most powerful lightsider until Luke. Just because Kun was never defeated by a single Jedi means nothing unless he fought someone of Yoda's power. He didn't.

And? See you're pulling some statement, two can play the game, just because noone in Kun's time defeated him, does not mean that none of them were as STRONG as Yoda.

By defining greatest enemy the darkness has ever known, it doesn't necessarily mean just pure and utter power. Yoda had a lot more wisdom and a lot more abilities than just force powers, hence the interpretation of such a quote is also up to each individual reader.

You can't say they're wrong because you think differently.

Just for the record i still believe Marka Ragnos would beat Luke Skywalker in any shape or form, but that doesn't mean i'm right, neither does it mean im wrong.

Lack of equal evidence on the individual characters means that you simply can't place them side by side and judge them on that.

Kun has far less evidence on him, we still do not know the true extent of his power as opposed to Yoda and Luke who have volumes of books telling us how great they were and etc.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 11:03 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deception
And? See you're pulling some statement, two can play the game, just because noone in Kun's time defeated him, does not mean that none of them were as STRONG as Yoda.

By defining greatest enemy the darkness has ever known, it doesn't necessarily mean just pure and utter power. Yoda had a lot more wisdom and a lot more abilities than just force powers, hence the interpretation of such a quote is also up to each individual reader.

You can't say they're wrong because you think differently.

Just for the record i still believe Marka Ragnos would beat Luke Skywalker in any shape or form, but that doesn't mean i'm right, neither does it mean im wrong.

Lack of equal evidence on the individual characters means that you simply can't place them side by side and judge them on that.

Kun has far less evidence on him, we still do not know the true extent of his power as opposed to Yoda and Luke who have volumes of books telling us how great they were and etc.

I concur on most points. That quote in no way puts Yoda above Kun. I love all of these retarded interpretations.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 01:23 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

'Most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known' is quite clear, do you not think so? There are no loopholes, no nothing.

And Ragnos can defeat NJO Luke? WTF? That's... absolutely ridiculous...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
'Most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known' is quite clear, do you not think so? There are no loopholes, no nothing.

And Ragnos can defeat NJO Luke? WTF? That's... absolutely ridiculous...

How does that quote equate to Yoda being more powerful than Exar Kun? Oh wait, it doesn't. It simply means he's the most powerful lightsider (allegedly).

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

I didn't use it to prove him being more powerful than Exar Kun. And he's not 'allegedly'- he's canonically the most powerful lightsider, up until NJO Luke. And I really can't think of anyone in the NJO who surpassed Yoda.

Now then, a better assessment would be to see how Yoda stalemated with Sidious, a being who was confirmed by multiple sources to be greater than Exar Kun- and was called Sidious' equal by George Lucas. Sidious > Kun. Yoda = Sidious. I think that puts Yoda above Kun, don't you think?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 03:31 PM
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
I didn't use it to prove him being more powerful than Exar Kun. And he's not 'allegedly'- he's canonically the most powerful lightsider, up until NJO Luke. And I really can't think of anyone in the NJO who surpassed Yoda.

Now then, a better assessment would be to see how Yoda stalemated with Sidious, a being who was confirmed by multiple sources to be greater than Exar Kun- and was called Sidious' equal by George Lucas. Sidious > Kun. Yoda = Sidious. I think that puts Yoda above Kun, don't you think?

I can't think of a single jedi that I would put ahead of Yoda prior to ROTS. I'd give sabers to Yoda but the force battle is closer. Kun has his amulets yet Yoda is incredibly fast and his small size would help him dodge it.

However this next point that I will bring up has been bothering for a long time now. So maybe someone can come up with an answer to it. In the Jedi academy series Kun's spirit and Kyp attack luke with ebony lightning and the narrator says that all the defenses Luke(post DE btw so he is no amateur) tried failed and it specifically mentioned the defenses he learned from Yoda and Obiwan. Now one has to account for the fact that Luke left his training early to save Han and Leia, however if Luke was one of the last remaining hopes of the galaxy to kill the sith then Yoda who knows who Vader is and personally dueled the emperor and knows how deadly the latter can be, particularly with force lightning then wouldn't it make sense for Yoda to try and teach Luke some type of defense for it?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 03:45 PM