KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul Vs. Cont Dooku

Darth Maul Vs. Cont Dooku
Started by: DarthCuddles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthCuddles

Darth Maul Vs. Cont Dooku

Darth Maul Vs. Count Dooku

1. Saber
2. Force
3. All Out

Location- Geonosis (where dooku fought yoda)

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 01:59 PM
Click here to Send DarthCuddles a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCuddles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCuddles

TPM Maul without thigh injury, ROTS Dooku

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 02:02 PM
Click here to Send DarthCuddles a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCuddles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Dooku.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 02:07 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Dooku in all the 3.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

dooku. no contest.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Dooku in all might have some diffuculty with sabers

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, the sabers will be a breeze for him.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No, the sabers will be a breeze for him.

How so

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Hardly. Maul was able to outclass the finest swordsman in the Jedi Order in moments in Shadow Hunter...an order that included Dooku. Dooku's saber fight won't be a breeze with Maul

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Maul's a beast. He takes sabers, then gets ripped apart once Dooku gets the force.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Maul dies in all 3. But he could probably give Dooku a fight in the saber combat.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

I don't think Maul wins in sabers, but he puts up a really good fight.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

1. Sabers - Count Dooku wins with A LOT of difficulty.

The reason for this is Maul has Mastered Juyo Form 7. and is a martial arts expert, and extremely well trained in hand to hand combat. he also has extreme physical conditioning.

add this to his unorthodox weapon. a saber staff. Dooku is a fencer, and therefore the most skilled at blade to blade combat. Not blade to staff combat. Though I still say Dooku wins, but it will be far from easily.

2. Force - Dooku wins easily. No explanation needed. Although with his physical conditioning and his Phyysical and Force assisted abilities pushed to their limit, I do see Maul resisting Force attacks form Dooku to a small extent. Certainly better than Obi1 could.

3. All Out - Dooku wins without too much difficulty. But Maul certainly puts up a half decent fight.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 09:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

1. Maul takes Saber contest 8/10 times.
2. Dooku takes Force contest 10/10 times.
3. Dooku takes All-out contest 6/10 times.

Expanding on what Lightsnake said, Darth Maul was able to tool Anoon Bondara within moments of engaging him. Anoon acknowledged his skills as superior to his own. Anoon, like Maul, was a master of Teras Kasi. Not only that, but he's said to have been the Order's greatest duelist at the time, as well as the Jedi Battlemaster (probable). Let's keep in mind that Anoon's Order consisted of great duelists such as Qui-Gon, Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, Count Dooku, and even freakin' Yoda.

So yes, I believe Maul wins in sabers the majority of the time. As for the All-Out being closer than what most of you probably expect...I'm assuming Maul is competent enough to block or deflect Dooku's Force Lightning and dodge TK thrown objects quick enough to get in close and force the saber battle. That being said, I grant that Dooku might be able to pull a repeat of his Obi-Wan force tossing if Maul isn't careful with his force shields, and win the majority.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Hardly. Maul was able to outclass the finest swordsman in the Jedi Order in moments in Shadow Hunter...an order that included Dooku. Dooku's saber fight won't be a breeze with Maul
Most technical skill doesn't equate to best fighter. Anoons "skills with a lightsaber" were second to none, but that doesn't mean another Jedi, such as Dooku, couldn't beat Anoon.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd just like to note that technical skill does not define your overall dueling abilities. Having a technique down to a T does not make mean you are all that.

*hates*

edit- Subjekt beat me to it.

And Jesus ****ing christ. Maul wins sabers 8/10 times? Now do you people agree with me when I say the fool is overrated?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

force quite easily goes to dooku. he will just pull a "1 finger and down you go" like he did to ventress and put maul down because maul is more of a sith marauder focussing on fighting and martial arts.

sabers- heres my analysis.

since maul uses a double bladed saber, in order to get the proper leverage into his blows he would have to turn 360 and lean into his saber blow. you see this when he fights in TPM how he is always turning around. anyhow this will serve against him because with dooku's makashi he can keep his body stationary while parrying maul's blows, cut his saberstaff in half (but in a much calmer manner than tpm kenobi) once half the blade is gone its all down hill for maul form there.

i estimate it might take dooku 3 minutes TOPS to half the staff then at the MOST 45 seconds to defeat maul from there. so all pauses and taunts included dooku sweats as he walks away from a 5 minute fight.

all out the all out is dooku by a landslide and i dont think i need explain

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 07:44 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Man of Christ
anyhow this will serve against him because with dooku's makashi he can keep his body stationary while parrying maul's blows, cut his saberstaff in half (but in a much calmer manner than tpm kenobi) once half the blade is gone its all down hill for maul form there.

not necessarily.. when Vader cut Mauls saber, Maul was left with 2 sabers and went teras kasi on him.

also when obi1 cut Ventress's double saber, again she was left with 2.

and again Makashis designed for blade to blade fighting, not blade to staff..

add that to the fact that Mauls mastered Juyo, so wouldnt be easy for Dooku either way.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
And Jesus ****ing christ. Maul wins sabers 8/10 times? Now do you people agree with me when I say the fool is overrated?
By some. You see everyone else here agreeing that Dooku would win, right?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
not necessarily.. when Vader cut Mauls saber, Maul was left with 2 sabers and went teras kasi on him.

also when obi1 cut Ventress's double saber, again she was left with 2.

and again Makashis designed for blade to blade fighting, not blade to staff..

add that to the fact that Mauls mastered Juyo, so wouldnt be easy for Dooku either way.

was that fight even cannon?

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote